Sign in to follow this  
CanaryDodge84

Holty 9th minute appreciation v Everton (H) 17th August

Hi All,

My names Jamie, sit in the Barclay and have had a season ticket for many a year now.  There have only been a few players in my time of supporting the club that i have really felt sad when they have left the club for what ever reason - (Eadie, Hucks, Iwan, Malky and now Holty).

As we haven''t had the chance to say a proper farewell to the Big Number.9 himself and to show our respect, appreciation and thanks for everything he did in the Green and Yellow of NCFC i think it would be fitting if we had the WHOLE of Carrow Road chanting and singing Grant Holt songs when the clock ticks over to the 9th Minute in the first home game against Everton.

We could start with "We ******* Love Grant Holt" as this was the first song we sang for the big man and then "He scored 3 goals against the scum" and take it from there....................

What are your thoughts guys?

Cheers,

Jamie Ward

I''m with you!! That''s the least he deserves for what he has done for us over the past 4 years.

[quote user="CanaryDodge84"]

Hi All,

My names Jamie, sit in the Barclay and have had a season ticket for many a year now.  There have only been a few players in my time of supporting the club that i have really felt sad when they have left the club for what ever reason - (Eadie, Hucks, Iwan, Malky and now Holty).

As we haven''t had the chance to say a proper farewell to the Big Number.9 himself and to show our respect, appreciation and thanks for everything he did in the Green and Yellow of NCFC i think it would be fitting if we had the WHOLE of Carrow Road chanting and singing Grant Holt songs when the clock ticks over to the 9th Minute in the first home game against Everton.

We could start with "We ******* Love Grant Holt" as this was the first song we sang for the big man and then "He scored 3 goals against the scum" and take it from there....................

What are your thoughts guys?

Cheers,

Jamie Ward

[/quote]

The whole crowd wont [;)]

Great idea, I will be singing my heart out with appreciation

for the great man, I’m sure Grant will be left devastated were he to find out bananaman

didn’t join in!!  

I wasn''t keen at first, but now I''ve seen Banana wouldn''t like it, let''s go for it. Loud enough so that Nana can hear it at Portman Road.

I''m out. First game of the season, time to support our new players not focus on the old, however missed he will be. We have got Ricky Van Wolfswinkel and Nathan Redmond to get excited about. 

Holt has moved to another club. Holt has not died. Of course it''s sad when our ''heroes'' move on, but it''s part of football. As nice a gesture as it would be, I don''t think it''s appropriate. Reminds me slightly of someone on the offy site back in the day who suggested we retire the no.9 shirt when Iwan left. Grant is moving on. The club is moving forwards. We should do the same.

I''m sure however that if there happens to be a mutually convenient opportunity, Holt will be a guest at Carrow Road for a game this season where he can receive thanks from the crowd away from game time.

I don''t think that you should have to wait until someone dies or nearly dies before you show your appreciation for them.

As far as I know, there is nothing else planned for the 9th minute of that game, that will last as long in the memory as saluting a major figure in the clubs recent history.

IMHO - great idea.

It''s a lovely idea, it really is.

But I just feel there is other ways to show our appreciation.

We will need to get behind the current players as much as possible, Grant Holt has moved on, it''s time for the fans too as well

Miserable gits, whats wrong with making a bit of noise? Its not like anyone is directly saying "All you new players will never be as good as Grant Holt" is it?

Whatever it is WE MUST DO SOMETHING.

It was shameful the way Hux left, & I don''t want it happening again.

Isn''t there a fan''s organisation that could make a presentation to him? I''d certainly like to donate towards it if it could happen.

WFLGH!!

I sit in the N&P and I know 99% of them won''t sing, not even to show appreciation for one of the most significant players in recent years.  But I will definitely join in,  think it''s a fantastic idea.  OTBC

I am a miserable git, yes. But then Grant Holt''s had been a miserable git since last summer.

Maybe on the 9th minute the whole crowd could puff out their chests, hold their arms out and look nonchalant as per Holt''s recent goal celebrations instead? Would be well apt.

[quote user="morty"]Miserable gits, whats wrong with making a bit of noise? Its not like anyone is directly saying "All you new players will never be as good as Grant Holt" is it?[/quote]

agree with Morty 100%! Some people realy do over think these things. show some appreciation, these are paid professionals, i highly doubt RVW will even notice as he''ll be so pumped only 9 minutes into his debut!!

Glad the majority think this would be a good idea.  To those posters who have stated it inappropiate because of Stan''s illness at Villa or when a player passes away or it not being deemed suitable during "playing time" and how we should be "getting behind the new lads".........It''s upto the supporters to deem what ever they seem satisfactory to show appreciation for what they have done for your club.

A minutes worth of songs for Holty is not  based on 4 years of awesome performances, important and stunning goals, running his bum off for the team and us supporters, 3 goals against Ipswich (alone this is worthy of a minutes worth of appreciation), basically playing as big-a-part than anybody in dragging our club from the depths of League 1 to where we are now in the Premier League.  If it wasn''t for the likes of Grant Holt (i''m aware every player, manager and coach has played their part in our rise) then we wouldn''t be where we are right now.  Go back 4 years and lets say we had a bit of money and went and signed an expensive name striker such as a certain Michael Chopra instead of a £400,000 Grant Holt....I wonder where the club would be?  You simply can not underestimate the value this man has brought to the club over the last 4 years, in performances, goals and being the perfect captain and leading by example for everybody else to follow.

It''s a bit of fun, it will be good to raise the roof in dedication to the big man and i feel it would not hurt us Norwich fans to give him a minutes worth of songs/chants for 4 years of amazing memories which will stay with us Norwich supporters forever.

As for the argument for not singing for Holty for a minute...........Why not?  Whats it going to be replaced with instead?  Silence? Grumbles? Whinging and moaning?  Nah, not for me........hope we get this appreciation minute going! 

Hope this happens as it''s the least he deserves.

And because we didn''t have the chance to see him off at a game, this is a good way to do it.It also draws a line under it, out with the old and in with the new kind of thing.Anything that gets Carrow road off their seats and singing gets my vote[Y]

Bad idea. He''s gone. Get over it.

Or are we going to have a zillion GH posts next season the way we did with Lambert to Villa?

Excellent.  I will get in touch with Rob Butler and se if he can raise the profile of this in his show and prior to the match on the day. 

And..............It can surely only help to raise the atmosphere on the day?  Every Norwich fan that can, should be withstanding and singing their heart out for Mr Holt come the 9th minute. 

Really glad the majority are up for this, but there really are some numpties on this message board too isn''t there?  I''m going to ignore them as i very much doubt they would have been doing anything better in the 9th minute!  Unless RVW sticks one in the back of the net of course! ;-)

And even if Everton score in teh 9th minute, i reckon there''s no better way to ignore the fact they have and get behind the team than to start this off and as soon as the Holt songs have finished blast out a massive rendition of OTBC! :-)

Nope, all too maudlin for me. Give it a few more years and fans will have to start clapping from the 1st minute and continue without pause until the end of the game. All getting a bit silly.

Nice sentiment. But it''s more important to sing for the Wolf and co. And it''d be a bit disrespectful and unfair on the Wolf too.

Send Holty a ''thank you'' on twitter instead.

Still a nice idea though. Totally agree with the sentiment.

Will be too busy cheering RVW,s first goal for club in the ninth minute. A new hero for the fans to worship. Holt was fantastic for Norwich but would we still be singing his name if he had pushed his transfer request through last year, I doubt it. Before we know it we will spend ninety minutes chanting our old heroes instead of our new ones. For me , let it go. He knows and we know what he did for Norwich. That should be enough