Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

2nd worst ground in prem

http://www.givemesport.com/358218-premier-league-five-worst-grounds

That''s a bit bloody harsh aint it, which numpty wrote that?!

Don''t be so touchy - probably not far wrong. That horrible hotel in the corner & the stand that prompts regular threads on adding a tier to increase capacity.

Given it appears to be judged on aesthetics it''s not far off being the worst, there is a Holiday Inn taking up one corner after all.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]How did loftus rd not feature?

Obviously hadn''t read other articles where fans apparently love their away trips![/quote]Because they aren''t in the PL next season?I think it''s a bit harsh on both us and WBA to be honest.  Also they seem to go into detail as to why other grounds are included but ours has a sentence, bizarre.

It''s true, but it isn''t about the people.

Awful goal post stand ends with restricted views and a poor use of space, each should have had a larger capacity.

Pathetic size main stand in all respects.

One excellent stand and corner section.

Rear end of a budget hotel and overall a total lack of capacity for the fan base.

Oh! And a crap PA and floodlighting.

But.....it is a stroll from the City centre and feels part of the City.

I''ve just found a picture of how it affects you when you are a season ticket holder at Selhurst Park...

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/30ljhb6.jpg[/IMG]

On a similar subject, our home kit, moaned about by many a Norwich fan for this season was listed as one of the best on a recent yahoo article.

Goodison Park, Craven Cottage, Selhurst Park, Anfield, The Britannia. My worst 5 in no particular order.

I think it''s harsh for the author to comment on the colour scheme, it''s better than the generic red/blue/black/white combination of most grounds. Boring hell!

A very uninspiring stadium, with a small capacity, an appalling colour scheme and incredibly mismatched stands, Norwich is fortunate not to be at the top of this list.

Small capacity - ok

Appalling colour scheme - you mean the club colours

Incredibly mismatched stands - that would be the almost identical river and Barclay end then!

I''d doubt the author has ever been to carrow road