Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

Anybody had HOLT put on their new shirt?

Oh dear, still it is collectors item now!

Suggest holding off on putting RUDDY on the new keepers top.

If anybody has got Holt on their new shirt then I would suggest walking into the club shop and not leaving until they give you a new one. 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]If anybody has got Holt on their new shirt then I would suggest walking into the club shop and not leaving until they give you a new one. [/quote]

If someone gets a player''s name and number on their shirt before the squad is confirmed, then they deserve what they get I''m afraid. The staff in the club shop say over and over again that they should wait until the squad numbers are confirmed and even that the transfer window closes but some people just won''t listen. I don''t want it to sound harsh but it''s not difficult to wait. Last season I got Howson 8 on the back of my shirt and whilst in the shop saw four people trying to take their shirts back. The lad behind the counter even said "I was the one that served you and I told you to keep your receipt and come in and get it printed once they''d been announced" to which the customer actually said "Yeah I know that, but I didn''t think Howson would change did I?"

I''ve got Holt on my old shirt and I''m still going to wear it. The guys a legend and the locals where I live (6 miles from 1p5wich) just love it.

getting any players name on a  shirt is always a risk. no one stays at a club forever (unless they are Ryan Giggs).

I don''t see a problem with a former players name on a shirt if they have left their legacy as Holt has done.