Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Favourite Grant Holt goals

I''m sad to see Holt go, as I think he had another good year left in him, but hopefully our new signings will have the firepower we need.

He''s been a great servant and a character that many of us will miss, but I can understand him wanting to be nearer to his family - I wouldn''t fancy driving from Norwich to Carlisle on a regular basis.

Was thinking about some of the goals he scored, and apart from the hat-trick against the scum, my favourite''s were the towering header away at Liverpool and the finish at home to man U in our first season back in the prem - anyone else have any particular favourites?

You picked my favourites too, plus I''ll add his goal at home against arsenal and his long overdue walk in against west brom

78th and final goal for NCFC in part of a famous win away at Man City. Will always remember him clapping the fans off at the end on his own - thought it was a farewell at the time.

For me

Best quality goals: Liverpool away and the left footed chip over the keeper in front of the N&P in league 1 (can''t remember who against)

Most memorable goals: Hat trick at home to Ipswich, winner against Everton.

I would have to look through them again, there has been so many.

One that stands out is the diving header away at Scunthorpe in stoppage time to win 1-0, great cross from surman as well i remember.

Strangley one of the most vivid memories was the colchester debacle at home on the opening day, his debut. I remember turning to the guy at the side of me and saying, please tell me this is a joke and that gunny hasnt just spent all our transfer budget on this barrel of lard. He was poor and looked hopelessly overweight.

How wrong was I. Its been a privilege to see him in the yellow and green and i will hold him in high esteem forever.

I salute you grant holt

His equaliser vs Everton at home. There are more special goals, but I was there for that celebrating with him (got on tv doing so!). His performance that day was probably the best I have seen from a centre forward ever no joke. Distin looked like a lost little boy out there.

The Scunthorpe one was amazing too, especially as I had dragged my new girlfriend to the game! She probably went from never coming to a match again to going some way to understanding why I spend so much time following NCFC.

Everton away in our first season back in the PL. Turned about 3 players then finished it perfectly. The sort of goal that would have been talked about for ages if a fashionable player had scored it.

not a favourite and certainly not the most significant but one of the ''best'' goals I think he scored was in a 2-1 defeat away at Burnley when he volleyed a Hoolahan cross into the bottom corner.

technique and accuracy, a goal that deserved to win a match...and would be talked about a lot more if it had.

Ha, that Burnley match, I went with my mate who supported Burnley and sat with him. When that goal went in, I wanted to go mental, as it was a hell of a strike! I got half way up to jumping before calming myself and in my most ''unbiased'' of efforts just applauded the goal and wouldn''t shut up about how good it was. I think I got rumbled!

Loved the hat-trick against the Binners, the equaliser against United in our 1st season back, the goal at Goodison, the chip agianst Wolves at home last year, the late winner against Reading at home in the Championship and obvioulsy the equaliser at Anfield but I think I''d have to go with (I think) his 2nd away at Yeovil where he went through their whole team with players literally bouncing off him before smashing it in the far corner.

For me the one that sticks out is Everton away 2011. Lovely turn and shot. Mainly because no-one in the Premier League expected it. Really sticks out for me.

Mr Brownstone you have just added two goals that I was going to mention with the one at home to Wolves and away at Yeovil. Another brilliant goal he scored was at home to Bristol Rovers when he beat two players and then cracked it home from about 20 yards with his left foot.

My favourite Holty goal was the header away at Liverpool - just loved the fact that he was running away celebrating while three Liverpool players were left on the floor.

And to be a total pedant I''m pretty sure the cross for his goal away at Scunthorpe was from Lappin not Surman.

The chest control and volley into the roof of the net against Orient. Showed he had a lovely touch as well as the strength and heading abilities

[quote user="Curious Orange"]The chest control and volley into the roof of the net against Orient. Showed he had a lovely touch as well as the strength and heading abilities[/quote]That would be my choice as well! A fantastic finish.

His goal against Everton at the death, Liverpool away and the one against Man United (the 2-1 loss) will live long in the memory.

WFL GH.

All of them !!! We would not be where we are now without Grant Holt. God I hope he stays.

His hook shot against Chelsea was special, wasn''t it his first Premier League goal? It put all the doubters in their place.

There''s certainly been some crackers. Five that spring to mind in no particular order would be:

1. Late header v Scunthorpe.

2. Second goal against the binners, celebrating by picking the BBC mic up and holding it like a ''tache was spot-on banter.

3. Diving header at home to Oldham, the judgement of the bounce and connection were sublime.

4. Anfield goal leaving Carragher and Reina in a heap.

5. Goal against Everton in 2011. Great balance and strength.

It''s hard to narrow down a ''favourite'' and i''d probably offer another five equally enjoyable if you asked me again tomorrow! He''s been incredible to have on board, good luck big lad.

Number 3 Rotherham. Love that goal. 3 passes and in the back of the net.

My two favourites (not necessarily the best) Charlton at home in the League 1 season - last minut equaliser against the (at that point) clear league leaders - we were 2-0 down in that game and when that went in I remember thinkng ''we might just get out of this stinking division after all!'', And Blackburn at home - he''d been out of the team, we were losing to a team near the bottom of the league and he smashed home a late penalty - again gave me the belief we had enough about us to survive in the Prem. My Favourites in terms of quality - Man U at home and Leyton Orient at home. wish the big man luck, if he wants to move back to the north-west this deal makes sense to all parties - Hope we play Wigan in the not too distant future so Carrow Road gan giv him a proper farewell.

and this song - he should''ve bloody well been on that plane!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nJAssNaHvw

Having just reveiwed many of them on youtube, im going to have to stick with the header against scunthorpe away.

Its just a superb header, genius.

These are my favs. 1.) Norwich 2-1 Wolves, the second goal where he lobbed Hennessey and headed it in. Messi-esque. This win also topped off a class first season back in the EPL for us (Click here to see the goal)2.) Norwich 4-1 Ipswich, the first one. Pushed out and ran a crazy length of the pitch to but O''Dea under, a true goal from nothing. Kick started our absolute humiliation and destruction of Ipswich in the 2010/11 season (click here for the goal) 3.) Norwich 1 - 0, A true pounce from a brilliant CF. It was a brilliant win for the club also kick-started our 10-game unbeaten run last season (click for goal)4.) Everton 1-1 Norwich, Again, a true strikers'' goal from almost nothing. how he managed to shake off that many challenges and poke the ball in is remarkable. (click for the goal and excuse the crrap quality)