Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

If you showed potential signings around Norwich...

With the talk of Toby and Fer being shown around today, it made me curious. Who conducts the tour? Apart from carrow road and colney where else do they go? The city centre? Asda? Dunston hall? Other player accommodation?

Has it been organised so that they are shown round together? Will this improve our chances?

Luckilly it''s been a beautiful day.

Will the two of them be sitting down in a quiet country pub on the broads over dinner chatting it through?

A delia slap up meal?

Just really curious as to the details of how we sell our fantastic club.

They take them round London instead.Show them the sights.Get them to sign the contractThen give them directions to Norwich.McNally is a clever one.

Two different approaches needed here:

1. For Toby, best ply him with Pims, then over to the tennis courts for a spot of doubles before dining out on some freshly done lobster and caviar at that newly opened poncy bistro place off Newmarket Road (Unthank Road?).

2. For Leroy, get him plastered on Pooh Bear ale down at the Fat Cat, then down to the chippy for a fry-up, and finish up with some gash on the Prince of Wales Road.

Sorted!

I can tell you that the player liaison conducts the tour. His name is Phil Lythgoe and he used to do the hospitality match day tours.

He took me around a couple of times and, whilst I obviously loved it, my Chelsea supporting friend was blown away by how good the tour was and how much he clearly loved the club.

The players seemed to really get on with him and, the last time I was there, he just had his ''trial'' task of showing RVW around.

Have no idea what else they are shown though.

Afraid so.... Although he mentioned some nice stuff about Geoffery Watling at that point.

I guess the League 1 and championship trophies show that we are an extremely well run club on the up!

Meet them outside the train station.

Over to Frankie and Bennys for lunch.

Pop to Lloyds for quick Jaegerbombs.

Then walk up Prince of Wales Rd, show them the castle, down the Walk with all the delights that brings. Walk past the market, down London St and point to the Cathedral.

A quick pint stop in the Prince of Wales pub, then board them onto the Norwich Tour Bus.

Tell them you''ll meet them outside Carrow Road in 45 minutes.

45 minutes later, pick them up, drive them to Colney and woo the, with the great facilities.

End the day with Scampi in a basket at the Rushcutters on Thorpe Rd, before heading them back to the train station.

Jobs a goodun :)

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]hopefully not the trophy cabinet [/quote]

yes, it''s not as if we have won anything in the last 30 years is it ?(makes you wonder how Fulham manage to sign players)

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]hopefully not the trophy cabinet [/quote]

A bit harsh, the FA cup is in there, well the youth version.

[quote user="Yellow and Green"]I can tell you that the player liaison conducts the tour. His name is Phil Lythgoe and he used to do the hospitality match day tours. He took me around a couple of times and, whilst I obviously loved it, my Chelsea supporting friend was blown away by how good the tour was and how much he clearly loved the club. The players seemed to really get on with him and, the last time I was there, he just had his ''trial'' task of showing RVW around. Have no idea what else they are shown though.[/quote]

I used to play in the same youth team as Phil Lythgoe; a fine chap and it looks like he''s doing a great job!...

take them for 9 holes at sprowston manor, meal in the clubhouse, lots of whisky/beer/vodka/jager

then drop them in the middle of either heartsease, plumstead or mile cross at midnight with a t shirt with their name on and see if they an make it back to the train station in one pieceif they make it back in one piece they are worthy lol, kind of like hard target (jean claude van damme) but with rich footballers instead of the homeless

Didn''t Hucks says in his book when he came to visit it was glorious sunshine...so he thought it was like that all the time. Or something like that, as i''m sure he''s not that dumb!

The players used to be shown Carrow Road and Colney obviously, and were then taken to the ASDA on the ring road where it was expected they were ''to be seen.'' I know have a well placed source they are going to take prospective new players to Anglia Square and tell them that international film premieres take place here! Who needs London when you''ve got Anglia Square!

as they are professional footballers i''d take them to Devils Advocate, The Lexus Garage, then to what ever Mercy is called now and get them in the "VIP" area so they feel important with all the other meat heads and wannabe wags who can just walk in there without any special status.

if they are a naughty footballer then they would be taken to meet the local bookie, "special powder" sales man, then to meet some one else wife.

The Education room at the River End to watch Grant Holts hatrick against the scum, followed by Lloyds Riverside to learn the Grant Holt and anti scum songs for the afternoon.