Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Good news: Schwarzer joins Chelsea?

Schwarzer is a good fit for them, if true - probably looking for a decent club for a season or so to keep him in touch esp with the WC coming up, he has just come through a full season for Fulham and is more than capable

We need a song for Big John I think...[8] He played in goal against the scum, Big John, Big John...He played in goal against the scum, Big John, Big John!He played in goal against the scum and... (someone fill this bit in!)

BIG JOHN RUDDY, NORWICH''S NUMBER ONE!

Associated Press photo now up of Schwarzer with some Chelsea bloke at the training ground.Just need the Chelsea confirmation and that''s a load of our mind !

Makes more sense for them I think - experienced back up that will cost them nothing.

Glad we rejected their advances (if this proves to be true).

Ruddy needs to stay and continue to excel for us.

It doesn''t mean anything even if he does sign.

It will mean two keepers on their books. They might think they need three. Depends on whether Schwarzer is happy being 3rd choice or perhaps battling for 2nd choice with Ruddy for one season.

schwarzer wouldnt go as 3rd choice in a world cup year, probably get carling cup games and few fa cup and european games.

And with this move everyone can now clearly see what was planned on Ruddy''s neck. Second choise keeper until Courtois is ready to come back and take responsibility.

Cech - 1stSchwarzer - 2ndAnother keeper brought in for 3rd choice orOption to recall Courtois if both got injured / suspendedYou wouldn''t haveCechSchwarzerRuddyCourtoisSurely?I''d imagine they''ll bring one of the reserve keepers in if Schwarzer and Cech got injured and Courtois can''t be recalled not spend £10 million on Ruddy

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]We need a song for Big John I think...

[8] He played in goal against the scum, Big John, Big John...

He played in goal against the scum, Big John, Big John!

He played in goal against the scum and never conceded more than one

BIG JOHN RUDDY, NORWICH''S NUMBER ONE!
[/quote]

[quote user="chicken"]It doesn''t mean anything even if he does sign.

It will mean two keepers on their books. They might think they need three. Depends on whether Schwarzer is happy being 3rd choice or perhaps battling for 2nd choice with Ruddy for one season.[/quote]

I know goalkeepers keep longer than outfielders, but Schwarzer is 40. We seemingly are going to sign someone around that age as our third choice. And we are not Chelsea. This doesn''t mean they now don''t want Ruddy.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="chicken"]It doesn''t mean anything even if he does sign. It will mean two keepers on their books. They might think they need three. Depends on whether Schwarzer is happy being 3rd choice or perhaps battling for 2nd choice with Ruddy for one season.[/quote]

I know goalkeepers keep longer than outfielders, but Schwarzer is 40. We seemingly are going to sign someone around that age as our third choice. And we are not Chelsea. This doesn''t mean they now don''t want Ruddy.

[/quote]

No, it does not, but it may mean that John Ruddy doesn''t want them.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="chicken"]It doesn''t mean anything even if he does sign.

It will mean two keepers on their books. They might think they need three. Depends on whether Schwarzer is happy being 3rd choice or perhaps battling for 2nd choice with Ruddy for one season.[/quote]

[/quote]Are they going to pay £10mil for a 3rd choice ''keeper?