Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

PSV: 'Toinoven must decide by Wednesday'

What has been said is both clubs and the player has accepted terms but now its just down to the player to sign on the dotted line.

[quote user="Nicko"]I think he''s agreed personal terms aswell.[/quote]

That may be true, but no one has said that publicly yet.

[quote user="flying high up in the sky"]His job isn''t to be nice. It''s to score goals and assist others in trying to win football matches. Would welcome him here.[/quote]Joey Barton is a good footballer but certainly isn''t nice. Would you want him here ?

Toivonen has been painted such a bad picture for 30 seconds of highlights!!!

Holt is much worse than that on video yet most fans like him pushing the centre back around? He got barely booked last year and doesn''t deserve the criticism.

Would love to see him here

What a load of hyperbole. I followed that link expecting to see a horrible little chav with anger issues, and all I got was a player who is good at drawing cards out of the opposition, just like Bradley Johnson.

A player who occasionally raises his elbows a bit high in a fifty fifty aerial challenge. Grant Holt does this.

A player who goes down at the slightest of touches. Most attacking players in the Premier League do this.

The only one that made me feel a little uncomfortable was the stamp on the knee. That was Muscat-esque, but could question whether that was accidental or intentional.

Come back when he has put a cigar out in a fifteen year olds eye or battered a team mate in training and I will change my mind.

"A player who goes down at the slightest of touches. Most attacking players in the Premier League do this."

It''s very coincidental that Snoddy always gets fouled on the exact spot that he favours for taking free kicks from.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="flying high up in the sky"]His job isn''t to be nice. It''s to score goals and assist others in trying to win football matches. Would welcome him here.[/quote]Joey Barton is a good footballer but certainly isn''t nice. Would you want him here ?[/quote]Why are you even comparing the two?Toivonen or Toinoven or whoever he is looks a physical player who will make a meal of the odd foul.  I have yet to see evidence he''s been up in court for assault or any other off-field "stuff".It''s not like we''re trying to sign Hannibal Lecter.

Exactly Joanna, although I don''t think he dives - more ''draws the foul'' so to speak.

Holt has done this less since Snodgrass arrived, he assumed Holt''s role as for the three years prior that was Grant''s job.

As for the dramatic falls from being lightly touched, seem to remember Bradley Johnson doing that at Loftus Road :)

I love a cheeky player who bends the rules when they are on our side. Nobody complains if John Ruddy takes 30 seconds to take a goal kick.

Is deeply unfair to liken him to Joey Barton. Out of the 10 incidents the only one that I would be genuinely ASHAMED to see from a player in a yellow shirt was the stamp on the knee, didn''t like that, but looks like an isolated incident to me and possibly even an accident.

This is all rather silly and over blown.

The stamp or whatever is one incident in the career of a 26 year old.

Comparisons to Joey Barton are rash and silly. Barton has a gob on him and a real attitude problem, one that has resulted in him moving clubs on more than one occasion. Simply for being too much of a disruption to the team if anything else.

Comparisons to Suarez are rash and silly too. Has Toivonen ever bitten an opponent? Has he done it twice? Does he struggle to curb his behaviour, manages to get the support of his fans only to demand a move away - not once but twice? Nope.

What I suggest is that Toivonen is perhaps a little bit more like a Craig Bellamy. He has certainly got attitude, but not of the type that ends in the destruction created by Barton or Suarez esque players. Perhaps also a little more like Holt who has admitted to enjoying winding up opposition crowds.

It''s part of football. Perhaps people that haven''t played don''t realise this but there are all sorts of little tricks. Defenders standing on the toes of an attacker at a set piece to stop them jumping to meet it. A little nudge off the ball to knock a player off stride away from play to slow them a little to a through ball etc. These all happen in games through the leagues all of the time, all you need to do is look.

Sometimes they are more obvious and look worse for it. But under any of the managers I have played for, if you take the one of him pushing the defender over - you''d be crucified as a defender for that. You stand your ground, if a chap pushes you, you stand up to him you certainly don''t go down that easily and stick your hands up looking for a free kick. If you can get pushed about that easily as a defender then corners are going to be a nightmare.

"The stamp or whatever is one incident in the career of a 26 year old"

I''m pretty much on the same wavelength as you, other than with respect of the stamp. That could have ended the other players career, it would have been ''just one little incident'' or whatever to the other man. A bit like saying Shaun Wright-Phillips challenge on Dean Ashton is just one incident.... was a big one for Ashton.

Please, please moderators delete this whole thread.

Al this in-depth discussion and neo-philosophising based upon a few YouTube clips and all following on from the previous character assassination of the player because he said he knew little of Norwich City and preferred not to play in a team that resorted to long balls.

God forbid! I''m a fan, get me out of here.  

We haven''t even got his signature yet, but should we then I will be a happy bunny.

Last year was the first season that Holt was not sent off for us - admittedly one of those was the wrongful dismissal against Reading. Some seem to be forgetting the horrendous challenge that got him sent off against Brentford in his 1st season or the senseless second yellow against Wolves. Take into account who easy Holt goes down sometimes - particularly the Championship season where he drew red cards at least twice (QPR & Ipswich) when running through on goal and he was barely touched by the opposition centre half. It is all part of the package that you get with Holt and it seems Toivonen may be cut from similar cloth. Hopefully he will come and add to a long line of such players - Fleck, Bellamy and to an extent Iwan were all this type of player and all our huge heroes at this club.

It would be good if we can get this signing done and dusted - bout time we had another signing in the bag!

@football_oranje: Ola Toivonen will not move to Norwich City, he will be at PSV training on Wednesday (via @RikElfrink ) #ncfc

Rik Elfrink is the PSV reporter, so pretty reliable I would say

Fine - seems a decent enough player and I''d be happy enough if we sign him, but if he doesn''t want to come it is most certainly his loss not ours.

I hope access to this Forum hasn''t put the player off because there has been some absolute nonsense posted about him.

Its not that difficult to Google after all.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]What a load of hyperbole. I followed that link expecting to see a horrible little chav with anger issues, and all I got was a player who is good at drawing cards out of the opposition, just like Bradley Johnson. A player who occasionally raises his elbows a bit high in a fifty fifty aerial challenge. Grant Holt does this. A player who goes down at the slightest of touches. Most attacking players in the Premier League do this. The only one that made me feel a little uncomfortable was the stamp on the knee. That was Muscat-esque, but could question whether that was accidental or intentional. Come back when he has put a cigar out in a fifteen year olds eye or battered a team mate in training and I will change my mind.[/quote]

Well expressed - I''m right with you TheNewBoy...

Rik Elfrink doesn''t seem that reliable considering 12 minutes later, he says along the lines that Toivonen isn''t actually certain if he will go back to PSV.

The dangers of trusting too much in Twitter rumours. If Rik Elfrink is a ''PSV reporter'' it may just be that he wants Toivenon to stay at PSV. It''s not exactly asif there''s a quote from the player himself. And then you have the fact that it''s being translated. Let''s just wait and see what happens next week. I''d like Toivenon to come, but at 26 it''s a critical decision for him.

I presume that the Dutch local journos are as reliable as ours. When was the last time you heard any good info from the pinkun website that you had not heard previously from the Nationals, twitter or canaries.co.uk?

What does it say?

My work interweb blocks that one...

This URL has a Web security rating that prohibits it from being accessed based on corporate policy. The requested site is either a known or suspected source of malware.

Event Details:

URL:http://thepremierleagueowl.com/norwich-city-making-another-signficant-upgrade/

Content rating rule:Web Reputation - Very Low