Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Cody (lol)

Coventry City:

Cody McDonald''s contract has been terminated by mutual consent http://bit.ly/186rOpN #pusb #skyblues

Don''t understand why they didn''t try and sell him! Sure Gillingham would have been at the front of a short queue.

he''ll be back in non league oblivion come August

or if Paul Moy is to be beleived keeping Messi on the bench at Barca, as he slots his 80th of the season home infront of a watching Roy Hodgson

I''d guess the reason they didnt try and sell him was because the clubs that were interested in him didnt have any money to buy him.Easiest thing for all parties is to release him.Coventry then get rid of his wages and Cody is free to find a new club and get on with his career.I definately think Cody can score goals in league one.8 goals in 47 appearences, id like to know how many of them were starts and with a run of games behind him.I''m not a massive Cody fan like most on here but i definately feel he has the ability to score reguarly in league one.

Haha! A far cry from our transfers! (See other thread of mine) I guess we''ll have to get used to that at our level.

Here''s an idea.  First game against Everton. 27th minute.  We all whoop and holler Cody''s name in recognition of what a player he could have been.  It''d be great at building the atmosphere.

Some people were going mad when we sold him. The only reason we felt he was decent was because we only paid 50k for him, but that''s all he was worth really. Fans were just happy we''d plucked someone (anyone) out of non league.

He was worth it n my book. We sold him on for more than double that and he scored some big goals for us. Similar to Oli Johnson, we got what we needed, they got what they needed, we moved upwards and onwards, they left the club better set than when they arrived.

Joking aside, its great to see ex-players do well, especially popular ones.   Cody struck a chord with fans, as did Wilbraham (eventually) Jackson too - and others.  I would be delighted if  CM does well, not least because he is a prolific goal scorer - albeit at the lower level.   He will do well at his level and who knows, our recently departed captain didn''t make his mark at the top level until he was 30, so there is hope for every player there.   Good luck to him.

Just spotted this. He''ll do very well alongside the big targetman Akinfenwa they signed a few days ago. My guess is he made a friendly agreement with Coventry as they are basically bust.  It''s a sideways move but to a side that will do better than Coventry this season IMO, so no shame at all.    

I understand making fun of Paul Moy but it seems as if the title with its lol and some of the posts are laughing at Cody. Uncalled for.

It''s not Cody''s fault Moy thinks he''s Messi. Cody is an honest professional who always did his best for us. That his best was not sufficient was not his fault. Losing his job today ( that''s what being released means after all) is tragic and I''m glad he''s found a new one do quickly.