Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Transfer Odds

Alderwiereld is 4-1 and Hooper is 2-1 suggesting the bookies don''t think either are likely to happen.

Either of them worth a punt?

i feel like those 3 plus toivonen are all mentioned as possibilities for us but just so they can try and engineer bigger moves for themselves. i want players that want to come to NCFC and it doesn''t feel like any of Hooper, Fer, Toivonen and Anderwerield? even really want to come to Carrow Rd.

Love how on Skybet the other options for Alderwiereld are Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Bayer Leverkeusen Bayern Munich!

No odds market for Leroy Fer strangely enough...

Spanish, it''s the ruthless world of the premiership. These players rightfully so want to play at the highest level. We are seen as an excellent stepping stone now. That is our unique selling point (sorry for the sales term). To attract the best, we have to use this to our advantage, a good year here and a top 10 finish, and RVW, Fer, Toby Alderwhatsit etc will be next seasons Michu''s and Benteke''s. No problems if we have to sell at that point and double/ treble our money.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Love how on Skybet the other options for Alderwiereld are Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Bayer Leverkeusen Bayern Munich!

No odds market for Leroy Fer strangely enough...[/quote]

I genuinely don''t see him signing for us. Plus one from Turner or Bennett would probably hand in a transfer request if he signed. I hold out hope for Fer though!

I never saw RVW signng for us, or even Surman for that matter (how times change!) but thinking about it, it wouldn''t be the daftest move in the world for him. With the world cup so close, a move to a bigger club would mean a battle for first team football. A move to us, whack a release clause in that mutually benefits both parties, he can have his premiership exposure and all going well, he can then move on for big money after the World Cup!

SpanishCanary wrote - "i feel like those 3 plus toivonen are all mentioned as possibilities for us but just so they can try and engineer bigger moves for themselves. i want players that want to come to NCFC and it doesn''t feel like any of Hooper, Fer, Toivonen and Anderwerield? even really want to come to Carrow Rd."

We only hear what the Agent says, direct quotes from the players are very hard to come by. We just don''t know.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Spanish, it''s the ruthless world of the premiership. These players rightfully so want to play at the highest level. We are seen as an excellent stepping stone now. That is our unique selling point (sorry for the sales term). To attract the best, we have to use this to our advantage, a good year here and a top 10 finish, and RVW, Fer, Toby Alderwhatsit etc will be next seasons Michu''s and Benteke''s. No problems if we have to sell at that point and double/ treble our money.[/quote]

Very well put I can see your thinking. It''s a shame that by stepping up a level in this manner we are going to almost certainly become a selling club once again though. Fortunately/hopefully for astronomical sums of money on our terms, but i really have enjoyed the last 4 years of keeping our best players and cutting off the dead wood each season. sad but yet happy times ahead i guess!

I still think Hooper will end up here. We wouldn''t have THAT much interest in January then suddenly have no interest, especially as we need strikers even more so now.

That combined with Hooper''s price dropping about £2m since January. Also, he''s not actually said he wants to stay at Celtic. There was some rehashed story on Sky Sports about him wanting more Champions League goals etc, but I didn''t buy that as him staying.

He will be here. "Gary Hooper, Norwich''s number 88"

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I still think Hooper will end up here. We wouldn''t have THAT much interest in January then suddenly have no interest, especially as we need strikers even more so now. That combined with Hooper''s price dropping about £2m since January. Also, he''s not actually said he wants to stay at Celtic. There was some rehashed story on Sky Sports about him wanting more Champions League goals etc, but I didn''t buy that as him staying. He will be here. "Gary Hooper, Norwich''s number 88"[/quote]

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/413397/Celtic-reject-4m-bids-from-Norwich-and-QPR-for-striker-Gary-Hooper

emailed sky bet about a few odds regarding Norwich potential signings. This was the reply.

1/2 for Alderwield

Fer 4/11

Olsson 1/6

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Yep, seen Alderwiereld has dropped from 4-1 to that now! Knew i should have whacked a tenner on![/quote]

Olsson looks almost certain to sign judging by the odds

God it''s like organising a party, you get some mates saying stuff like "who''s going?" "will there be many birds?" "I''ll ask so and so if they are going and then will go if they go." I''d imagine some of these dutch lads are good mates and have decided upon the move together. RVW transfer could be a pivotal moment for our club.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]God it''s like organising a party, you get some mates saying stuff like "who''s going?" "will there be many birds?" "I''ll ask so and so if they are going and then will go if they go." I''d imagine some of these dutch lads are good mates and have decided upon the move together. RVW transfer could be a pivotal moment for our club.[/quote]

Also, for Dutch lads playing at Norwich, they will be closer to home than Grant Holt was.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Canary_Mad, fancy getting them odds again? I''ve got a feeling Fer''s might have dropped further![/quote]

Still 4/11