Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

WIGAN about to announce signing

City can confirm striker and Canary legend Grant Holt has joined

Championship side Wigan Athletic on a 3-year deal for an undisclosed

fee.

Goodbye and good luck, I think I''m going to pour myself a drink.

I just hope to god Holt is our only departure this summer. I don''t think I could deal with losing Ruddy too.

Such a shame, forever a legend. Good luck old man!

Lol, nicked off Twitter.So those of who didn''t claim our season ticket rebate when we dropped to league one (That paid for Grant Holt) can expect a share of teh profit?

[quote user="the1englishman"]Where is it reported ? GUTTED if true :([/quote]Holty just tweeted it himself also.

Gutted! Good luck Holty. Thanks for some truly great times as an NCFC fan!

Well we all knew it was coming. Good luck to him, though at the same time, I really hope he never reaches the same form he ever did for us - don''t like Wigan really. This does, however show our ambition somewhat, that we are moving forward and upwards.

Next on NCFC, the rise of Jonny Howson to captaincy and greatness!

Absolutely gutted, been a hero to me and my kids.

However, have to concede, time is probably right and he leaves as a great .

Best of luck Holt and lets hope McNally can work on getting some new heroes in

OTBC

Well the day has come probably a season sooner than I thought and it is really very disappointing. For me, one of the very best to pull on the Norwich City shirt since I started supporting the club back in the sixties. I wish him and his lovely family all the very best and thank him for the major part he played in our club''s revival.....an absolute legend!!!!   

The club now moves on and will undoubtedly do so by bringing in more quality additions to the squad and we will soon I am sure have a new hero....but not quite like Grant Holt................Wigan have a real top player on their hands who they will love very quickly!

I am gutted that Holt has left, he has achieved so much at the club and we wouldn''t be where we are without him.

That being said, he will have more first team opportunities at Wigan. It does leave me feeling that we are confident of at least one forward coming in before next weekend when we fly out to USA

Sold too early in my opinion.

Still had a lot to offer both as a class finisher and an inspirational leader. If United can keep Giggs and Scholes around to aid their cause why can''t we keep Holt?

Let''s just pray this means that another quality striker is all but signed up.

[quote]Hopefully he can do one last favour and score against the scum next season.[/quote]I''d put my money on him bagging more than one against them next season. Really hope so. It''s as close as we will get to beating them for the near future.It''s come at the right time, for club and himself so as far as I can see, a good deal. He will be missed, but we move on. 

They say there should be no sentiment in sport but GH is and always will be A city legend and very sad to see him go. But it may be the right thing on both sides. All the best Grant. Lets hope McN has some impressive signings lined up!

We had the best of him, he''s been brilliant. At 32 and with his family up north, a good time to move and he''s going to be working for a good manager too.