Sign in to follow this  
henrik

£6m for Ruddy?

are they taking the pi$$? Seriously thats got to be a wind up. If I''m honest, I''d struggle to justify it if they offered double that up front!!!!

As the next England keeper that price is a joke, and would he really want to go back to sitting on the subs bench at Chelsea!

Double that price and maybe reasonable, once again a big club thinking they can get bargain from little ol Norwich

Having had a look on a few chelsea forums 95% of their fans dont want Ruddy. They really cant see the sense of spending maybe up to 10 million on a 2nd/3rd choice keeper.

As for myself I really cannot see the logic of this transfer if it goes ahead.

If Ruddy wants to play football he will stay. If he wants to put his career and England chances on hold he will go. Im still puzzled.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]Having had a look on a few chelsea forums 95% of their fans dont want Ruddy. They really cant see the sense of spending maybe up to 10 million on a 2nd/3rd choice keeper.

As for myself I really cannot see the logic of this transfer if it goes ahead.

If Ruddy wants to play football he will stay. If he wants to put his career and England chances on hold he will go. Im still puzzled.[/quote]If he chooses to do that, we sell for a good figure then we win, if he stays as he wants to improve as a keeper then we win. Fact is we hold the cards here and if Ruddy was to take the gamble it would be with our permission only. I really genuinely rate Ruddy and have done since his Cambridge days and think he is a sublime keeper, but irreplaceable? is anyone these days aside from maybe messi to barca or bale to spurs? If we were to get silly money for a player chasing a pot of gold then surely that wouldn''t be a negative on our part. If he doesn''t want to go because of the intrinsic rewards he can gain then again, we win as we will keep a talented, happy and ambitious goalkeeper. Question is....what if it was Arsenal that bid for him, what would your opinion be?

Yes good point Coachkemp. If Arsenal came in for him I could see him being their number 1 but Chelsea he would not. Maybe if he went their he would go straight out on loan?

Yeah I rate Ruddy very highly but like you say if a big offer comes in we may not be able to refuse. Everyone has a price.

He has got to be worth £10m, he is up there with hart. Hart may have more ability than ruddy but I felt that he was faultless up to his injury where as hart had some dodgy games. He has become one of the best goal keepers in the league.

If he was to leave he would need to be the number 1 keeper at. The club he was going to, he is too good for the bench.

Chelsea have Courtiois bout to embark on the third year of his loan at Atletico Madrid. He''s generally considered the standout keeper/talent of La Liga.

I can''t understand Chelsea''s persistence.

Good question Coach. Arsenal you could understand, they need a number 1 and Ruddy is good enough. He''d also be able to push Joe Hart as England number 1. I''d be gutted to see him leave anywhere of course, but even more so to see him leave to take the wages as a bench warmer at Chelsea. Arsenal, I''d say fair enough John. Good luck to you pal.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We are no longer a selling club but every player has a price. [/quote]Every club is a selling club, unless you can point to one that doesn''t sell players................and on the basis you state "every player has a price."

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We are no longer a selling club but every player has a price. [/quote]Every club is a selling club, unless you can point to one that doesn''t sell players................and on the basis you state "every player has a price."

[/quote]

Is someone starting to fudge the lines between ''literal'' and ''figurative'' speech?If so, let me help you across the road.Saying we are no longer a ''selling club'' implies that the club is not in a position where it must sell players to keep it''s books balanced. Do you understand what I mean when I''m using the term ''books balanced'', or should I spell that one out as well? No? Goooood.However, NCFC is in a position to sell a quality player, if the right price is tabled, hence the term, ''every player has a price''. Good with the term ''tabled''? Gooood boy.I''m not sure we can water the medication down any more than that.And please don''t ask if you need further assistance. I really don''t enjoy repeating myself.

[quote user="273"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We are no longer a selling club but every player has a price. [/quote]

Every club is a selling club, unless you can point to one that doesn''t sell players

................and on the basis you state "every player has a price."

[/quote]

Is someone starting to fudge the lines between ''literal'' and ''figurative'' speech?

If so, let me help you across the road.

Saying we are no longer a ''selling club'' implies that the club is not in a position where it must sell players to keep it''s books balanced. Do you understand what I mean when I''m using the term ''books balanced'', or should I spell that one out as well? No? Goooood.

However, NCFC is in a position to sell a quality player, if the right price is tabled, hence the term, ''every player has a price''. Good with the term ''tabled''? Gooood boy.

I''m not sure we can water the medication down any more than that.

And please don''t ask if you need further assistance. I really don''t enjoy repeating myself.

[/quote]

Then don''t feel obliged to do so, particularly when what you had to say in the first instance was lacking.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We are no longer a selling club but every player has a price. as for Ruddy that price needs to be well over £10m imo[/quote]I think anything around the 10-12m mark would be realistic and fair. Regarding people''s mindset on why Ruddy would want to go...we don''t really need to understand that, because if he moves then we get a fair price that we can work with. If he doesn''t move then he will have stayed for the right reasons/ Same applies with Holt, given that he has just gone, some fans don''t fully understand why holt has left the club but also we don''t know what Holt said, the value of the offer or wwho we have lined up, fact is we don''t need to understand why, just understand that it has happened. and the same will apply with Ruddy if he leaves.

Surely John, there will be no better place to play your football all season, than at CR? Look at all the new teammates you are getting.