Sign in to follow this  
Dave

£2 million+ for a 32 year old

He wanted to be near his family imo...........what the hell is wrong with that?

It would have been selfish for us to hold on to him.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Would Forlan, Beckham or Drogba be sold for £2 million because they are in their 30''s ?[/quote]

That''s a fair point, those 3 players moved on free transfers...

[quote user="The Walking Man "][quote user="swindoncanary"]Would Forlan, Beckham or Drogba be sold for £2 million because they are in their 30''s ?[/quote]

That''s a fair point, those 3 players moved on free transfers...[/quote]
Forlan didn''t, but yeah I was going to say that about the other two! 

Wiz said - "He wanted to be near his family imo...........what the hell is wrong with that?

It would have been selfish for us to hold on to him."

Long time since you have made a post that I agree with. Well said.

2 million ( if tere is any truth in this sum) is poor business for our last seasons first choise striker.

Holt doesnt have huge injury history, he doesnt base his game to his speed and reflexes, but vision and strenght and those attributes are none worse at 32 than 38 for example with proper training and vision will only keep improving until the age of 60 when human starts to go back to the childhood again slowly ^^

3 million would have been ok and 4 million the "right" price considering curent transfer climate.

That said if Holt wanted out and wasnt happy for the role we could have offered him. This was still right thing to do. I''m not personaly so sure this is true and Holt stated same things in interview that every professional player would have done. I''m not saying that he was lying, I*m just stating that we dont know did he want to leave and probably never will if he doesnt write biography.

Price and everything else away only current transfer window and next season will prove was it really right time.

I personaly trust we are quite sure of getting replacement soon as in other hand it would have been really stupid thing to sell at this point of window with having only 2 srikers left in our books.

This way or that I see no reason to anyone panic or be overjoyed how good deal we made with 32 year old.

Fact is that he was sold cheaper than his real transfer value was. Which normaly means we wanted to get rid of him or at least both parties did agree that leaving was better for the team.

I think you need to read your first sentence again.

IF there is any truth in the sum. If the £2m is incorrect (how will we ever know) then that blows your worries out of the water.

You could easily post an opposite post about if we got £4m for him, as being great business.

Bottom line is we do not know, so that is moaning for moanings sake

At 32 years of age and on the evidence of last season he is on the downside of his career. I also believe he engineered a move away when he moved his family up north. He''s done an excellent job for us, one of the main reasons for our being in the Premiership today, but he was well paid for what he did and he himself has said this is the right time and the right move for him. So all in all it is the best outcome for everybody concerned.

When the new strikers are unveiled, GH will soon be nothing more than a pleasant reminisce.