Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Hooper on his way - senior sources

I know we have RvW but I wish we''d have the same persistance as we did in January and get hooper! Him RVW, redmond snoddy wes fer - good base and that''s with out defenders! Think if we get hooper were going to push alot higher than 10th I''d like to think

[quote user=" wolfswinkel "]I know we have RvW but I wish we''d have the same persistance as we did in January and get hooper! Him RVW, redmond snoddy wes fer - good base and that''s with out defenders! Think if we get hooper were going to push alot higher than 10th I''d like to think[/quote]In your dreams.  The highest we could achieve would be 7th as the top six is really a given but with Hughton''s philosophy of settling for draws there''s not a chance. 

7th would be awesome! I''m not saying we''re going to get top 4, but look at Newcastle a few years back?! They made it into Europe! I know Hughtons philosophy as your saying but I think we may be surprised this season and go for a bit more attacking play, last 2 games of season we attacked and won. I know both teams were '' on holiday mode '' but 4-0 against WBA who had a good season and 3-2 away t the etihad speaks volumes to me

Hughtons philosophy? You are basing this on one season at Norwich (our highest finish in 19 years btw) despite his previous 4 seasons or so at different clubs his clubs played all out attacking football. Don''t understand your logic

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user=" wolfswinkel "]I know we have RvW but I wish we''d have the same persistance as we did in January and get hooper! Him RVW, redmond snoddy wes fer - good base and that''s with out defenders! Think if we get hooper were going to push alot higher than 10th I''d like to think[/quote]

In your dreams.  The highest we could achieve would be 7th as the top six is really a given but with Hughton''s philosophy of settling for draws there''s not a chance. 
[/quote]

Sigh - and I thought the whole CH bashing had gone away!

If you really and honestly think that the highest that we could ever achieve is 7th then you have a very morbid outlook on life. What about Newcastle 2 seasons ago? They had the belief to say "yes we can" (in best Bob the Builder traditions) and they did - and finished 5th! Look at West Brom last season - flirting with the top 6 for most of the season - do you see their supporters doffing their collective caps and apologising for having the temerity to be amongst the "big boys"?

For info, your assertion that the top 6 is a given - who do you believe it has been given to? Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, ..... oops, that''s 7 already!

This season there are no "givens" - except that out of the top 4 Arsenal are the most settled and are probably one of the favourites for the title. As for the rest - the old guard has changed at both Manchester clubs, Everton look to be out of it, Liverpool have the Suarez "issue" to deal with and as for Spurs - if Bale goes then that''s it for them. So, pray tell me why would it be out of the bounds of possibility for us to have a top 6 finish?

I really like CH he done a fantastic job finishing 11th, but didn''t we all moan about our style of play sometimes? Home 0-0''s against Newcastle, Fulham, Southampton, away loss to Wigan, Liverpool stuffing us twice. But I''m not saying is all bad as you say, home wins vs united, arsenal, away win at man city, it just seems like we''re scared of the teams around us and go for it against higher teams, also CH isn''t scared of spending the money we''ve got! For ages I''ve wanted us to get a few good strong signings.

[quote user="wolfswinkel"]I really like CH he done a fantastic job finishing 11th, but didn''t we all moan about our style of play sometimes? Home 0-0''s against Newcastle, Fulham, Southampton, away loss to Wigan, Liverpool stuffing us twice. But I''m not saying is all bad as you say, home wins vs united, arsenal, away win at man city, it just seems like we''re scared of the teams around us and go for it against higher teams, also CH isn''t scared of spending the money we''ve got! For ages I''ve wanted us to get a few good strong signings.[/quote]Here''s a controversial and radical thought.Rather than CH always playing the same brand of football, perhaps he got the squad he inherited to play one way - and with the squad he''s building, he''ll get them to play a different way?His Birmingham side scored loads of goals to finish in the Champs playoffs.

Hooper......the one signing I''m longing for City to make.

Well we need at least one more qualty striker and looks like Hooper has had enough of Celtic and can not believe he wants Champs qpr when he has a chance to shine in Premier League.

This signing and one more young lower league striker for future and as sub to come on would be great squad

Wiz, me too.....I get this feeling that he would be a huge success for us, like what I have seen of him on highlights and he will be on a mission no doubt to get himself into the England squad.

Still though, I continue to believe that even with a significantly strengthened squad we will end up around the same position or slightly less this season due to the quality of the rest of this league, excluding maybe three or four teams.

[quote user="Wiz"]Hooper......the one signing I''m longing for City to make.[/quote]Agreed, sometimes you just get a feeling and I have a feeling the guy is born to score goals.

I still believe he will joinThere is NO WAY McNally and Hughton let Jackson / Holt and Vaughan go without having a replacement nearly ready to sign.

I wish I had faith of others here that Hoops done deal , this went wrong before and if Benteke really leaves Villa then can see Lambert sneaking in with real cash in hand.

If houghton wants Hoops need to sort it soon otherwise we will back to Jan sniffing around for a second choice one!

CJ, I don''t think Lambert will get the full Benteke transfer fee for a replacement. And if Lennon keeps up with his farcical high valuation of Hooper, he''s going nowhere.

His ability to score goals is undoubted, at all levels. As a Celtic fan, i''m still not sure what will happen with Hooper. With Wanyama signing for Southampton for £12.5m I think we will now offer him one final contract offer. If he turns it down he will be away, but he won''t leave until after the Champions League qualifiers, so he may well end up a Norwich player this summer, but don''t expect it until later in the window.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Why would he wait that long though? What if you qualified for the later stages again? He would want to stay a bit longer surely?[/quote]He wouldn''t have the choice, it would be Celtic''s choice to wait till the qualifiers are over with. Qualification is worth £10m+ to us (Last season we made £28m from the CL) that is worth more than Hooper, and we have a hell of a better chance of qualification with him in the team.