Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

If Holt goes we will get relegated?

I don''t think so, strikers who come in will almost certainly be as good, if not better footballers. Loss of such a big influence could certainly pose a problem, but I don''t think we''d go down

Of course it''s a possibility, but we''ll only find out at the end of the upcoming season. Meanwhile why not enjoy the competition - and hopefully entertainment - isn''t that after all the point?

Err?........maybe, but of course it would depend on who came in,  but imo, Holts departure its not going to arise.

If we get relegated without him we would have got relegated with him. Not the deciding factor.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]no.. we wont.. in 12 months time we will be saying "Grant who?"
[/quote]

He''s a club legend. Why would we be saying "Grant who?".
[/quote]

Exactly![Y]

Maybe not but his damn the torpedos full steam ahead gutsiness will be missed when we''re up to our necks in intimidating high priced talent against teams other sides looked nervous against.

[quote user="Wiz"]Err?........maybe, but of course it would depend on who came in,  but imo, Holts departure its not going to arise.[/quote]
I''ve noticed several posts from you being critical of anybody who thinks either one of Ruddy or Holt will leave. You are going to look a bit silly if they both leave, aren''t you? 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Wiz"]Err?........maybe, but of course it would depend on who came in,  but imo, Holts departure its not going to arise.[/quote]

I''ve noticed several posts from you being critical of anybody who thinks either one of Ruddy or Holt will leave. You are going to look a bit silly if they both leave, aren''t you? 

[/quote]

Yes, I will New Boy, but I tend to believe our manager and CEO above ''Sky Sources'' everytime.............so I''ll take the risk.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Wiz"]Err?........maybe, but of course it would depend on who came in,  but imo, Holts departure its not going to arise.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I will New Boy, but I tend to believe our manager and CEO above ''Sky Sources'' everytime.............so I''ll take the risk.

[/quote]Dave Whelan is yet to say anything. HE ALWAYS says something about transfers before they occur. That''s why I don''t believe it yet.

If Holt goes it''s because he''s been told he''s surplus to requirements and wouldn''t play much anyway, so no we won''t. It''s a bit silly to suggest the absence of one player, over the brow of the hill in terms of performance, could cost us relegation.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Wiz"]Err?........maybe, but of course it would depend on who came in,  but imo, Holts departure its not going to arise.[/quote]
[/quote]No - he will use their leaving to suggest Hughton and McNally are liars.The whole "I believe Hughton & McNally, and not Sky Sources" is a false dichotomy set up to propogate this troll''s endless war on the club he "supports".  Unfortunately, it''s been so obviously constructed that anyone with half a brain can see it for what it is.

If Holt is so f***** essential then why is he going to a Championship club?Time to stop wetting your pants and move on.

This seems to be a huge over reaction. Holt is 32 so getting the reported fee is a good bit of business. The club wouldn''t be selling him if he was the pinnacle in deciding if the club stayed in the premier league, and that is a fact. There are thousands of footballers around the world who we could bring in and do the same job.

Grant Holt will go down in the history books at Carrow Road, however he is not the future of the club.

Club Legend? Oh Dear.

Not for me im afraid. The ''Legend'' tag gets thrown round all to easily these days. When I see some of the players in the ''Hall Of Fame''. Its laughable

[quote user="Stuart Jarrold"]Club Legend? Oh Dear. Not for me im afraid. The ''Legend'' tag gets thrown round all to easily these days. When I see some of the players in the ''Hall Of Fame''. Its laughable[/quote]

Among City fans I think he''s generally viewed as a legend.

[quote user="Stuart Jarrold"]Club Legend? Oh Dear.

Not for me im afraid. The ''Legend'' tag gets thrown round all to easily these days. When I see some of the players in the ''Hall Of Fame''. Its laughable[/quote]Four seasons.  78 goals.  Numerous assists.  Captained the side to successive promotions and ultimately our highest league finish since 1993. Without any of this we would still be scrabbling around in League One looking forward to trips to Crawley and Stevenage.  And he''s not a legend because...?

Who was our leading scorer (again) last season?[:^)]

If the disastrous and unthinkable does happen, I don''t think Martin will be captain.  Assuming Ruddy stays it will be between Ruddy and Bassong and possibly Turner for captain.

I''m quite simply staggered at how many people on here are so blasé at the prospect of Holt leaving.

All that''s left now is for some moron to come out with, "if Wigan offer £2m, bite their hand off and I''ll drive him there myself!"

Some people''s short sightedness beggars belief.

There are no guarantees RVW will be prolific, he didn''t score loads of league goals last season and I seem to recall he seemed to get most of them towards the end of the season in 2''s & 3''s.  How did RVW do against the better teams last season?

Hooper is no Holt and will soon be labelled as lazy by the Morison Brigade, should he sign.

[quote user="ref89"]If Holt is so f***** essential then why is he going to a Championship club?Time to stop wetting your pants and move on.[/quote]
He''s going to a Championship club who are playing in Europe next season.