Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

PSV: 'Toinoven must decide by Wednesday'

Well if you are going to take the word of some blogger (who has all of 120 followers on twitter) as gospel then more fool you.

A lot of Norwich fans here and on twitter need to at least try and get a clue.

Players linked with moves seldom ever comment at all, unless it''s with a huge club and they wish to say they are "flattered", or something.

If Toivonen moves here, it''s because he wants to. If he doesn''t, we won''t ever know why not, but no doubt some fools will keep going on about him think he''s better than us.

The constant simplification and lack of empathy with players motivations is ludicrous and really quite child like.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]A lot of Norwich fans here and on twitter need to at least try and get a clue.

Players linked with moves seldom ever comment at all, unless it''s with a huge club and they wish to say they are "flattered", or something.

If Toivonen moves here, it''s because he wants to. If he doesn''t, we won''t ever know why not, but no doubt some fools will keep going on about him think he''s better than us.

The constant simplification and lack of empathy with players motivations is ludicrous and really quite child like.[/quote]

And comes from the commoditisation of players in FM etc. when players became game pieces and not real people, simplification and loss of empathy followed.

Most likely getting him here is conditional on that we get good players in, he obviously want to go to a club where he can play his way and we are trying to get players into the club which suit him and his playing style.

I get a bad feeling about this guy.He''s just not about the football really is he? Kind of seems like he could be quite disruptive, which is one thing if you''re Ibrahimavic but this guy hasn''t ever really stood out of the crowd to me.

I think a little perspective is needed here. It''s not like he''s talking about moving from Chelsea to Tottenham. This move would involve uprooting his family (I assume he has one?) and moving them to another foreign country, it''s understandable that he wants to give it serious consideration.

That being said, a decision does need to be made sooner rather than later so all parties can move on.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

I think a little perspective is needed here. It''s not like he''s talking about moving from Chelsea to Tottenham. This move would involve uprooting his family (I assume he has one?) and moving them to another foreign country, it''s understandable that he wants to give it serious consideration.

That being said, a decision does need to be made sooner rather than later so all parties can move on.

[/quote]He''s had weeks and a deadline to think about it and would then have months to move his family.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]I get a bad feeling about this guy.
He''s just not about the football really is he? Kind of seems like he could be quite disruptive, which is one thing if you''re Ibrahimavic but this guy hasn''t ever really stood out of the crowd to me.
[/quote]

Totally with you YS, he''s trouble with a capital T imo.[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/old-025.gif[/IMG]

@Wiz: Who knows, maybe we already have hence he is back training with them?

I mean the first we heard about this was some weeks ago now. Maybe we have already moved on?

Also just to add, that rough translation is suggesting that he is holding out for better money - who knows about that?

If the Fulham rumour is true then they must be offering substantially more in terms of wages.

Unless I am wrong, the players also receive a cut of their fee, so if he is on less wages with us he will be receiving a bigger lump from the transfer. With Fulham it will be the other way around.

I imagine it may come down to more than that with direct flights from West London a little easier than from here.

In losing patience now. I appreciate that it''s a big decision for him but he''s had plenty of time to think. I think Norwich should enquire after some other targets while Toivonen sorts himself out

I love how Toivonen has become this pantomime villain. As far as I an aware he has only said one thing on the record. And that was that he didn''t know too much about Norwich City because instead of sitting around indoors on a computer (my god he seems not to have his own twitter page, the scoundrel!) and watching football endlessly (trust the pot-smoking Dutch NOT to have a law forcing people to watch satellite TV) he was trying to do what normal people used to do and have a life.

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/278417_toivonen-keert-terug-op-trainingsveld-psv Has come back to training and wants a better offer from us or another club

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/278417_toivonen-keert-terug-op-trainingsveld-psv Has come back to training and wants a better offer from us or another club[/quote]

There is no quote from Toivonen saying that.

Unfortunately this is the inevitable consequence of approaching players of high quality and pedigree. We won''t always have enough to tempt them to sign up.

We, as Norwich fans, need to adjust our expectations now that we are chasing international stars from big European teams rather than big fish in small Championship/League One ponds who are desperate to take their chance in the top league. We won''t always get everyone we want but at least we are fishing in more exotic lagoons.

I still question his ability if only Norwich or PSV are his only options? If he''s as good as some on here appear to think then why has no one else moved in for him?

Not really that fussed if he does or doesn''t sign for us, don''t think it will make or break our season as I''m sure that Hooper will be our next striker signed.

I''m not sure if a player who take so long to decide is really what is required, as we appear to have a hell of a team togetherness, we need players who want to come here, play for the shirt and pride in themselves to do the best they can.

[quote user="Indy"]

I still question his ability if only Norwich or PSV are his only options? If he''s as good as some on here appear to think then why has no one else moved in for him?

Not really that fussed if he does or doesn''t sign for us, don''t think it will make or break our season as I''m sure that Hooper will be our next striker signed.

I''m not sure if a player who take so long to decide is really what is required, as we appear to have a hell of a team togetherness, we need players who want to come here, play for the shirt and pride in themselves to do the best they can.

[/quote]

SPOT ON!

Toivonen played full first half against Eindhoven in friendly and still started second half.

Dutch commentator said few time "Norwich", but as I dont speak dutch I have no idea what he was talking about.

Anyway doesnt look like he would be comming on our way.

I think the commentator thought Toinoven was intelligent, as he had a lot of ''knowledge''

Well if Steve McLaren can cock the Dutch language up..........

Just looking at the website of the Swedish national tabloid Expressen, and in an article covering Olsson''s impending transfer to us it also mentions that "his national teammate Ola Toivonen has also been reported as being on his way to Norwich" ("Landslagskollegan Ola Toivonen har också uppgetts vara på väg till just Norwich").