Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

grant holt statue

Holty has been fantastic, no doubt.   Its not just his goals but his personality and his performances for the team and his example as team captain.  The doom slayers have been after him ever since we got out of league 1 - "we can do better" "he''s overweight" "he''s not fit" they whined - despite evidence to the contrary.   They were wrong then and they will always be wrong.   A great player and captain for us over four fantastic years - ups and downs, like any player, but overall, he is the difference between us still being in league 1 and being in the premiership.  

What''s that?  Still going on about his contract negotiations?  Just looking after his family - yet again something we -could all take an example from - just like Holty himself - a good example.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

I think a sort of "Holy Trinity" would be nice.

Perhaps Delia centrally, McNally and Holt knelt either side, looking up towards her.

The Queen and her subjects.

[/quote]

Someone will be along shortly to tell you in no uncertain terms you have not included Bowkett. [;)]

I really think he has achieved the most out of any player for our great club, its so easy to forget just where we were. I remember coming over for one of my few games now I''m an ex-pat and watching him against Oldham in his first season with us, I knew nothing about him at the time, but can clearly remember being massively impressed and sms''ing a mate at half time to wax lyrical about him, at that time I thought he was "Premier class" and he proved he is/was. A much better player than many would have you believe, and I for one would support a statue, why not.......and also of a few others who have contributed massively to Norwich City over the years as for a few of them just being a "legend" and having their picture on the wall really isnt enough. He out ranks Hucks for his contribution as a player in my opinion, which is no mean feet....Hucks who should also have a statue...why not, its about time we gave some solid recognition to a few special people....OTBC

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Or, more significantly, Lambert.[/quote]

Lambert blew his statue chances I''m afraid. Perhaps we could leave an empty plinth to represent the part he played before eventually adding Hughton or A.N Other.

I''d like one of Grant Holt releasing a dove, with Wes Hoolahan reaching out to it like a small child around Holty''s ankles, while John Ruddy peers at the horizon with a wistful look on his face.

What about one of Grant walking away from Carrow Road, looking back over his shoulder at the home of football, behind him could be a fan of his, on their knees, sobbing. Perhaps clutching something, his shirt maybe.....or a flip-flop....[:''(]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

What about one of Grant walking away from Carrow Road, looking back over his shoulder at the home of football, behind him could be a fan of his, on their knees, sobbing. Perhaps clutching something, his shirt maybe.....or a flip-flop....[:''(]

[/quote]

What you mean a flip-flop like this one ? [:P]

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]Why is Kathy wearing Crocodile Dundee''s waistcoat?

[/quote]

Thought you might have asked what she was doing to injure her wrist ? [:)]

Think that the "fat" joke has been done before somewhere...on this thread....yawn.....

I''m sure BananaBrain found it funny....

One of the (few) good things about the emirates is the pictures of former players. We could do with something similar and. Holty featuring prominently

It amuses me when people still bring up the jibe about him bring fat. Presumably they''re all in peak physical condition and could run for 90 minutes...

For me he is at the top on the list of legends and deserves something at the club in recognition of this, i doubt anything will happen until he retires though. There is a list of people who deserve recognition for dragging the club up off it''s knees and most will never get it, Lambert in time will be remembered as one of our great managers like Walker is remembered now, Then there are board members who realised just where this club could be and players like Hoolahan, R Martin, Ruddy, C Martin and many others that dragged us up with sheer guts and a determination to fight till the end. And Holt was the player that led those players by example, I doubt we will ever see a player like him again. Statue? I would happily have him standing on the ball on our badge!

[quote user="JF"]Statue? I would happily have him standing on the ball on our badge![/quote]Then falling over, and somehow winning a free kick.

Really don''t like this idea, personally. I''d rather a statue of De... Well, maybe not, I''d just rather nothing.His names in the hall of fame, and he will be remembered as one of NCFC''s best, but a statue is taking it too far in my opinion.

Puurrrrllease?

He is a long way down the list after Keelan, Watling, Hucks, Forbes, Stringer to name but a few in no particular order.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

The answer is simple.

Hucks has his thing going on in the Jarrold.

Gunn has the Gunn club.

Yellows is a poor name for an American style diner.

[/quote]
A tribute to Holt is something to think about when he retires from the game. Not when he is an active player. 
I would actually like the club to commission a few statues, but I think there would be a fair few people in the mix, my immediate thoughts are that I''d rather a Huckerby statue from modern times. From the nineties I''d have to go for Ian Crook or Bryan Gunn, due to their loyalty, maybe even Mark Bowen. Lot''s of names would be in with a shout.