Sign in to follow this  
PAUL

Grant Holt departure = bad failing of Hughton

I think the departure of Holt is a massive failing on Hughton, not being able to better the deal - I think Hughton''s position is now untenable. How can he stay when he has let go of not only our best player, but the leading scorer for the last three seasons??

Agreed....don''t worry Paul, you can get tickets for your teams match against Wigan in March and watch the mighty horse score another hatrick!

What a load of bulllsh/+ , Hughton''s done well imo! Him and McNally are doing good bussiness in the transfermarket, we''ve received a good sum of maney for a 32 year old who cost us 400k . I can''t believe all this sh1£ about us losing the best ever etc... I really loved Grant Holt and he did us proud, he''s a legend , but his time has come to move on.

Good job Hughton !!!

The thread is a load of rubbish, but i don''t get this "he cost us £400k so it''s a good deal"

I don''t see why previous worth should come into new worth.

Say he''d moved for £1m, that wouldn''t be a good deal would it and yer that would be a 150% profit.

£2.5m is neither good or bad in my book. It''s about right when you consider £25k a week is off the wage bill now and Holty has got the move he wanted.

We have gambled by sacrificing our only striker who knows where the back of a premiership net is and Wigan have gambled that a 32 year old not known for his fine physique may or may not be up for it like he was with us. No doubt they will do well to sell him on for anything decent either.

Now we just need to adequately replace him. Something we have perennially failed to do on many occasions in the past.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The thread is a load of rubbish, but i don''t get this "he cost us £400k so it''s a good deal"

I don''t see why previous worth should come into new worth.

Say he''d moved for £1m, that wouldn''t be a good deal would it and yer that would be a 150% profit.

£2.5m is neither good or bad in my book. It''s about right when you consider £25k a week is off the wage bill now and Holty has got the move he wanted.

We have gambled by sacrificing our only striker who knows where the back of a premiership net is and Wigan have gambled that a 32 year old not known for his fine physique may or may not be up for it like he was with us. No doubt they will do well to sell him on for anything decent either.

Now we just need to adequately replace him. Something we have perennially failed to do on many occasions in the past.[/quote]
We would have done well out of £400k and whatever he was paid per week even if we gave him to Wigan for free, he has been a bargain, and Wigan will get enough goals out of him to justify their investment. 

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/14209195c6_thumb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/14209195c6_thumb.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quite right OP, sack everyone........................TIT!

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I think that''s Wiz''s attempt at sarcasm Morty[/quote]Lol, I''m not so sure.

Grant Holt scored a "massive" 8 goals last season - wow!  He has done well for us in the previous seasons but now is the right time for him to go.  Not a patch on the player he was - a good call by Hughton. 

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I think that''s Wiz''s attempt at sarcasm Morty[/quote]

Correct refjez..................I''m just not very good at it![:$]

[quote user="Herman "]Co-op''s bananas are crap. Pitch black within a couple of days.[/quote]You are indeed correct. Miserable herb based mush after little more than 48 hours.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Herman "]Co-op''s bananas are crap. Pitch black within a couple of days.[/quote]

You are indeed correct. Miserable herb based mush after little more than 48 hours.
[/quote]

I too can concur with the short shelf life of Co-Op Bananas! MUSH ! ! !

Well. I also think it is a big mistake but only time will tell.  This was certainly a great way to put added pressure on our new unproven striker. Not good management IMO.

I would like to know why Grant Holt suddenly wanted to leave Norwich after Hughtons appointment, yes he only scored eight goals last season but a lot of the time he weas played wide (much like his time at Forest under Calderwood). Personally I would like to know whether there were problems at the club with personalities or whether he had personal problems that led to his departure. I just feel his presence will be missed as club captain much like Malky and Iwan. Good luck to him at Wigan and thanks for what he done. Still making my mind up on the manager.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I think that''s Wiz''s attempt at sarcasm Morty[/quote]

Correct refjez..................I''m just not very good at it![:$]

[/quote]
That''s Myopic Morty for you.  Complete failure at spotting sarcasm and ironically funny for the wrong reasons for dishing out ''fail'' and ''troll'' pics.

Have you considered that Grant Holt wanted to move to be nearer to his family, I have no doubt that he handed in a written request and asked for a move, why would any manager stand in the way of any player taht did not want to play for the club anymore?..........And before anybody has a go regarding the "closer to his family", have a look at the motorway network from the Wigan area to Carlisle and ask yourself if he could drive home quicker from Wigan than he could from Norfolk.......

He''s admitted in his radio interview that he wanted to go back north. Given that we''d have received next to nothing for him in a years time, and we have money to get another striker in, I''d say it''s good business.

It''s a shame for the club to lose someone who has given so much, but there''s a right time for everything, and this seems like the best we could have got from the situation, along with respecting Holt''s wishes.