Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Is this the most exciting time ever to be a City fan?

Certainly it terms of new signings it is. Now of we can just win the Premier League or FA Cup next season...... [:D]

Do think a trip to wembley is on the cards next season, very pleased with who we have in already, not to mention the seeminlgy imminent arrival of Fer, a couple of strikers and we will be flying high!

Wembley is certainly possible, but you need a bit of luck along with quality and depth. We''ll just have to see.

If Fer signs, it''s most definately the most exciting transfer window ever in our history!

My biggest worry is our fans expectations. A few bad results last season and everyone moaned about Hughton. Now we are making some decent deals, I fear of we don''t finish top 10 or go on a bad run, fans will jump on his back again. These things take time.

Very, very exciting times. Hughton is very much making his own squad, comprised of great signings on his behalf - Bunn, Whitakker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Olsson, Tettey, Snodgrass, Redmond, Wolfswinkel, Becchio, Butterfield, and there seem to be a couple more great additions in the pipeline. Massive.

Whoops - not trying to claim that that is our ''new'' squad. Just listing Hughton''s signings - very exciting.

Most exciting time EVER?! Hell no! Football is dire compared to seasons gone past, i do think this season is shaping up to be the best for a long while however, and i mean that generally, not just for City.

I still don''t think this season will be as exciting as back to back promotions that we experienced under Lambert, there were so many moments looking back on those seasons that i will remember forever.

It won''t be better than beating Bayern Munich and our short-lived uefa cup run, this was at a time when money was then only starting to distort the game.

It won''t be as good as the majority of matches in the 80''s and early 90''s for me either, as i was a lad and it was all quite a new experience.

It ''will'' however, be better than last season when we were clearly short on striking options.

Oh, i think i''ve got pre-season depression! :( Ignore me...

Agree that the finishing third and euro season was the most exciting time ever - great football and outstanding results.

However this is running a clear second for me - and the best close season yet - and tells us why last seasons football needed to be effective if so so dull to watch.

COYY

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Most exciting time EVER?! Hell no! Football is dire compared to seasons gone past, i do think this season is shaping up to be the best for a long while however, and i mean that generally, not just for City.

I still don''t think this season will be as exciting as back to back promotions that we experienced under Lambert, there were so many moments looking back on those seasons that i will remember forever.

It won''t be better than beating Bayern Munich and our short-lived uefa cup run, this was at a time when money was then only starting to distort the game.

It won''t be as good as the majority of matches in the 80''s and early 90''s for me either, as i was a lad and it was all quite a new experience.

It ''will'' however, be better than last season when we were clearly short on striking options.

Oh, i think i''ve got pre-season depression! :( Ignore me...[/quote]

Here you are Skiijump....http://cdn.sulitstatic.com/images/2012/1121/194710986_194004269fb82a6489af877323664f3db0f9a08c20df01f5d.jpg

Get these down!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Agree that the finishing third and euro season was the most exciting time ever - great football and outstanding results.

However this is running a clear second for me - and the best close season yet - and tells us why last seasons football needed to be effective if so so dull to watch.

COYY

[/quote]This