Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

GUESS WHO I SAW IN ASDA?

Chris Hughton.

He was in there for ages, up and down the aisles with his trolley, always going back to the same shelves, scratching his head and going round again.

It was a large trolley too, lots of room in it but only two items. One looked like something he bought before in the January sales so I hope he had a receipt. The other was something unripe from the fresh fruit section.

In the end he went through the two items or less express till where he grabbed an impulse purchase he didn''t really need.

Last seen walking home as he''d sold his car ahead of getting round to buying a replacement.

If RH has the time on a sunny Tuesday afternoon to type that, why doesn''t he instead decide to step outside and enjoy the sun/his life.

Quite amusing really and fairy refreshing compared to "Waaaaaaah Grant" and "I''ve heard from Bald Bob down the pub that ....."

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Chris Hughton.

He was in there for ages, up and down the aisles with his trolley, always going back to the same shelves, scratching his head and going round again.

It was a large trolley too, lots of room in it but only two items. One looked like something he bought before in the January sales so I hope he had a receipt. The other was something unripe from the fresh fruit section.

In the end he went through the two items or less express till where he grabbed an impulse purchase he didn''t really need.

Last seen walking home as he''d sold his car ahead of getting round to buying a replacement.

[/quote]I think the happy ending is that McNally picked him up in his Mercedes, and drove him to Waitrose.

Just seen him in M&S with his shopping list. A quick glance showed that most items had been crossed through with the words "TOO EXPENSIVE", "UNAVAILABLE" or "TRY NEARER CLOSING TIME".

Has spent most of his time at the reduced items section (spoiled goods and items going past their sell-by date).

Also visited the sugar bay, but curiously averse to the cane variety.

As he was looking a little helpless, I ventured that he try the lambo section for a bargain, but he just gave me a dirty look. He''s studiously avoided the pie purveyor on the corner ("tried them before, better in Wigan"), and is now looking over the hoolahoops to see whether they could replace the missing ingredient.

PS. An odd-looking character in fancy dress and brandishing a wand and pointy hat had been berating him that he didn''t know what he was doing, but he''s just been ejected by Security.

I heard he was surrounded by odd looking characters in pink, who kept screaming "HURRY UP!!! IT''S NEARLY CLOSING TIME." They were either pointing at over-priced goods which appeared to have been on the shelf for far too long, or at cheaper stuff in the foreign food section which nobody recognised.