Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Fer and Alderweireld in Norwich today

This was on talksport about half an hour ago. They had their dutch expert/correspondant talking about those players coming in from the Dutch league - Ginkel and Bony
He then mentioned the two players we have been linked with. In relation to Fer he said how he''s looking around Norwich at the moment and could be having a medical within 24 hours.
He also claimed Alderweireld was flying in today and he is just really keen on playing in the premier league and if no bigger clubs come in this could well happen.
Great news if both of these come off. I have to admit to knowing less about Fer, but hearing good things on this board and he sounds like exactly the type of player we need. Toby is just a world class defender, despite being prone to the odd mistake - but which ball playing defenders aren''t.

Not sure on this. Fer tweeted about 12 hours ago that he on his way back to Holland...

Presumably for pre-season, same with Alderweireld.

just seen the other thread talking about the same subject, o well.
Nicko - are those twitter accounts legit? seems like completely contrasting stories then
here''s the talksport link
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/130709/van-der-kraan-norwich-set-sign-two-players-dutch-league-201282

Yup, heard the same. Lets quash the nonsense!

I think perhaps Fer is the most likely, perhaps he may be flying in tonight.

Fer could be in Norwich. He got back to Holland about 24 hours ago judging by his twitter and we all know its only a short flight over from Amsterdam. he''s also not joined hi club for pre-season training so definitely looks to be on the move. This one looks the most likely/imminent to me although still huge potential for us to get gazumped at the last minute by another club in my view.

Toby on the other hand definitely appears to have been training with Ajax this morning in Austria. i guess he could be flying in tonight but at the moment reports that he is in Norwich look wide of the mark.

[quote user="Nicko"]Yup, heard the same. Lets quash the nonsense! I think perhaps Fer is the most likely, perhaps he may be flying in tonight.[/quote]

I cannot for the life of me see how people chose to believe Twitter, its no more reliable than Dodgy rumours or little tom from the play ground.  The official site has to be the best one to read

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Nicko"]Yup, heard the same. Lets quash the nonsense! I think perhaps Fer is the most likely, perhaps he may be flying in tonight.[/quote]

I cannot for the life of me see how people chose to believe Twitter, its no more reliable than Dodgy rumours or little tom from the play ground.  The official site has to be the best one to read

[/quote]

It''s his official Twitter account. Verified by Twitter. Leroy Fer was in Holland 12-18 hours ago.

I believe it, because it was actually him who said it.

And as a previous poster has stated, Alderweireld has been pictured training with Ajax, which has been tweeted BY Ajax. Again, the official Twitter account.

[quote user="Nicko"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

It''s his official Twitter account. Verified by Twitter. Leroy Fer was in Holland 12-18 hours ago.

I believe it, because it was actually him who said it.

And as a previous poster has stated, Alderweireld has been pictured training with Ajax, which has been tweeted BY Ajax. Again, the official Twitter account.[/quote]Have aeroplanes gone out of existance in Hollandsch (read it aloud [;)])?!

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Ajax have posted a picture of Alderweireld training with them in Austria today - so he definitely hasn''t been in Norwich.[/quote]

It''s only a 50min flight....
[/quote]

Austria to Norwich is more than 50 mins and it has been confirmed that he has been there all afternoon, his meeting in Norwich would have been spectaculary short for him to make it to Vienna (the nearest City to Ajax''s training) by the latest of 3pm (the time the photo of him was tweeted).

With Leroy Fer his tweet doesn''t make it clear if was leaving Bali 24 hours ago, or had arrived in Holland ''back to Holland'' could be taken either way. If he was leaving Bali at the time of the tweet then no chance of him going to Norwich today.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Leroy Fer plays for Feyenoord according to Talksport[/quote]

Which is completely incorrect so why should anything else they say be believed.