Sign in to follow this  
LondonCanary

The single biggest issue at this club PETITION FOR NEXT SEASON

Our 1990s euro-dance goal celebration music is laughable, out dated and a complete embarrassment - we are at the mockery of every away fan in the country.

Either get rid of it OR replace it with a Partridge sound bite from his world cup 94 coverage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7OxXKn70GM

Support the cause.

if it stopped back before the millenium - harmless fun. approaching 2014 - tinpot. we are evolving as a club and trying to compete on the field. It''s time to get rid of the things that make it easy for pundits and other teams to look down their noses at us.

get rid of that awful opera song b4 kick off and the 321 kick.it off they do on the pitch with the mic

Would be so much better if after a goal, the tannoy either said "Back of the Net" or "A-HA" or some other Partridge quote.

SPICEWORLD.

I understand your sentiments London. Latterly the sound system has been so bad that I couldn''t hear any goal music!! I''m sure they did stop playing it and it was all the better for it.

The whole sound system is being renewed as I understand it and this would be an ideal time to review the presentation.

I''m not keen on the high pitch voices of the announcer(s) for example and the choice of music is poor and uninspiring. I think local commercial radio supplies this service and perhaps the club are loath to be critical.

Perhaps off topic but I wish we could just sing OTBC a couple of times during a game and use the other chants more often. It might be a famous song but the way it''s sung over and over again at a game makes for a quite depressing sound. This is more prevalent I find at away games.

McNally asked this question towards the end of last season (I think a poll was posted on facebook too) and the amount of people who wanted it far exceeded those who wanted to get rid.  Unbelievable eh?!

Hull tweeted this yesterday:

Hull City Official ‏@hullcityteam 19h

We''re not playing songs, we''re not playing songs, we''re not playing, we''re not playing, we''re not playing songs… after goals! #hcafc #UTT

On the one hand, we are evolving and getting closer to being "bigger" but on the other hand, why should we forget where we''ve come from? Who gives a rats arse what the bbc pundits or away fans think of us? Gettind rid of Holt is one thing, but getting rid of the music in the same summer is another thing entirely. The music and the 321 is all just a good bit of fun, so lets just relax and enjoy it, because it doesn''t hurt anyone and it keeps our character.

[quote user="Stig"]On the one hand, we are evolving and getting closer to being "bigger" but on the other hand, why should we forget where we''ve come from? Who gives a rats arse what the bbc pundits or away fans think of us? Gettind rid of Holt is one thing, but getting rid of the music in the same summer is another thing entirely. The music and the 321 is all just a good bit of fun, so lets just relax and enjoy it, because it doesn''t hurt anyone and it keeps our character.[/quote]
If you''re under 13 or have a brain age of a similar number.

The goal music is a total embarrassment, it makes me cringe. Not only is the music itself naff, all goal music is naff. I don''t want it, get rid.

As for the 321, even more embarrasing. They could it at Wigan or Ipswich where there''s no fans or atmosphere or entertainment. But not at a stadium that''s been sold out for nearly ten seasons running.

I say get some some fit 21 year old cheer leaders and let off some fireworks before a game if you want razzmatazz. Not some fool with a mic shouting over a crummy PA. and turn down the per game music too. It''s annoying.

Bah humbug.

[quote user="Stig"] Gettind rid of Holt is one thing, but getting rid of the music in the same summer is another thing entirely..[/quote]

Combined with the kit change its almost too much to handle!

Please for the love of god get rid.

Every time we score a goal it is almost always soured (not totally,of course) by the cringeworthy music and ''na na na na'' screeching coming from the stands. 321 is horrible as well since it is making OTBC sound like it is meant to sung only if you''re on speed.

We should have got rid of goal music many a moon ago.

Whats wrong with the goal music, should and often gets drowned out by the crowd anyway. That said, I sort of agree regarding the OTBC and think its passed its sell buy......

Would love some top quality professional standard cheerleaders, but suspect we would end up getting a collection of incontinent Norfolk Dumplings in ill fitting onecies with yellow & green teeth! 

The goal music is synonymous with success and on that basis I say "keep it". It''s a jubilant song and everyone around me in the Upper Barclay seem to react perfectly well when we score...

I quite like the goal music and we''ve had it for so long now it would seem strange if a goal wasn''t immediately followed by it.

I also know for a fact that it winds away fans up ....reason enough to keep it?

as has been discussed though , nothing tops cringeworthy-ness like the 321 otbc countdown......I have to look away in shame from away fans when this happens through sheer embarrassment.

On a slightly different tangent re: pre-match procedures, another thing , which we stopped doing a few seasons back now and I''ve never been able to get to the bottom of why.....is why aren''t the opposition substitutes announced/displayed on the scoreboard before the game?....It might just be nice to know who the away team may have on their bench to bring on??

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]On a slightly different tangent re: pre-match procedures, another thing , which we stopped doing a few seasons back now and I''ve never been able to get to the bottom of why.....is why aren''t the opposition substitutes announced/displayed on the scoreboard before the game?....It might just be nice to know who the away team may have on their bench to bring on??[/quote]

I''ve wondered this too. Most other teams do it. Surely wouldn''t take much effort to say/put up a couple more names

I''d get rid of both. I hate both.

The 321 not least because hardly anyone even joins in these days