Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Triple Blow ?

Might be me but don''t most players sign upon medical and agreeing personal terms, not many decide to go back and wait a few days to decide?

Are we in for a triple blow of Fer, Toivonen & Alderweireld, looking likely and would that leave the way for a loan deal for Nick Powell and couple others? Wonder who is on the plan B list?

I''m not bothered in Toivonen and to be honest I had not heard of Alderweireld so the only loss might be Fer, who i along with other here think would be a good signing.

Why is a team who finished 12th & 11th in the premiership not a good move for anyone in the Dutch league?

Hopefully we will get Fer by Friday......fingers crossed.

I think you''re just being a bit overly pessimistic with this. What we have to remember is the calibre of players that we''re trying to sign now and the distances they''re traveling to sign. For many, this trip to Norwich for their medical will be the first time they''ve ever seen the city. Would you make a life changing decision on one trip? I know for the company I work for, whilst relocating, the employees get 5 trips to the new city to decide if the move is right for them and their famly. When we were signing players from within the UK they always knew that they were never going to be that far from where they had set their lives up. Fer is only 23 and has only ever played in Holland and for the Dutch national team. There is a lot to think about and hopefully he will make the right decision.

I think Fer would be the biggest loss since that deal seems so close and we desperately need a player like him. Toby is probably the best/most highly sought after player on that list, however CB isn''t the most pressing position to improve. Shame the Toivonen thing seems to be off, we need a strong forward who has some pace and has great technique - Toivonen was that man.
The club have been aiming for players most would argue are above our current position/stature, if a couple of them come off i will be happy. I hope we have a stronger plan B than we did in the striker department last summer though.

In the case of Fer i think there were issues surrounding his move to Everton, i imagine the club asked that he had a medical before they could seriously enter into negotations, possibly hoping that it would bring him forward into committing to us?

jim van wyck says fer will be unveiled on friday - thats one more day for another club to come in, have the bid accepted and agree personal terms.

doesnt seem like that''ll happen and I trust the man from the Press Association. Still not taken it as a given, but we''re nearly there.

Feel like I''ve waited all week for this signing. And at the reported £4.5 million that is a steal.

I think the Fer thing is just a quote that''s been lost in translation as some sites are reporting he''s being announced on Friday whereas others are saying he''s deciding on Friday. Alderwiereld has gone about this in the right way IMO and won''t begrudge him if he ends up elsewhere. Toivonen on the other hand has a bit of an inflated opinion about himself and I''m glad we aren''t signing him providing we have another AM lined up.

To be honest, none of us actually know if he had his medical yesterday. He may have just been having contract talks with McNally and having a look around. He might now be weighting up the offer made by Norwich today.

Also, it is entirely possible he has agreed terms, had the medical and passed and now is waiting for Twente and Norwich to agree a fee - there are plenty of examples of clubs being allowed to talk terms with a player before agreeing a fee with their club.

I think it is also worth noting that Fer only returned from a couple of weeks in Bali on Monday, I imagine he wants to have a quick moment to think things over before making any commitment. Obviously until everything is signed and sealed there is always a risk, but Norwich are certainly in pole position to sign him and we will know before the weekend either way.

Snoddy''s Jockstrap jim van wyck says fer will be unveiled on friday - thats one more day for another club to come in, have the bid accepted and agree personal terms.

doesnt seem like that''ll happen and I trust the man from the Press Association. Still not taken it as a given, but we''re nearly there.

Feel like I''ve waited all week for this signing. And at the reported £4.5 million that is a steal.Signing for a club and being announced at a press conference is two different things.