Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Norwich on Sky!

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Villa, Stoke, Chelsea and West Ham all live on TV[/quote]

Hooray![Y]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]At least it''s not at the Britannia Stadium I guess

[/quote]Appears I''m wrong... 1.30pm kick off at the Britanni..... Oh Joys

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]At least it''s not at the Britannia Stadium I guess

[/quote]

Appears I''m wrong... 1.30pm kick off at the Britanni..... Oh Joys[/quote]

That may put a dent in our away attendance for that game.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Huzzah!

I''ll be in the first row every week! [;)]
[/quote]

Providing the impending court case doesn''t scupper it![:@]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What?

Is Unhinged about to be thrown into Jail?

Do not pass Go, do not collect £200 and do not watch Sky

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What?

[/quote]

Even if it is via First Row! [:P]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Huzzah!I''ll be in the first row every week! [;)][/quote]

[/quote]

What?

[/quote]

Even if it is via First Row! [:P]

[/quote]I ain''t dun nuffink! [;)]

Being an ex-pat means I miss out on live matches at Carrow Road....BUT, the good thing is I get to see EVERY City game home and away live on TV over here in the UAE and all for less than UKP 100 a season.....doesnt beat being in the ground, but a nice consolation. 

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wont... close it down and 10 more will spring up, there is nothing the courts can do and they aren''t going to win... the pirate bay is a case in point, it still exists and allows users to visit and do as they please. ISP''s could be asked to block certain sites but once again (using pirate bay as an example) proxy and mirror sites mean it''s all rather pointless...

Of course Sky and BT could work with these sites to see how they could offer affordable, cheap service online to non-customers... but then maybe that''s too easy.

Should streaming sites be closed or should the authorities go after those who are streaming the games TO the site?

If it could be stopped it would have been by now...

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Villa, Stoke, Chelsea and West Ham all live on TV[/quote]

Great, the first three are games we''re likely to lose. And why West Ham at home again like last season? Mix it up a bit Sky!

As I pressed ''post'' I remembered I watched the West Ham match live in Ibiza, and was on an Arab station. Was it on Sky too?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wont... close it down and 10 more will spring up, there is nothing the courts can do and they aren''t going to win...

[/quote]

You are right, you just won''t stop it...

Hardly the most exciting selections (Chelsea aside), with the usual pick of Villa because of Lambert AGAIN...Chances are that we''ll only get another 2-3 games over the rest of the season and they''ll probably be against teams like Palace or Hull...Thank god I stopped paying for SKY Sports some time ago [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Thank god I stopped paying for SKY Sports some time ago [:D][/quote]If everyone was the same as you, SKY would stop showing games therefore there would be no dodgy streams and you would have to start going to games if you wanted to see City. I bet your Burberry cap and Henri LLoyd jacket are counterfeit too! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]If everyone was the same as you, SKY would stop showing games therefore there would be no dodgy streams and you would have to start going to games if you wanted to see City.[/quote]You''ve lost me there Lapps.The entire reason I stopped paying for SKY sports was because of how shafted we got in regards to number of games shown vs the cost of the service and the coverage other sides get in comparison.I don''t consider £240 a year to represent good value for watching my team FIVE times (equivalent to £48 per game), especially when for the exact same total price a Liverpool fan got to see FIFTEEN games instead (equivalent to £16 per game)...As for having to going to games to see us play, finances and geography dictate otherwise as it costs me well over £100 for a home game regardless of whether I drive or get a train, and there really aren''t many away games that are local to me in Rotherham anymore (Hull and Manchester are probably the closest, one of which is a dump and I have no chance of getting tickets for the Manc clubs).If SKY offered a service where I could pay £20 a month to watch each of our games, then I''d be biting their hand off and getting it added to my existing package ASAP, but they don''t and I refuse to be ripped off in the meantime...