Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Football Managers "suggest a player option"

Now please don''t shoot me down for bringing a fictional game into this, but the pattern of our transfers, do people think that at any point, Hughton and co sat down with for example RVW and said something along the lines of "now then Ricky, have you got any mates who could do a job for us? We''re after a bit more oomph in centre mid."

You look at how 4 leeds mates turned up and wonder if the same has come into it with the rumoured imminent eredivise signings.

I would imagine all football managers would do this, and inform their scouts accordingly.  I doubt we''d ever sign a player purely on the basis of another player''s recommendation though.

I think signing fellow countrymen has long been a good way of both helping players settle in and a way to sell the club to a player who might otherwise not fancy coming to little old Norwich. It''s good to see a noticeable shift in the type of player we''re trying to sign and as we''ve already seen CH seems to have a fair amount of kudos in the football world.

I think you completely underestimate and under value the knowledge that any premier league manager has of European football. They all know all the players.

Any such conversation is much more likely to be about what a player thinks of other suggested players. so Ricky, what''s Fer like at the national squad? Good mixer or loner? Etc.

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]I would imagine all football managers would do this, and inform their scouts accordingly.  I doubt we''d ever sign a player purely on the basis of another player''s recommendation though.[/quote]
Graham Souness would.