Sign in to follow this  
CanaryDodge84

Holty 9th minute appreciation v Everton (H) 17th August

Sorry Jamie. That type of thing should be reserved for players who have died or retired through serious injury or illness like Petrov.

I think it''s best to pay tribute in other ways. The man deserves something. But not your suggestion. Sorry.

So you should only pay respects to a past legend only in awful circumstances such as illness or death? We don''t ever do this sort of thing for any past player. But with the way football now is, players like Grant Holt and the story behind him.....where hes come from on his football journey, ending up at Norwich when we were in an utter mess as a club with no direction and no players to worship or bring us hope. We had just been relegated with a team of hopeless players who didn''t care and more loans than Wonga!

I said previously that it is a team game and its every factor of the football club that makes it a success or a failure but Grant Holt has been inspirational in our rise back to the Prem. His character, desire, hunger, belief.........Belief in himself to step up to a new level and repeatadley prove all doubters wrong! Everybody is entitled to their opinion but Grant Holt is a one off player who has helped the club in a pivitoal time in its history. We could have easily slipped the other way while in League 1 but thanks to players such as Holty (especially Holty) we went the other direction thankfully. Why would you not afford this man the chance to sit down and watch MOTD on the weekend after Everton game and see the appreciation from us Norwich fans - Thankfully while in good health and still alive!? He did more than enough to justify us supporters giving him a minutes worth of noise for him and for all you miserable gits, it would also be fun and good to see and hear on the first day of the season! Loosen up because this is not a frequent event and without Grant Holt there wouldn''t be a RVW or any other big-money signing. Give the guy the respect he deserves in the place he deserves it infront of the 27,000 fans hes entertained and brought smiles too the last 4 seasons. Seriously.......some supporters absoloutley baffle me! Yes its wonderful the club is moving forward and of course we will all get behind new players but never forget the brilliance, hard-work and amazing memories that other players have also brought us! Its a minutes worth of noise for one of the best players our football club has ever seen! Why would you not participate!? Unless a tweet on twitter saying thanks is all the time he''s worth!?

Is it just me who thinks this whole Holt business is WAAAY over the top.

We have always sold our star players and we still survive as a club.

Yes he has had a massive impact on this club over the past 4 years, but time to move on and look forward to the new faces coming in.

I get the feeling this is the younger fans who haven''t really had a hero except Holt over the past few years. (That''s not a criticism BTW).

Holt is as much a hero for us as Ricky Lambert is for Saints, perhaps even more so given our lack of previous heroes recently since Iwan, Hucks and Malkay.

The 9th minute thing is a bit morbid, but perhaps something in the stadium should be named after him.

We could try for something new and unique like a big digital montage of him outside the ground showing his best goals? Any ideas?

Or we could just move on and stop being so bloody needy ffs… accept that he was great while he was with us (in the same way that many, many more have been before and will be after) but that he has left now and another chapter has opened in our LONG history.He''s a footballer not a martyr. He''s not dead and he''s moved on at a time that has been beneficial to all parties.

What would be the point ? GH won''t be there to hear it , the city players won''t want to hear it especially the strikers so it''s a no from me , lets just get behind the players on the pitch

dearie dear mehow ar se cringingly embarrassing can we get ?this kind of maudlin sh ite seems to obsess the younger generationany sense of perspective seems to have gone clean out of the windowhe has left the clubhe did well and was paid wellthat''s it

[quote user="City1st"]dearie dear mehow ar se cringingly embarrassing can we get ?this kind of maudlin sh ite seems to obsess the younger generationany sense of perspective seems to have gone clean out of the windowhe has left the clubhe did well and was paid wellthat''s it

[/quote]Sadly it appears to be a Sky Sports generation thing and not just restricted to us. Rupert The Hacker has changed peoples'' perspectives forever and now lads that were once just normal blokes that had a decent ability to play football have been hyped up to almost deity levels.They can''t help themselves, its brain-washing… the older ones though… they should know better. Much better.

[quote user="City1st"]dearie dear mehow ar se cringingly embarrassing can we get ?this kind of maudlin sh ite seems to obsess the younger generationany sense of perspective seems to have gone clean out of the windowhe has left the clubhe did well and was paid wellthat''s it

[/quote]
I''m not afraid to say you''re right when imo you are. 
Cringeworthy of the highest order.  Holt''s moved on to another club. Not shuffled off this mortal coil in some freak pie eating competition.

do keep up, your lordshiphttp://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2945605/ShowPost.aspx"the club are expected to formally rename the Barclay, the Holt End at the Everton game"

God i hate this sort of thing. Pathetic guff. But i guess it''s the fashionable thing to do for those with no original ideas. Even the petrov thing got massively cringe worthy after Villa fans decided to do it at every home game. Holt has gone. Now move on and stop being so bloody wet.

Why not just go to Portman Road on 15th March and support him there against Ipswich?

I''m sure there will be plenty of away tickets availabnle although it may look a bit strange all those yellow shirts in the Wigan end!

I like the idea, count me in. Don''t really see a problem with it, if we can still sing the Huckerby 12 days of Christmas then what''s wrong with this? It''s a simple way of saying thank you and we move on and continue supporting our current team.

a spontaneous singing of Holt''s name etc is one thingbut a timed and choreographed event is frankly embarrassing synchronised stupidity

Why not ask the ref to stop the game for a minute?  It''ll be for the best, because why hell would fans would want to support what could be our best team assembled for years. When they could cheer a player 100s of miles away in Bournemouth playing for another team.
FFS some of c***s are embarrassing. 

yep, a minutes worth of over exciting squeaking from the Barclay is certainly going to ''build the atmosphere''

[quote user="TheRock"]Brilliant idea. It will help on the day to build atmosphere. WFLGH[/quote]
If fans need help building an atmosphere on the first day of the PL season.  With new multi-million pound players in the team.  Then there''s something seriously wrong, if there''s a need to metaphorically publicly masturbate over a player who at that moment in time be playing for another team.

