Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Coventry City

Just bought my ticket. Never been to the ground before - whats it like? My tickets in Block A ov the visitors stand - anyone know what the views like?

I saw City vs Coventry a couple of seasons ago at Highfield Road (we lost in the last minute to a Lee Hughes tap in).

Whilst the view from the away enclosure was ok, the actual ground itself wasn''t very good, especially considering Coventry spent so much time in the prem. Carrow Road is of a much higher standard.

Nevertheless, Scotty, I''m sure you''ll enjoy your time at the ground when City secure another victory!

went to uni in cov. its a fairly rubbish ground but that is mainly due to the fact that it''s quite old!!!

I bought my ticket today too and in my experience you kinda sit where you want. their fans are quite loud but they soon get agressive and hateful towards their own team if things don''t go their way. the view is fine.

We will be sitting in one of the stands that runs along the side of the pitch (opposite to the side the players run out from). All in all a decent enough venue. In my opinion though the venue is only a good one if we do well at it and generally, again in my own experience, we do not do well at Cov!!!!

Win or lose their fans love a fight and i''ve had some very scary experiences there before. Do not wear colours if you''re walking anywhere other than near the ground. I went to watch em play spurs in the carling cup last season and a big fight happened between a couple of groups of lads very close to us as we walked down a street. Funny thing was a group of Cove fans beat the life out of another group of Cov fans!!! Their desire to fight coupled with the average level of intelligence of your average burberry wearing Covver means they often fight each other!! they get confused you see!

last time I went to Coventry there was a piece in the programme about the bad state of the pitych, the groundsman exscuse was foxes coming into the ground and digging the pitch up to bury food!!!

Its a funny old place!

Guest CFrost
After what Tim has just said I''m a bit apprehensive to go now. Lol.

Where do you get off the coaches? I mean do they drop you off near the ground so its not that bad.And how long would you say it takes to get there. I''ve never been you see.