Sign in to follow this  
chicken

A Swift Dose of Reality

Rather than attention seeking and baiting people I thought I would open discussion on a new thread about various attitudes and concerns.

Holt: I challenge anyone who has access to twitter to look through his album on there and watch the video of him going home to his kids after ten days of not seeing them and tell me that sometimes, when all is said and done there is nothing, not one thing, that is more important than your family. I had to make a similar choice nearly 7 years ago. And I have not regretted it.

I will always hold a place in my footballing world of heroes for Holt as to me he has simply been one of the most passionate, most gritty and pull your socks up players we have had play for our club in my memory (I''m 31).

To be fair to both him and the club, neither have made a fuss about it, and a good price has been agreed if the £2 million to £2.5million rumour is to be true.

What a legend, and what respect he deserves.

Signings: I keep seeing people stating things like ''he''s taking too long, forget him and move on'' or ''if a player doesn''t jump at the chance, we don''t want them''.

People need to check who and what type of player we are now signing. We are no longer signing players from lower leagues, or even leagues that can be considered that much lower than our position. We are signing them from the premier leagues from Europe - so far one from Portugal and links to others in Holland.

Not players from another county, or even Scotland or Wales. These players are making a decision that will change their lives, uprooting their family, perhaps having to learn a new language and adapt to a new culture. Not to mention weigh up whether moving to us will improve their prospects beyond where they are.

in short they are another calibre of player, they are used to top flight football and a switch to another club in a similar or worse position to their own is not going to be a ''wow I simply must'' for them.

If we want better players we''ll have to fight harder for them it is as simple as that.

We must make sure that we never ever again sign a player and take him away from his tearful kids. Only players born and bred in Norfolk or immigrants living nearby all of their lives need apply.

Great post, adds into what i was saying about maybe a few of them will join the party now that RVW has been brave enough to. Fer, Alderwiereld, Toivonen and co will be looking for others to take the big trip to the premiership with them.

Of them, it''ll be the biggest move for Fer as he''s never played abroad. Toivonen and Alderwiereld aren''t Dutch and so probably had a bit of adjusting to do before.

[quote user="paul moy"]We must make sure that we never ever again sign a player and take him away from his tearful kids. Only players born and bred in Norfolk or immigrants living nearby all of their lives need apply.
[/quote]

Cody never missed his family. He realised how lucky he was, he would have crawled over broken glass to play for NCFC <sniff> I still miss him <sniff>

[:''(]

"a greater command of the English language than 95% of the spectatorship"

are those that spectatorise the game ?

I trust that our current transfer dealings are preceded by full family checks.

We surely do not want a repeat of heartstrings being tugged by thankless progeny left behind in the wilds of bleakest Sweden/Netherlands/Senegal.

[quote user="City1st"]"a greater command of the English language than 95% of the spectatorship"

are those that spectatorise the game ?[/quote]And those who look back on it are spectatorologists. [;)]

I take it that his wife and kids weren''t forced to move back up north and that he had the option of living with them and seeing them every day, in abject poverty in some slum in Norwich!

[quote user="Alfie54"]I take it that his wife and kids weren''t forced to move back up north and that he had the option of living with them and seeing them every day, in abject poverty in some slum in Norwich![/quote]

They lived in Hethersett.

[quote user="Alfie54"]I take it that his wife and kids weren''t forced to move back up north and that he had the option of living with them and seeing them every day, in abject poverty in some slum in Norwich![/quote]

Some people have no idea. Try going out there into the real world.

Their family is up there, his parents - it''s where he wanted to go back to when he hangs up his boots. That could be in three years when his contract with Wigan ends. He wants his kids settled down and at school, where he knows they can make friends and not have to face them leaving and losing those friendships for the sake of a year or two of his career.

It''s the same choice that many of us make in our lives. In many ways I am pleased he put his family first, it makes him an even better man in my mind.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Only players and fans from around a 25 mile radius of the Carra should be allowed in the stadium.[/quote]Why 25 miles? [:@]

Make it 5 and NO more.

Shink we dewnt want no foreigners here buh!