Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

PSV: 'Toinoven must decide by Wednesday'

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

What does it say?

My work interweb blocks that one...

This URL has a Web security rating that prohibits it from being accessed based on corporate policy. The requested site is either a known or suspected source of malware.

Event Details:

URL:http://thepremierleagueowl.com/norwich-city-making-another-signficant-upgrade/

Content rating rule:Web Reputation - Very Low

[/quote]

Norwich City aren’t taking any risks with the Premier League future, it seems, and they’re apparently poised to make Ola Toivonen their second high-profile signing of the Summer after Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

What jumps out immediately about this transfer, is that Norwich have

again attracted a player who would have been assumed to be beyond them –

it’s hugely encouraging for the club, and it makes a very clear

statement about their intentions.

Quite clearly, this is a not a move to consolidate a league position –

which is something we saw an awful lot of now – but an unmistakable

attempt to improve and to bring a different calibre of player to Carrow

Road.

Toivonen is seen by many as a forward, but in reality he’s probably

best used as an advanced midfielder and you would imagine that Chris

Hughton sees him playing behind van Wolfswinkel, in the position which

Wes Hoolahan occupied for most of 2012/13 – Hoolahan is a very capable

player, but someone of Toivonen’s all-round ability (good with his feet,

physically/aerially a threat, composed in the box, decent from

distance) is a very clear upgrade.

There’s some video below – Norwich’s forward line is already looking in very good shape for the new season.

Cheers Morty!

I''m sure he will be a fantastic addition if he ever signs. I''m glad we''re looking at higher quality, rather than the Villa quanity approach. He''s had his 2 weeks away now, so I would imagine if anything''s going to happen it will be in the next couple of days.

I''m pretty sure the journalist who tweeted Toivonen''s decision to train with the PSV youth rather than our first team has been the source of all news, including our initial interest to begin with.  Because of this I''m 99% sure this one is over, but I would like to be wrong.

Soooooooo....

If PSV start their pre-season on Monday and Toivonen has been given Monday and Tuesday off to talk to us then if he is not interested why will he not be back at PSV on Monday? Unless of course he is spending those days in discussion with someone else....

Thing is, absolutely nothing about this has come from our side - as far as I can recall we as a club haven''t actually admitted an interest with anyone at all this summer. For all we know Toivonen (and others) may have been here for discussions, or maybe he hasn''t even set foot in the count(r)y.

We seem to be going about our business quietly behind the scenes as usual, and will probably only hear for definite about anything a short time before it is announced. All the rest is just guff, we have to sit and wait for news.

Would they, though? McN has been extremely vague on signings on twitter. I don''t doubt there is something in this, there is too much from the PSV/media (as opposed to Fer which doesn''t have the same ''feel''), but the club has said nothing about anything!

if we''re not signing someone mcnally has normally said so one way or another on twitter, either in a reply or just a flat out statement. he has now gone ahead and said we will make signings before wed.

unless of course on monday he comes out and says "We have made a signing before wednesday, I give you, Ricky Van Wolfswinkel"

Hope McNally is right (and if anyone knows it is him!!!). I want at the worst a signing a week through July - ideally 3 or 4 before we head off on tour.

I am fed up with rumours & endless threads about Holt!

I''d not read too much into it - are we ''technically'' not signing RVW and Garrido on Monday? So whatever happens with others the answer is ''yes''. I do imagine we will be trying to get others in before we head off to the States, so the earlier the better - and hopefully next week

"Evil"?! I wasn''t being sarcastic: we sign two players, officially, on Monday - that is a factually correct statement, nothing evil about it!

I think the writer of that has pulled out a previous quote and added his spin. Sorry.

Also that photo may get him a place in the women''s team.

[quote user="Herman "]I think the writer of that has pulled out a previous quote and added his spin. Sorry.

Also that photo may get him a place in the women''s team.[/quote]

Yep, same rehash from a day or two back

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Looks like Fulham are gonna gazump us !    http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=323342[/quote]Not in the slightest.This ''article'' (if you can call it even that), suggests they are willing to offer a better salary but want to pay approx 1.7 million less as a transfer fee, and until PSV accept this lower bid, Fulham can offer him nothing, and I can''t see PSV suddenly agreeing to lose out on close to 2 mil just to line the player''s pockets a tad more...!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="swindoncanary"]Looks like Fulham are gonna gazump us !    http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=323342[/quote]Not in the slightest.This ''article'' (if you can call it even that), suggests they are willing to offer a better salary but want to pay approx 1.7 million less as a transfer fee, and until PSV accept this lower bid, Fulham can offer him nothing, and I can''t see PSV suddenly agreeing to lose out on close to 2 mil just to line the player''s pockets a tad more...![/quote]

The same agent stuff is a worry though. Toivonen may be prepared to sit it out til layering the window on the basis PSV will cut their losses and sell him cheaper if he refuses to join us. Either way we need to try and bring this to a head quickly so we can move on to other players if he''s not up for joining us. I absolutely hate the fact that an utterly tinpot little club like Fulham can outpay us to attract players.

Fulham is just another rumour until they have an offer accepted by PSV. If Toivenon is willing to wait for that it''s up to him. At the moment, his only alternative is staying on at PSV.

One Dutch website claiming Ola will be back at PSV for training on Wednesday and does not want to join Norwich to play with RvW. [:''(] Probably true given he wasn''t exactly gushing about the interest earlier on.

Ola Toivonen keert komende woensdag terug op het trainingsveld van PSV. De aanvallende middenvelder mag nog een maand meetrainen met het eerste elftal.

Na die trainingsmaand is de verwachting dat de Zweed de overstap maakt naar Jong PSV. PSV wil namelijk dat Toivonen zijn contract verlengt óf dat hij deze zomer nog vertrekt. Zo hopen de Eindhovenaren te voorkomen dat de blonde aanvaller transfervrij de deur van het Philips Stadion uitloopt.

Volgens het Eindhovens Dagblad zijn Norwich City en PSV al tot een akkoord gekomen. Het zou gaan om een bedrag van ongeveer 5.5 miljoen euro. Toivonen zelf lijkt een overgang naar de club van Ricky van Wolfswinkel echter niet te zien zitten.

Toivonen speelt inmiddels al vijf seizoenen in Eindhoven. Daarin heeft hij 125 competitiewedstrijden achter zijn naam staan. Met zestig doelpunten beschikt hij over een indrukwekkend doelpuntengemiddelde voor een middenvelder.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]One Dutch website claiming Ola will be back at PSV for training on Wednesday and does not want to join Norwich to play with RvW. [:''(] Probably true given he wasn''t exactly gushing about the interest earlier on.[/quote]If that''s the case then so be it.I''m not interested in a player who''d rather stay in the Dutch league than prove themselves at the top unless they have a good reason such as Maher feeling he''s too young to move abroad at this point.Will be even more amusing if the Fer rumours are true, that both he and RVW are happy to come here as Dutch internationals, but a relatively unknown Swede thinks he''s better than us [:P]