Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

grant holt statue

we should get a statue of grant holt commisioned and put up outside the ground as soon as possible , it should be located in the area in front of the club shop , i''m not joking no player has had a bigger impact on our club ever... god knows how it happened but somehow a journeyman footballer from shrewsbury town has led as back to where we belong you couldn''t make it up and it should never be forgotten and it won''t be... the man deserves a special tribute   LEGEND!!!!!!    OTBC

As big as the statue of liberty, with robotics so that in our hour of need it can be animated to fight things like Godzilla and other giant nasty beasts . . . .

[quote user="im spartacus"]we should get a statue of grant holt commisioned and put up outside the ground as soon as possible , it should be located in the area in front of the club shop , i''m not joking no player has had a bigger impact on our club ever... god knows how it happened but somehow a journeyman footballer from shrewsbury town has led as back to where we belong you couldn''t make it up and it should never be forgotten and it won''t be... the man deserves a special tribute   LEGEND!!!!!!    OTBC[/quote]

Gets my vote.[Y]

Whilst a statue is a bit much, he should be immortalised in some way, no doubts. Hucks dragged us out of the championship, and is a legend, Holt dragged us up two leagues and kept us up the top for 2 seasons. Absolutely immense achievement. He got us back to being a team that respected itself. We used to get bullied and cheated out of all sorts of games and transfers, but Holt stood up for us, much in the same way McNasty seems to off the field.

That is why we are where we are.

I''m sure the threads that will be started here every time he so much as farts while wearing a Wigan shirt will be enough of a tribute.

So there should be QHcanary. Can you think of anyone in the history of our club who has made more of an impact for us than Holt has?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]So there should be QHcanary. Can you think of anyone in the history of our club who has made more of an impact for us than Holt has?[/quote]

Cant believe some  of the attitudes towards GH on this messageboard/amongst the NCFC fan base.

The guy is a complete legend.Where would we be without his goals?!

The whole 3 year deal thing now seems strange. I guess the extra money Holt got on that will be accounted into the fee Wigan are paying. I felt we knew last summer that his days were numbered as long as we maintained premiership football.

No to a statue

Holt scored a few goals but in the grand scheme of things has he done more than a Gunn, Huckerby or Ashman?

Don''t think he deserves a statue... maybe you could buy fake mustaches from the club shop in his honour.

Done more than Hucks in my book. Not sure on Ashman and probably level with Gunny. Ironically, Holts signing was Gunns only good bit during his time as manager!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Lol.

[/quote]banana milk shake photo: pb2, banana and muscle milk lite shake 100_0346.jpg

The day is getting nearer and there will be no shortage of posters wishing to turn the blender on.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I think it should be located alongside the A140 near the border with Suffolk in order to remind any Binner passing by as to the stuffing they received from the legend.[/quote]

I don''t think that would be a good idea Tangible as if you put it too near Binner country they may be tempted to turn it into a burning effigy.

I think a sort of "Holy Trinity" would be nice.

Perhaps Delia centrally, McNally and Holt knelt either side, looking up towards her.

The Queen and her subjects.

The club wasn''t just on its knees, it was on its arse, and Grant Holt was the biggest single influence on the playing field to getting us back where most of us think we belong. In our time of need he delivered, this is why for me he has, and will always be afforded ''cult hero'' status.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Can we get one of Glenn Roeder and every single loan player he brought to Norwich next to him?

[/quote]

Nope...I don''t get it, enlighten me.....why?