Absoloutley absurd some of the negative and derogative responsesbon here from some "supporters"!. Its a fun thing to do.......Only for a minute! Thats it! We as supporters get massively excited when a player signs (at this point he has offered the club nothing) but we are not willing to give a minute out of the morgue that has been Carrow Road recently to show some appreciation for the great times, smiles, stories and memories this great player brought to our club!? I couldn''t care less if this is done or not now to be honest!? It was an idea........and although there has been sone positive feed-back the doom-mongers and miserable gits amongst our match day "support" have just shown that any kind of fun is being taken out of football! Your the same supporters who:-

1) moan when a fan around you swears/sings

2) moan if another fan has to find their way down the aisle to go to the loo during the game and have to carefully pass by your stratigically positioned flask, book and bag full of snacks

3) moan about the clappers the club provides

4) have to find a scape-goat player to whinge at

5) moan about goal music

6) moan about the pa system being too loud

7) moan about the "kick it off" prior to the match

8) moan if the fan infront of you stands for more than 3 seconds

9) Will leave the game early to ensure you miss the traffic

10) Give fans "that look" or grumble when they try to start a song/chant off - never singing yourself etc etc etc.......

I could go on and on......basically you are boring and if i had my way there wouldn''t be a place for you at Carrow Road as the club doesn''t need you there!

How can you honestly be so narrow-minded to not want to do something constructive to show our appreciation for Holtys services to NCFC!? Do you not realise he is one of the most iconic players the club has ever had!? Who cares what he got paid? I give up......you so called fans alwaya whinging makes me wick! Pathetic! Become more easy going instead of boring, mundane and always worrying about "what others think?" I feel sad for you that you cant allow a small gesture auch as this happen. Would be so respectful and so fitting!!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="City1st"]dearie dear mehow ar se cringingly embarrassing can we get ?this kind of maudlin sh ite seems to obsess the younger generationany sense of perspective seems to have gone clean out of the windowhe has left the clubhe did well and was paid wellthat''s it

[/quote]Sadly it appears to be a Sky Sports generation thing and not just restricted to us. Rupert The Hacker has changed peoples'' perspectives forever and now lads that were once just normal blokes that had a decent ability to play football have been hyped up to almost deity levels.They can''t help themselves, its brain-washing… the older ones though… they should know better. Much better.[/quote]

Andy, I am happy to blame Rupe for all sorts of ills, but this is not limited to football, or the young. Remember how a large part of the country lost its collective marbles over Diana, in an orgy of self-imposed supposed suffering, latching on to a tragedy that had absolutely nothing to do with them?The angst over Holt, although often over the top, is not, of course, to be seriously compared with that embarrassing period of madness. It is just that both showed, as you put it, a lack of perspective.

"I couldn''t care less if this is done or not now to be honest" ......................... really ?"I could go on and on............................................................... and boy does he ever"you so called fans alwaya whinging ..............................suggest you look up the word irony (ask your teacher)makes me wick! ......... dear me, our club hasn''t half attracted some numpties in the past couple of seasons or so

We should retire the no 9 shirt, sing on the ninth minute for every game we ever play, give him the keys to the city, build him a statue, name a stand after him, rename OTBC ''On the ball holty'' and change the club badge to Holt standing on a ball.

Only then will I be satisfied.

[quote user="CanaryDodge84"]Absoloutley absurd some of the negative and derogative responsesbon here from some "supporters"!. Its a fun thing to do.......Only for a minute! Thats it! We as supporters get massively excited when a player signs (at this point he has offered the club nothing) but we are not willing to give a minute out of the morgue that has been Carrow Road recently to show some appreciation for the great times, smiles, stories and memories this great player brought to our club!? I couldn''t care less if this is done or not now to be honest!? It was an idea........and although there has been sone positive feed-back the doom-mongers and miserable gits amongst our match day "support" have just shown that any kind of fun is being taken out of football! Your the same supporters who:-

1) moan when a fan around you swears/sings

2) moan if another fan has to find their way down the aisle to go to the loo during the game and have to carefully pass by your stratigically positioned flask, book and bag full of snacks

3) moan about the clappers the club provides

4) have to find a scape-goat player to whinge at

5) moan about goal music

6) moan about the pa system being too loud

7) moan about the "kick it off" prior to the match

8) moan if the fan infront of you stands for more than 3 seconds

9) Will leave the game early to ensure you miss the traffic

10) Give fans "that look" or grumble when they try to start a song/chant off - never singing yourself etc etc etc.......

I could go on and on......basically you are boring and if i had my way there wouldn''t be a place for you at Carrow Road as the club doesn''t need you there!

How can you honestly be so narrow-minded to not want to do something constructive to show our appreciation for Holtys services to NCFC!? Do you not realise he is one of the most iconic players the club has ever had!? Who cares what he got paid? I give up......you so called fans alwaya whinging makes me wick! Pathetic! Become more easy going instead of boring, mundane and always worrying about "what others think?" I feel sad for you that you cant allow a small gesture auch as this happen. Would be so respectful and so fitting!![/quote]
Trust me it''s nothing to do with moaning, it''s just a really s**t idea.
Have you seen ''The Apprentice''?  It''s similar to an episode of that. When somebody has an idea and the rest run with it thinking it''s a good idea.  But it turns out to be s**t.  If CanaryDodge84 was a team captain, you''d be fired.