Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

2 signings

A couple people on the Wrath yesterday were suggesting similar things about 2 signings - but in particular there was talk of 1 of the signings being someone that has not been linked or mentioned yet.Whether they have reliable info I don''t know, would be exciting if so, but equally Olsson looks like he''ll be one of them and I really want to see Fer tied up as soon as possible.

He wont go to Everton.

I thought their transfer policy was they only consider ex or current wigan players.

I would be really worried if I were an everton fan btw.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

The only confirmed fact is actually that Fer was having a Medical yesterday afternoon and will hopefully be announced today.

Another fact is that Toby Alderweireld was in Norwich yesterday with his father and agent to "look around the place".
[/quote]

I don''t think there has been any confirmation of a Fer medical, or that Alderweireld was in Norwich. There was a report of the latter, but nothing that looked authoritative.

[/quote]

In fact, we know Alderweireld wasn''t in Norwich yesterday, as he was photographed with the Ajax squad (also in Austria) on pre-season training.

Puts into question all the information that has been floating around about him recently.

Not sure on all the Alderweireld stuff. Just read this though

http://www.clubcall.com/norwich-city/defensive-duo-set-for-city-1605940.html

Yeah thought so. It is gaining pace though, alot more people talking about it than they were a few days ago.

I''ve heard there will be a minimum of 2 signings this week, this was sunday evening, so im guession they could come today or over the next couple of days. A very good source as well so I believe him.

judderman wrote - "so we''re signing Alderweireld, Fer, Hooper, N''Doye, Olsson, Nash, and Toivonen today?"

All except Nash, he said we were not ambitious enough for him.

Don''t really believe the "prophets" looking into their cristal ball -> waiting for an official statement or a tweet by DM

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]judderman wrote - "so we''re signing Alderweireld, Fer, Hooper, N''Doye, Olsson, Nash, and Toivonen today?"

All except Nash, he said we were not ambitious enough for him.[/quote]hmm.Would be a bit underwhelmed unless we can get a good bit of Nash in there

HAve to confess I don''t follow players from other clubs, so don''t know anything about our potential signings.  But you guys that do seem pretty excited. So on a scale from 0 to ten where a van Persie is a ten and, say, Andrew Crofts is a two, how do you rate these potential targets: Alderweireld, Fer, Hooper, N''Doye, Olsson, Nash, and Toivonen ? Better than current players?

Surely Alderweireld is higher than Fer with the mooted clubs interested in him? Napoli and Roma as well as Spurs and Liverpool were supposedly keeping tabs on him. Whereas Fer has only been linked in Jan briefly with Everton.

Heh I would say Fer is still 6 or at most 7, but great potential to come 9 or even 10,

Olsson and Toivonen are both good national team players and already quite experienced. I would put them somewhere between 7 and 8.

I have not ever seen Nash play or at least I dont remember noticing him so cant give a number.

Hooper is bit one sided player, but clinical so mayby weak 6.

Alderweireld is class CB with few flaws in his game. Great with ball, (At least in Eredivisie) strong 7.

But at the end of the day how good they are matters very little, if they are right. Poor player in right slot of tactic can make him look like a Messi.

Harsh on Crofts getting a 2, but i guess if they''re the standard, i''d go:

Nash - 2 (just what is needed for 3rd choice keeper)

Fer - 8

Alderwiereld - 8

Toivonen - 6

N''Doye - 7

Olsson - 6 (was an 8 a couple of years ago)

Hooper - 5

Nash - 3Fer - 8Alderwiereld - 7Toivonen - 6 (but could be very useful in covering both the striker and AM positions)N''Doye - 7Olsson - 5 (Blackburn fans on their forums don''t seem to rate him much as a full back, prefer him as a left winger)Hooper - 5

If bringbackchippy and CUSDP are saying its going to happen, then it''s going to happen.

Woo! I was really hoping Fer would be the second but maybe tomorrow..!

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Cheers guys, nice to have some perspective. So with Fer having a medical we could be landing ourselves an 8.[/quote]

Heh Dutch would have quite many +8 in their national team then ^^

I think people are bit over exited about dutch youth national and overhype him.

quote user="Snoddy''s Jockstrap" :This thread now consists entirely of people rating players based on Youtube compilations.

Well let''s be honest, there is no one on here with an expert knowledge of Eredivise, the reserve premier league and SPL, so I felt vindicated to give my ratings on what i''ve seen and read about.

I watched Leroy Fer tear up the euros and he has more pedigree than Rigters did so i feel i can answer honestly about him.

Alderwiereld i have seen less of, but given the clubs we have been allegedly competing with, that gives him that rating.

Hooper, i''ve seen the odd match with him in, seems a typically lethal striker for Celtic, so have gone with a similar rating i''d have given to their previous strikers who''ve scored from your Larssons (9/10) to your Samaras''s/ Stokes''s (3 or 4/10) and met them in the middle.

Nash i''ve seen years ago be alright, but i don''t think anyone has seen him play as he''s not played much anyway. Stoke fans seem to like him on twitter though.

Toivonen is judged on youtube vids and how highly regarded he is on computer games, that one i confess to.

Olsson i have seen play a few times, was a class act at blackburn, but as they have declined, his performances have also understandably declined, i''m sure we''ll see a good version of him here though.