Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

How much money?

How much money do you think we have bagged selling Holt, Vaughan, Martin etc in fees and how much wages have we saved as I believe Holt was on £30k p/w alone.

My guess is £3m in fees so far and £70k. This for me is a nice war chest to get a couple of really decent first choice attacking player/s.

"My guess is £3m in fees so far and £70k. This for me is a nice war chest to get a couple of really decent first choice attacking player/s. "

I would be extremely concerned if we were spending £3m on a couple of players for any position, let alone strikers. The £3m will buy 33 to 50% of one striker good enough for us.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"My guess is £3m in fees so far and £70k. This for me is a nice war chest to get a couple of really decent first choice attacking player/s. "

I would be extremely concerned if we were spending £3m on a couple of players for any position, let alone strikers. The £3m will buy 33 to 50% of one striker good enough for us.[/quote]

It is significant when you roll that money into the £60m TV money we have. This will help buy better quality players. For example, getting a player on a free and paying £70k p/w would be a substantial signing for Norwich.

No, quite the opposite. When you consider we no longer have Grant Holt, £3m hardly seems worth it unless we''re not in the Prem. and we''re not hunting for lower league diamonds in the rough. You do know that £60m is an annual payment for top level teams, don''t you?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]No, quite the opposite. When you consider we no longer have Grant Holt, £3m hardly seems worth it unless we''re not in the Prem. and we''re not hunting for lower league diamonds in the rough. You do know that £60m is an annual payment for top level teams, don''t you?[/quote]

When there is talk of us spending £30m on players and VWW is supposedly on substantially more than Holt p/w, I think these figures are substantial and an extra £3m plus £70kp/w guestimate is extremely handy and not insignificant.

It''s relative chump change for a proper Prem side who now has no proven striker. I don''t understand the rush to dump Holt and the happy clappys rationalizing what may turn out to be wreckless move for the sake of loose change we don''t need.

Whenever Holt had a run out of the team either from injury or suspension it took him several games to hit top form. Norwich cannot afford if VWW is not playing to wait a few games for Holt to hit form.

Plus Holt was a slow starter to the season and this season of all seasons we cannot afford a slow start as we have an exceptionally hard run in.

Your rationalizing has become comical. Word is Holt is in top shape. If he starts slow, bench him like other years and reap the benefits when he comes on as a sub, Just don''t dump him for 1/3 what an unproven replacement will cost.

As to the start of the season being particularly difficult, ha ha now you''re just making it up. Sober up and look at the schedule. The first 3-4 games are all ones we should get points from if we have strong confident leadership on the field.

I would wait until closer to the start of the season before panicking, Houston. We have little idea what the final squad is going to look like at this point. It may seem reckless to you, but you know a lot less than the people making the decisions.

Although it is hard to watch a legend like Holt leave I have complete faith in CH and DM that they with replace him with real quality either already done or on the verges of completion, it''s gonna be an exciting season, just hope they get their targets in early enough to gel in pre season