Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Good Luck to Liverpool

May I be the first to wish Liverpool good luck tonight in the Champions League Final.

Their league form have been gash this season, but their european performances have been outstanding and they fully deserve their place tonight.  Plus, of course, its great to finally see an English club in the final again!

I''m hoping for a 1-0 Liverpool win, Garcia to score...

On The Ball, Erm, Liverpool.....

I''m also rooting for them as well Jas. I think AC Milan will fly out of the traps and get one but Liverpool will pull it back to 1-1 at half time and win it 2-1. Gerrard and Cisse the scorers, Shev for AC.

Meh. Couldn''t care less about the Champions league. It only serves to make our rich clubs even richer and is the sole reason the Premiership is only 20 teams. Im routing for Lincoln at the weekend, me

Come on Liverpool, do us proud tonight.  Half my family are scousers so I shall be shouting for them down the pub.

Kick it off, like.

Throw it in, lar.

''ave dat little scrimmage

Sound.

[quote]Meh. Couldn''t care less about the Champions league. It only serves to make our rich clubs even richer and is the sole reason the Premiership is only 20 teams. Im routing for Lincoln at the weekend, me[/quote]

Lincoln... NEVER!! Go on the Blues (Southend that is!!) Seaside, Seasiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NORWICH FORUM NOT LIVERPOOL... SIGN ON (GET IT..)TO THE LIVERPOOL WEBSITE REGARDING GOOD LUCK MESSAGES... COME ON AC MILAN.NORFOLK THROUGH AND THROUGH ONE OF THE REMAINING FEW

sorry I got to cheer millan on, been a big fan
since way back to the gullit and van basten days.

they''re stuttering a bit, so it''ll be a close
one but I think they should have enough.

To If I had the Winnings,

I hope they win and dedicate the victory to the victims of both those terrible days for football.  It was the darkest period for British football, with run-down stadiums (Heysel) and inexperienced stewards and police at matches.  Time to move on because 20 or so years have now passed,it is a different set of Liverpool fans going to games now, and when you think about it, Norwich not being allowed into Europe for a few years pales into insignificance

[quote]sorry I got to cheer millan on, been a big fan since way back to the gullit and van basten days. they''re stuttering a bit, so it''ll be a close one but I think they should have enough.[/quote]

How do you spell Milan, Rich?

Nah, in all seriousness, there''s no reason for any Englishman to support Milan tonight, unless they have particular heritage or, in Rich''s case, reason for having liked them previously (and a fair reason too!)... Whatever happened years ago shouldn''t matter now...

btw, I did try to post a good luck message on the Liverpool message board (remember how nice it made us all feel when the Sheff Utd fan post good luck to us before the Fulham game?), but was playing up this morning...

Loved the Scouse OTBC too, made me chuckle, like...

I remember how bad it made me feel when liverpule played a bunch of unknown spanners against palace and gifted them 3 points a few weeks ago. Thats enough reason for this Englishman to hope that Milan stuff them tonight.

Palace still went down though, so it made no difference. Anyway, what would you have done, risk your best players when there was a champions league match in the week, when you know you weren''t going to make 4th position in the league or play a weakened side? 

Also, United left Rooney,Ronaldo & Van Nistleroy were left on the bench against us when we won 2-0, no-one moaned then did they?

Technically, you are correct, but at the time Everton were flying, the only reason it looked close at the end was due to Everton''s end of season dip.  At the time Benitez probably thought all was lost.

yes, good luck to liverpool

always cheer for any english team in competitions outside the english leagues!

Can liverpool do it for a fifth time, i hope so

Good Luck to Liverpool i really hope they do it for them, their fans and the whole of England. Having the European Cup in an English clubs hands will do no harm to European football and will raise the profiles of clubs like Everton.

Come on you Reds!

Unbelievable. thats the only way to describe tonights match. If ever there was a season to convince the whingers and moaners that premature pontificating is a mistake then this is it. First there is City doing it against Middlesboro and Newcastle then Liverpool doing it again tonight. Wonderful.

