Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Steer makes Villa debut

going back to the OP if we may......when you look at those 2 Villa teams (particularly minus Benteke) ...it looks a very weak squad of 22?

I would fully expect Villa to be fighting relegation for the 3rd season in a row.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Maybe one of you can answer a question that I''ve asked before on here. It bugs me!

Apparently Jed Steer''s dad was also  on Norwich''s books as a youth player. I have never found a record of him. Was he also a ''keeper?

[/quote]

my work mate who was on citys books as a youngster many years ago and went on to have along career at lowestoft , yarmouth ,wroxham ect can remember him and yes he was also a keeper who ended up kicking around the local leagues... i think he said he was also called jed

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]It didn''t come down to a choice between the two. Jed, a Norfolk lad and City fan, was offered a contract. He chose not to sign it and went to Villa. Make of that what you will.[/quote]
None of us know the details, could be a number of variables in that equation, he could have been offered one year at five hundred quid a week for all we know. He has gone from fourth choice to second choice, it is a good career move. Rudd is also a Norfolk lad, one of them had to leave at some point. 

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

going back to the OP if we may......when you look at those 2 Villa teams (particularly minus Benteke) ...it looks a very weak squad of 22?

I would fully expect Villa to be fighting relegation for the 3rd season in a row.

[/quote]

Doesn''t look the strongest by any stretch, however remember Benteke been left out there. Would imagine he will go for decent money, apparently try after £25m.

Ifso they will spend without a doubt to strengthen throughout.

How, can someone who claims to be a City fan go to Villa after all the recent history between the two clubs?It''s probably different as a player as I''ve never been in that situation but as a die-hard City fan I would never sign for AVFC. We offered him a contract ffs. If I was a professional footballer I would want to be at Norwich for my entire career. Of course we dont know why Jed chose them or the finer details but I just couldnt do it.

[quote user="i''m spartacus"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Maybe one of you can answer a question that I''ve asked before on here. It bugs me!

Apparently Jed Steer''s dad was also  on Norwich''s books as a youth player. I have never found a record of him. Was he also a ''keeper?

my work mate who was on citys books as a youngster many years ago and went on to have along career at lowestoft , yarmouth ,wroxham ect can remember him and yes he was also a keeper who ended up kicking around the local leagues... i think he said he was also called jed

[/quote]

Jed''s mum and dad used to run the Yeast and Feast in Horsford. His dad''s name is Jerry. I thought it might help to give a fact rather than join in the vitriol directed at a promising goalie just because he decides to further his career by going to another club. All a bit sad really.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Dear me, there are some mean spirited individuals on here.

So Norwich players are not allowed to move on ever?

Or is it just if they go to Villa?[/quote]Apparently NCFC players can only move on ''for the sake of their careers'' if they are not rated by the fans. The good ones have to stay; it''s the law(!)

I don''t suddenly hate the kid for moving to Villa, but as talented as I think he is, there is no way he is good enough to be a solid No 2 in the Prem yet. If Guzan went down with a Ruddy type injury and Steer had to play for 5/6 months, I wouldn''t be very confident at all to be honest.

And Young Gunn is gonna be a heck of a keeper one day

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks buddy[Y] I''ve been looking for an answer for a long time. Father and son keepers on City''s books - the Gunns and the Steers!

When he left I tweeted my thoughts and Jed personally read & ''favourited'' it. I think he''s going to be a top, top keeper.

There''s some unhealthy thinking going on amongst some people on here. What is the point of getting angry? This quote sums up my view:

"When you decide to hate someone you automatically begin digging two graves: one for your enemy and one for yourself".