Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Hughton in the Transfer Market

From the second he became our manager, I was told time and time again that Hughton would be brilliant for us in attracting great players.Hatem Ben Arfa and Cheick Tiote are perhaps the most famous names brought in by Hughton to Newcastle, but you also have to remember he managed to bring Sol Campbell in for a brief spell and Wayne Routledge as well.He''s also the man who managed to keep control of Joey Barton and get him playing some very good football.With Wolfswinkel, Garrido and Redmond already done. Fer and Olsson on their way and Toivonen / Alderweireld / Hooper etc all in the mix these are indeed exciting times for us.You have to hand it to Hughton, his record shows he can buy cheap and bring in real "quality".

I''d like to add that he got goals out of Carroll and gave Redmond his professional debut! As well as balancing 2 europa campaigns with league fixtures, and given keepers like Krul and Forster meaningful game time. He is a coach.

Well Routledge has proven he should have done better as he is thriving at Swansea now, Campbell was purely a decent bit of experienced cover as well. We''ll have to wait and see how the summer recruitment drive ends, but it looks promising so far!

[quote user="Kirkstall Yellow"]And he got Bassong to sign for us! Which, to be fair, i''m still amazed about! I dont think he''s have signed for that other fella, whatever his name was.[/quote]

Who could you be referring to - Bryan Gunn? [;)]