Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

2 signings

Here is a link to the swedish paper Aftonbladet.http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article17106169.abIt says Olsson will join Norwich for 4 years after some time of negotiations between the two clubs. The medical will be held tuesday evening and he will possibly team up with international teammate Toivonen who is also rumoured to join Norwich.

If this is reliable I''m going for Fer and OlssonNeither traveled with their respective clubs and it seems Alderweireld was training with Ajax today and Toivonen is still unconvinced

Will be very dissappointed if our "big" signings include Nash. Happy if one is Olsson and the other is Fer/Toivonen/Hooper/N''Doye though (Alderweireld isn''t that far gone yet).

It''s like Christmas right now!

Olsson would appear to be the sure hit. Lots of buzz about it and been rumored for a while.

The other? Could be one of several. Fer supposedly was looking around and having a medical today. Toivonen is vaunted in some circles in a double-Swede bounty; Hooper missed out in Celtic''s friendly tonight so maybe Holt leaving was extra push we needed to say ''just get him here''?

Alderweireld would be the mega-shock given the circumstances. N''doye would surprise most but the media say we''re keen.

I think I need to lie down.

This means I will be doing little apart from Twitter watching at work tomorrow

All of the realistic names that have been banded about recently I would be happy with

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]bbc used to bring good, solid inside info, he''s a name to trust.

So the 2 signings; names already in the mix or someone unexpected?[/quote]Even I''m getting a bit interested now, if what you say is true Joanna bout the OP having a good track record.

If 2 from the bunch reported sign and Chelsea drop there interest in ruddy it really is starting to look positive for next season.

I''m not sure if the interest we have shown in some players will fade away if we sign a couple of the big names or if we are seriously hoping/serious in signing all of them.

We really would have an amazing team if they all came off.

This really is showing serious serious intent.

Can someone explain to me why OP is being taken seriously?

Not been posting here for that long and haven''t seen their tips in the past.

Seems like everyone is believing the word of somebody who has not even tried to explain their sources. What?

I don''t remember specifically why but bringbackchippy conjours up serious images of correct inside knowledge in the past. Cusdp even more so from memory.

I''m contently willing to believe this information is correct and look forward to Neymar and Lukaku tomorrow (Okay, Olsson and A.N. Other will do [;)] )

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Could it be that Toivonan is waiting to see what other signings we make before committing himself?[/quote]
Maybe, but now a week after he returned back to training you would of thought he would be a done deal.

It could be, Crafty. I hope people aren''t disappointed as do have a feeling it will be Olsson and Nash revealed tomorrow: Nash has as good as told people that he is joining so it seems odd to think he won''t be part of any announcement. I do feel we are on the cusp of some decent signings though.

[quote user="Mason 47"]I don''t remember specifically why but bringbackchippy conjours up serious images of correct inside knowledge in the past. Cusdp even more so from memory.[/quote]I thought they both knew Ian Crook, but he''s gone now :P

Not sure what the Twitter deal is but had a look and folks saying Leroy Fer to sign for EFC in the next 24 hours.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Ignore those rumours Twitchy it''s just twitter propaganda. Nothing to back them up at all.[/quote]You might be right there Joanna, messed about a bit with other names and all sorts of crazy cr@p came up with no back up whatsoever.

An Everton fan retweeted an official sky sports news tweet from january about Fer having a medical, few haven''t checked the original date!

The only confirmed fact is actually that Fer was having a Medical yesterday afternoon and will hopefully be announced today.

Another fact is that Toby Alderweireld was in Norwich yesterday with his father and agent to "look around the place". The interview with the Dutchman in the know said he may decide to wait for an offer from a bigger club. Hopefully he''ll be suitably impressed and just sign with us.

Olssen, seems to be gathering pace and also looks like he is on his way, but nothing from any official sources yet. Strong rumours he was also in Norwich yesterday.

Hooper - paper rumours only. I really dislike that Neil Lennon being so hardball. But it doesn''t look like Hooper is particularly keen on us else he would come by now! Personally I think he''s overrated for the price!

New rumours today is 5 mil for Fraser Forster. Just paper talk, but could easily come off with Ruddy''s apparent interest in going to Chelsea. Just the Neil Lennon factor will probably put a stop to this one!

Others are a few trialists in Austria, including Nash & a young Spanish midfielder. They will just be squad fillers for this coming season, but great if they have potential (obviously not old man Nash!). Nash should be a solid 2nd or 3rd keeper.

What a great time to be a Norwich fan. Don''t stress, enjoy the ride!

Trust in Hoots & McNally

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

The only confirmed fact is actually that Fer was having a Medical yesterday afternoon and will hopefully be announced today.

Another fact is that Toby Alderweireld was in Norwich yesterday with his father and agent to "look around the place".[/quote]

I don''t think there has been any confirmation of a Fer medical, or that Alderweireld was in Norwich. There was a report of the latter, but nothing that looked authoritative.

Javier''s DT - That''s not accurate. I read that story and if you read the quotes attached to it, they are quotes from Toby''s agent BEFORE he came to visit (if indeed he did). Very misleading and poor piece of journalism.

Would love it if it was someone of Fers quality that has not even been mentioned yet!   That has happened with so many of our recent signings.

As for why listening to the OP?   He (and cusdp) have both been proven right in the past and dont join the the ludicrous rumour mill - so when something arrives it usually has some credibility.

Given who we are rumoured to be linked with this is looking like being our very best summer yet.   Bring on the toffees...