And here we are, its 23:46 on Wednesday 25th May at the time of writing, and Liverpool are champions of Europe, in a game that surely tops ManUre''s famous "comeback"... would they have come back from 3 goals down to win? Would Arsenal?!? No chance!

Congratulations Liverpool! My throat is soar from cheering in the Murderers, and the first thing I did was to go to a nearby Scouse supporter, shake his hand, and thank him and his team for a great evening of entertainment that shows one thing for sure - English football is still alive in Europe!

Well done, you did England proud

Read paragraphs four, five and six of the link below and then tell me that you are happy that Liverpool won. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/768380.stm

You can blame Juventus supporters, poor organisation and lack of crowd control by the Belgian authorities, but it was the Liverpool supporters who ran at the Juventus fans.  Even 20 years on, those same Liverpool supporters go to watch football, while the Juventus fans are dead.

How can that be excused?  39 people died.

Well Weston, AJ, Damo, Jason, Jamie?  If you can answer it then you must condone hooliganism.

So if thats ok then should the 6,000 City supporters have run onto the pitch at Fulham to stop the game?  Of course not you just don''t do it.

In my opinion, they should still be banned from the European cup, and I cannot forgive them.  And if you still want to argue maybe you want to search Google for Liverpool + Hillsborough + 96 dead.

I think jason has the right to start the thread,not like we had much else to talk about yesterday.anyway well done liverpool even if they''re werevery lucky, ac had numerous more chances, and Liverpoolcompletly rode their luck all tournament.

Equating our win over Manchester with Liverpules ''effort'' against palarse is laughable. Ronaldo played 70 mins. Rooney the whole second half and Ruud 25 mins. They replaced seasoned international footballers, (Saha, Smith). Liverpoo included such household names as Welsh??, Potter?????, et. al. Youre a scouser, and youre not even in disguise.

Freddie H

I think that you are in danger of tarnishing every football supporter with the same brush. The 80''s are a world away in terms of hooliganism and the type of supporter that follows a team now. Yes families & football suffered as a result of the Liverpool fans that night, but remember that Liverpool too have suffered their own tragedy. Now two wrongs don''t make a right, but from what I have seen and heard, those fans in Istanbul must have gone a long way to righting the wrongs of Heysel and laying that ghost to rest. Obviously you are not much of a forgiving type - and I say forgiving, not forgetting as no-one should forget what happened that night.

Good luck to the Scousers - I live right under the flightpath for John Lennon airport and boy is it busy this morning - after what was probably one of the most incredible comebacks, they deserve every bit of praise. You''re right that we shouldn''t forget, but don''t blame the current fans and players of this team for the sins of their fathers...

[quote]Read paragraphs four, five and six of the link below and then tell me that you are happy that Liverpool won. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/768380.stm You can blame Juventus supporters, poor ...[/quote]

What a load of rubbish!

Congratulations to Liverpool! As I a football fan, thanks to them for one of the most amazing games I''ve ever seen.

As I was only born in 1986, I wasn''t a football fan in the 80''s but from what I hear and see, the 80''s were a dark time for football hooliganism. But football has come on leaps and bounds since then and I don''t think we will ever see scenes like that by English supporters ever again.

People have moved on and realised how wrong they were. The fans last night were impeccable. If you can''t move on Freddy H, like the rest of us and congratulate Liverpool on their achievement on the pitch and off it the past few years then you are obviously an Evertonian.

You think we condone Hooliganism, give me a break. I was at Fulham and it didn''t even cross my mind or probably anyone elses in the ground. OK we were singing "on the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch" but that was just banter. This shows how much football has moved on and everyone needs to move on as-well. Including Italian football.

Well said, son.

If this chap is going to hate all Liverpool supporters for Heysel, he may as well hate all Germans for the two Wars. And all South Africans for Apartheid... and all Rwandans... and all Croatians and Bosnians... and himself, cos he''s probably related to someone who took part in the Crusades... and all....

I mean, I could go on!