Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Norwich strikers......not one Premier League goal between them.

After Holt''s exit yesterday someone said to me that while we''re entering our third consecutive season in the Premier League we could be in the bizarre position when kicking off against Everton in having a set of forwards with not one Premier League goal between them.With RVW yet to start, Becchio yet to score and possibly Hooper and/or a foreign player or two with no top division experience to come it could well happen.Hope that doesn''t last too long......

Barcelona strikers......not one Premier League goal between them.
And they have the cheek to call themselves a football team! Ludicrous! 

And I bet Swansea are very worried that their new striker Wilfried Bony is yet to score in the premier league....oh wait, hasn''t kicked off yet. Whilst I get your point that we don''t have any established strikers in the squad at the moment, that doesn''t necessarily mean a lot. Besides a player who scored goals last season may not do a lot the next "cough" Kone "cough". So no need to be so concerned because we have no "prem" strikers. they wouldn''t have been signed if they couldnt offer something.

How many Premier League goals did Holty and Morison have between them when we kicked off at Wigan in 2011?

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/448665548_b4537c7c0d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/448665548_b4537c7c0d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I see your point, it may take time for these guys to adjust, Becchio and Hooper have both scored well at Championship level though, and so if Hooper came, i think we''d have enough experience. Add to that 1 guy from abroad (N''Doye or another) and we''d have a decent 4 pronged attacking line up.

Whilst I see the point being made, I think Ricky has shown he knows where the goal is, and scoring a goal is pretty much the same whatever league you''re in, if you have the required skills. Which I have every confidence Ricky has.

You make a great point, its a well known fact that the main reason no English club would want Messi is due to him being unproven in the premiership. Darren Bent is a safer bet with a proven track record of 20+ a season.

Well you only have to look at the likes of Albert Luque, Afonso Alves, Mateja Kezman, Diego Forlan and Andrei Shevchenko to know that sometimes, even the most elite of players can''t produce the goods at premiership level.

In quick defence of Sheva, he didn''t do that bad, but considering he was supposed to be the best in the world, he should have been scoring at least 30 goals in all comps per season.

I''ve just been reliably informed that until they scored in the Premier League, Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie, Alan Shearer, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Gianfranco Zola, Juninho Paulista, Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres and Gareth Bale hadn''t scored in the Premier League.

Unbelievable Jeff......

[;)]

Exactly what I.S said!

Two lower league strikers comparable to a new one in with European experience. What are you expecting from the additional strike force, Cody McDonalds of the world? Some people

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

I''ve just been reliably informed that until they scored in the Premier League, Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie, Alan Shearer, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Gianfranco Zola, Juninho Paulista, Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres and Gareth Bale hadn''t scored in the Premier League.

Unbelievable Jeff......

[;)]

[/quote]

How many of them, especially the ones from abroad, immediately settled in?

"Norwich strikers......not one Premier League goal between them".No panic yet - and that is the word that is missing from the thread - "yet".It will happen, as sure as Holt will be leading goal scorer for Wigan.

Well Jimmy....

Ravanelli 16 in 33

Henry 17 in 31

Bergkamp 11 in 33

Zola 8 in 23

RVP 5 in 26

Ronaldo 4 in 29

Juninho 2 in 21

Draw your own conclusions. Appearances include those as a sub presumably, RVP and Ronaldo were played more as orthodox wingers and Juninho was just Juninho.

Ronaldo didn''t hit double figures until his 4th Premier season. Would you regard him as a failure? Of course he and RVP were relatively young.

Still, between them in 196 apps they netted 63 times.

No panic/pant wetting from the OP I''m glad to say.It was just an observation that not many '' established '' Premier League clubs start a new season with zilch previous League goals between all the forwards.That''s all.( where was that w**king emoticon when you needed one ? [;)] )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]No panic/pant wetting from the OP I''m glad to say.

It was just an observation that not many '' established '' Premier League clubs start a new season with zilch previous League goals between all the forwards.

That''s all.

( where was that w**king emoticon when you needed one ? [;)] )
[/quote]

If we start believing that we are ''established'' - that''s when the pant-wetting really should start....!!

40 points.....our first target.....retaining our status.....continue to build......

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]Barcelona strikers......not one Premier League goal between them.
And they have the cheek to call themselves a football team! Ludicrous! 
[/quote]

Stupid point.

FCB arent in the Premier League....not the English one anyway!

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]No panic/pant wetting from the OP I''m glad to say.It was just an observation that not many '' established '' Premier League clubs start a new season with zilch previous League goals between all the forwards.That''s all.( where was that w**king emoticon when you needed one ? [;)] )[/quote]

If we start believing that we are ''established'' - that''s when the pant-wetting really should start....!!

40 points.....our first target.....retaining our status.....continue to build......

[/quote]Quite agree.That''s why '' established '' looks so much better than established.There''s a long way to go yet....

oh no! this means we wont score a single goal all season! Relegation is assured! 0 in the goals scored column will be embarassing!