Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Steer makes Villa debut

As the title says, he is starting 2nd half for Villa :) hope he develops well even if it is for Villa.

Villa first half:

Guzan, vlaar, baker, bacuna,

Albrighton, Delph, sylla, Bowery, tonev, Bennett, herd

2nd half:

Steer, lowton, okore, Clark, el ahamadi,

Helenius, agbonlahor, Luna, Westwood, weimann, gardner,

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Not interested in Steer. He''s made his decision. I hope he fails[/quote]Yeh , im in that mind set as well tbh

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m so excited, is there a stream? [:S]
[/quote]

stream photo: Stream sc2186.gif

There you go Lapp.[:D]

I''m quite interested OP after all that club has our ex-manager, all his coaching staff and more recently have "poached" one of our promising youngsters.

There also remains a slight resentment about these matters to the extent that I wouldn''t like them or their condescending fans to be too successful, or at least less successful than us.

With regards Steer, for sure I wish him well but really feel that Lambert is pitching him in to be a number two a bit prematurely and that this could well backfire.

I will keep a vigil on the outcome, for sure. 

[quote user="Mervmeister"]As the title says, he is starting 2nd half for Villa :) hope he develops well even if it is for Villa. Villa first half: Guzan, vlaar, baker, bacuna, Albrighton, Delph, sylla, Bowery, tonev, Bennett, herd 2nd half: Steer, lowton, okore, Clark, el ahamadi, Helenius, agbonlahor, Luna, Westwood, weimann, gardner,[/quote]

How feckin sad can you get to put the two teams up but obviously in all your excitement you forgot to inform those interested ( and by the way it will not be too many) who they are playing. [:@]

I think he burned his bridges with most fans by going there.

Genuinely couldn''t care less about him anymore, I''m more interested in what Simon Tracey is doing tonight to be honest.

Sadly Jed Steer is anything but rubbish, and I thought WAS the more highly regarded of our young keepers (if you don''t include Citehs Angus ...who is supposed to be outstanding)

[quote user="walks on water"]Sadly Jed Steer is anything but rubbish, and I thought WAS the more highly regarded of our young keepers (if you don''t include Citehs Angus ...who is supposed to be outstanding)[/quote]If Angus plays a first team game in the Premiership I''ll eat my laptop.......It''ll be Hart for years, then the next big thing, then the next, then the next ad infinium......

Yeah you''re probably right ..and maybe that''s why Steer left - he backed his talent. Can see young Gunn doing what young Schmeichel had to. (Incidently, wouldn''t mind him here)

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I''m quite interested OP after all that club has our ex-manager, all his coaching staff and more recently have "poached" one of our promising youngsters.

[/quote]

I thought they paid money for him after being successful with a bid ? Using the word " poached " makes it sound like he was tapped up and signed against our wishes.

god, i hope we are not starting to think about Villa the same way that Leeds think about us. it''s all in the past now. we are the future.

Wow seems I got badly slated for a harmless thread. As for not posting their opposition ''in excitement'' it was actually a copy and paste from my mates Facebook who a villa fan, so no idea who they playing.

Thought it might be slight interest to some to see him given chance. Obviously I was wrong though.

I don''t suddenly hate Steer just because he isn''t a Norwich player any more ( let''s face it we don''t seem to give many youngsters a go these days ) can''t blame him for moving ex specially if being groomed as a no.2 already.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Not interested in Steer. He''s made his decision. I hope he fails[/quote]
Oh come on, that''s a bit hard on the lad. Lambert rated Steer as a better prospect than Rudd, said so himself.
Hughton and his staff appear to rate Rudd as better than Steer. They are probably both good young keepers of similar quality, but Steer was always going to want to feel wanted, if Lambert was here then it would probably have been Rudd heading out of the door to feel loved.
He''s just a young lad trying to ''make it'' in football in the most competitive position in the game. 

[quote user="walks on water"]Sadly Jed Steer is anything but rubbish, and I thought WAS the more highly regarded of our young keepers (if you don''t include Citehs Angus ...who is supposed to be outstanding)[/quote]
He was touted as the better prospect of the two by Lambert, but last season Rudd had a tremendous loan at Preston and Steer had to do with a few games in non-league. With the England goalkeeping coach on the staff, who no doubts has all the contacts necessary, if they rated him that highly they would have found him a club further up the pyramid.
I personally think that Hughton & company rate Rudd as the better prospect. Declan Rudd is the one with the England Under 21 cap to his name, so clearly there are a few people in the England set up who feel the same. Rudd was epic in League One last season, think it was 6 clean sheets in 13 games for a very poor side. 
Steer has gone because Rudd is, quite simply, at least as good as him if not better. 

Tilly, we haven''t got any money for him yet - it will go to a tribunal, as he''s a young player, but out of contract. We''re entitled to a "reasonable" fee for his development, but since he declined to sign a new contract with us, it has to go to the tribunal.

Oh I actually think Hoots thought/thinks Steer is the better keeper. I support NCFC and my remarks re Steer was a reaction to the OP. A tribal reaction? Maybe but in the true spirit of our national game I stand by it

Maybe one of you can answer a question that I''ve asked before on here. It bugs me!

Apparently Jed Steer''s dad was also  on Norwich''s books as a youth player. I have never found a record of him. Was he also a ''keeper?

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="walks on water"]Sadly Jed Steer is anything but rubbish, and I thought WAS the more highly regarded of our young keepers (if you don''t include Citehs Angus ...who is supposed to be outstanding)[/quote]

He was touted as the better prospect of the two by Lambert, but last season Rudd had a tremendous loan at Preston and Steer had to do with a few games in non-league. With the England goalkeeping coach on the staff, who no doubts has all the contacts necessary, if they rated him that highly they would have found him a club further up the pyramid.

I personally think that Hughton & company rate Rudd as the better prospect. Declan Rudd is the one with the England Under 21 cap to his name, so clearly there are a few people in the England set up who feel the same. Rudd was epic in League One last season, think it was 6 clean sheets in 13 games for a very poor side. 

Steer has gone because Rudd is, quite simply, at least as good as him if not better. 

[/quote]

If it came down to a choice between the two and we''ve gone for Rudd, then you''d like to think that our England keeper coach has had a say in the situation aswell. Rudd has always looked good whenever I''ve seen him and he has a confidence/arrogance about his game that I like to see in a keeper as you know they arnt going to go to pieces when they make that inevitable howler.

It didn''t come down to a choice between the two. Jed, a Norfolk lad and City fan, was offered a contract. He chose not to sign it and went to Villa. Make of that what you will.