Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Good news: Schwarzer joins Chelsea?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Yes Purple, but Schwarzer has been playing in the Prem and Nash hasn''t[/quote]Indeed, but we are Norwich and they are Chelsea, and they can - and do - have high-class players sitting on the bench or not even getting that close to the action. I am dubious that Chelsea would want a 40-year-old as their number two keeper and effectively only back-up to Cech. And if they don''t then a move for Ruddy is still possible.

Good news indeed. Shows just what was in-store for Ruddy if he had joined them. Being treated as a journeyman is fine when you''re 40, not when you''re 26 and in your prime!

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]We need a song for Big John I think...

[8] He played in goal against the scum, Big John, Big John...

He played in goal against the scum, Big John, Big John!

He played in goal against the scum and...
[/quote]

And he only let in just the one.

[quote user="chicken"]It doesn''t mean anything even if he does sign. It will mean two keepers on their books. They might think they need three. Depends on whether Schwarzer is happy being 3rd choice or perhaps battling for 2nd choice with Ruddy for one season.[/quote]

My fear exactly Chicken.  For Nash read Schwarzer.    Chelseas have released all other decent keepers and the aussie has the feel of their number three about him - just as hilario/turnbull was.  I am not sure Jamal Blackman is strong enough to be their number 3 in a season with european football and no chance to sign another keeper until Jan.

My hopes were Ruddy stays - but until the rumours stop I am yet to be convinced.

good nerws that chelski have signed a goalkeeper in his 40''s to replace one in his 30''s when they have a 20 something keeper they have been linked with who could easily play for the next 10 years....

Schwarzer has gone there to earn lots of money and get splinters up his ar$e on the bench

Fair play to Schwarzer, he deserves a year with his feet up on the bench. It''s the perfect deal while Courtois is allowed to carry on his development in Spain.

If we only get 1 more year out of big JR, i''d be okay with that too, as we''ll be able to get a big fee for him after getting in the England WC squad and we''ll be able to dedicate our recruitment to getting a decent keeper sorted. This summer is way too soon, especially after he missed half of last season and we only started winning when he came back.

I don''t think Ruddy is bound for Chelsea this season I think he has at least one more in him at Norwich & then we will see him linked to likes of Liverpool & Arsenal.

I think we have to take our hats off to McNasty & crew, not so many years ago when a "big club" like Chelsea came calling we rolled over on our back & let them tickle our belly. According to reports we have rebuffed 2 or 3 bids from Chelski ....well done NCFC board!!!