Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

If Holt goes we will get relegated?

We will have no proven Prem goalscorer so our chances of relegation will no doubt be increased. We should not sell until we have an adequate replacement. We are complacent IMO.

We are not a big enough club yet to dispense with the services a hero like Holt can offer.

Devastated about this.

We may well regret this big time IMO.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Stuart Jarrold"]Club Legend? Oh Dear. Not for me im afraid. The ''Legend'' tag gets thrown round all to easily these days. When I see some of the players in the ''Hall Of Fame''. Its laughable[/quote]

Among City fans I think he''s generally viewed as a legend.

[/quote]I see what you did there ICF [;)]

[quote user="paul moy"]We will have no proven Prem goalscorer so our chances of relegation will no doubt be increased. We should not sell until we have an adequate replacement. We are complacent IMO. [/quote]''kin hell! I actually agree with Paul Moy!

[:D]

Why dont people save this cack for the start of the season.

By then we will know the ins and outs and then decide if we''ve dropped a clanger by letting him go (assuming he does actually go)

The op is a total joke.

[quote user="Stuart Jarrold"]Club Legend? Oh Dear. Not for me im afraid. The ''Legend'' tag gets thrown round all to easily these days. When I see some of the players in the ''Hall Of Fame''. Its laughable[/quote]

This post is laughable!

I reckon if you stripped the hall of fame down to eleven players Holty would be amongst them. And rightfully so!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This post is laughable!

I reckon if you stripped the hall of fame down to eleven players Holty would be amongst them. And rightfully so!

[/quote]
And I think Gunn''s rep will be healed.  Let''s face it, Gunn signing him was a foundation block for Lambert''s success.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This post is laughable!

[/quote]
Stuart Jarrold is a very well known Ipswich fan, so I wouldn''t bother giving him a rise. Give him a Google.

Relegated without him?

I think if holt led our. Front line we would be relegated, his demise last season was dramatic, yes we can go on about tactics. But he scored 5 goals before the run in.

If we had him leading our line I would be worried. We now have an exceptional threat, a threat upfront. Rvw will be feared by opposition fans and premiership players will not be aware of his skills, unlike holt. Rvw is going to lead and score goals.

I do also think we were going to bring in another striker for second choice with holty down the pecking order on big bucks. So for me it is fine, we will get that second striker we now look at a third which I hope is hooper and then we have a four ready to light up the league for not just this season but for a few.

It is the right piece of business. In any case I think this is more to do with him than the club, I think he has wanted to go, remember if he didn''t want to go loved Ncfc, the fans, the set up etc he would stay, ala lappin or hux. I think you will find that he will jump at was is a good proposition, but I would agree with most Wigan fans in their dull reaction to this signing, stats are good, but they will be looking thinking how much are we going to get out of him, a season? Maybe less. Fortune has been signed and will certainly help holty and they look for a third striker. But how much will they get out of him over the course of his contract.

Has anyone seen a single source from either club confirming this story other than sky sources?....

Has Holty travelled with the squad to Austria?

Not just because holt leaves no.  Dont be ridiculous.

Good move for all concerned - good luck grant.  and thank you for 4 truly amazing seasons

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We are not a big enough club yet to dispense with the services a hero like Holt can offer.

Devastated about this.

We may well regret this big time IMO.[/quote]

Sort of agree though would replace tthe word big with established.

The club will never be to big for grant holt

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

This post is laughable!

[/quote]
Stuart Jarrold is a very well known Ipswich fan, so I wouldn''t bother giving him a rise. Give him a Google.
[/quote]

Oh dear, because I have slated Holt im deemed an Ipswich Fan. I dont think Holt would even make the top 20 of a NCFC hall of Fame IMO.

[quote user="Stuart Jarrold"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

This post is laughable!

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh dear, because I have slated Holt im deemed an Ipswich Fan. I dont think Holt would even make the top 20 of a NCFC hall of Fame IMO.[/quote]
No, you are deemed an Ipswich fan because you are an Ipswich fan. How else would you explain this? http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/22111/stuart-jarrold-on-lifes-a-pitch 

Jeeez, give it a rest. I don''t need to justify myself to you, but I will as your persistence is getting boring

I have supported Norwich for over 33 years, went various seasons without missing a game. My first game was Norwich 3 Liverpool 5 when I was 6. Kevin Keelans last game if I remember correctly but more remembered for the Fashanu Goal.

I have visited close to 70 grounds watching Norwich some which are not even there anymore. Roker Park, Baseball Ground, Plough Lane. Highfield Road to name a few.

My views are my views only and as mentioned in the original post. I dont think Holt would even get into the top 20 of ''Legends'' at carrow road. As I said its an opinion and not because Im an ITFC fan

Whatever team you support,you are still talking nonsense.Holty IS a club legend and would easily get in the top 20. Probably top 10 for a large chunk of fans.

Don''t have the longevity of many posters on here - been going regularly for 40 years this season - hard pushed to think of many more influential players as Holt over that period - certainly in my top 10, probably my top 5.

He would certainly make my starting 11

Not that it matters, ive been a city fan since august 1981, named my first born Iwan after the big man himself and am hard pressed to think of a better no.9 in my 32 years.

Wouldnt make your top 20, would love to see your list then. Please indulge us......