SUBS:

GK: Rudd

DF: Turner

DF/LW: Olsson

MF: Howson/Johnson

MF: Redmond

MF/ST: Toivonen

ST: Hooper

This is how i reckon we will line-up bearing we capture the signings we are heavily linked with.  I still think we will play one up front as RVW is used to that role and scores plenty up top by himself.  He will get plenty of service from that midfield as well as the defence getting the cover they require from fer and Tettey with Fer having more of a license to get forward too.

Hooper will be an option from the bench as a 4-4-2 if needed or to replace RVW.

Redmond and Olsson will offer pace and trickery down the flanks if Pilks/Snoddy are having off game or tiring and Mr Toivonen as a direct replacement for Hoolahan (although Toivonen is now becoming the least flattering of the transfers we are linked with due to dragging his heels as much as he is).

What do others think the line-up will be?

We''re going to recall Rudd from his season long loan before he gets to play, just to put him on the bench?

Fer sounds like an upgraded Tettey, from what i''ve read. So don''t see those two playing together unless necessary. Plus Hughton likes Johnson. It''ll be Johnson or Howson alongside Fer. Perhaps both.

And considering how Toivonen has seemingly either still not made his mind up or just don''t want to move here, if he does, it won''t be to be on the bench.

[quote user="CanaryDodge84"]

-------------------------Ruddy--------------------------

Martin------Alderweireld-----Bassong-------Garrido

-------------------Fer----------Tettey-------------------

Snodgrass-------------Hoolahan-------------Pilkington

-------------------Van Wolfswinkel--------------------

SUBS:

GK: Rudd

DF: Turner

MF: Howson/Johnson

MF: Redmond

MF/ST: Toivonen

ST: Hooper

This is how i reckon we will line-up bearing we capture the signings we are heavily linked with.  I still think we will play one up front as RVW is used to that role and scores plenty up top by himself.  He will get plenty of service from that midfield as well as the defence getting the cover they require from fer and Tettey with Fer having more of a license to get forward too.

Hooper will be an option from the bench as a 4-4-2 if needed or to replace RVW.

Redmond and Olsson will offer pace and trickery down the flanks if Pilks/Snoddy are having off game or tiring and Mr Toivonen as a direct replacement for Hoolahan (although Toivonen is now becoming the least flattering of the transfers we are linked with due to dragging his heels as much as he is).

What do others think the line-up will be?

[/quote]Fer would be the upgrade to Tettey, aka they are both box to box midfielder.

Assuming we go with what we have at the time of writing this, I''d go with yours, but with Howson in for Tettey and Turner in for Alderweireld

[quote user="splutcho"]Assuming we go with what we have at the time of writing this, I''d go with yours, but with Howson in for Tettey and Turner in for Alderweireld[/quote]Or         Johnson- Anchorman Fer- Box to box  Howson - Attacking midfielder/Inside forward

If we don''t sign another AM I can see a three man midfield of Johnson/Fer/Howson. Also gives Surman a role, think he''d do better in a 3 man central midfield.

[quote user="SYG"]Really can''t see Tettey starting to much[/quote]He''ll be back up to fer, I think his injuries have plagued him.

When you''ve got these kind of threads, or just predicting how much a player will start some people quite blatantly get caught up in how much they rate a player.

I don''t think it''d be too outrageous to suggest from the evidence we have Hughton prefers Johnson to Tettey. You can bring in what ever stats you like to make Tettey sound like the better player, but ultimately Johnson never made way for Howson, Tettey did. (And I know Tettey had injury problems, but Bassong was always straight back in after injury, Pilks pretty much was too).

Its like the Martin/Whittaker ''debate'' many swear blind Whittaker is better, but i''m fairly sure Whittaker wasn''t injured for that long once he was out of team at end of 10 game unbeaten run. But never got ahead of Martin and managed a game or two at LB. So if Whittaker is so much better why wasn''t he able to show that in training to get the chance to win his place back?

It''s not that I don''t rate Johnson, I still think there''s a place for him in the squad. It''s just from what I''ve seen Fer is an upgrade, and I''d struggle to leave Howson out after his finish to last season.

[quote user="splutcho"]It''s not that I don''t rate Johnson, I still think there''s a place for him in the squad. It''s just from what I''ve seen Fer is an upgrade, and I''d struggle to leave Howson out after his finish to last season.[/quote]Like ive said before tettey and fer are both box to box, it will be very unlikely to play both in the same team.

Johnson might not be able to pass but he is useful to win the ball back and making tackles and also for protecting the back four.

I think this is Howson''s season, Id certainally put him in there instead of Hoolahan. His link up play not only RVW but Snoddy/Pilks will be key for us this year and will be the difference between coming 16th to coming 7th/8th.

Assuming all go''s well with Fer id start him alongside the consistand Johnson.

Ruddy, Bassong and Olsson pick themselves for me. Assuming the boy from Ajax doesnt come Id start with Turner and Whittaker RB. Though I would like to see another RB come in, maybe Byram from Leeds or Naughton.

Johnson                 Fer                          HowsonSnodgrass                       Pilkington                    RVW

[quote user="CanaryDodge84"]

-------------------------Ruddy--------------------------

Martin------Turner-----Bassong-------Garrido

-------------------Johnson----------Howson-------------------

Snodgrass-------------Hoolahan-------------Pilkington

-------------------Van Wolfswinkel--------------------

SUBS:

GK: Bunn

DF: Whittaker

MF: Tettey

MF: Redmond/Bennett

MF/ST: New signing

ST: Becchio

[/quote]

A few changes in red above. I''ll never count my chickens before they hatch so if they haven''t signed, they''re not in. However Fer for me would start over Howson in DMF should he sign and would join Tettey on the bench.

Toivonen isn''t signing, so let''s forget about him. Same with Alderweireld.

Hooper might sign and would start on the bench meaning Becchio would drop off.

I''m unsure who would make the bench over Bennett and Redmond, but Bennett has more experience so I maybe feel he''d get the spot whist Redmond develops.

Who have I forgotten?

Toivonen has rejected us hasn''t he? Alderweireld will too eventually. Think we can rule those two out.

if we do eventually sign Alderweireld, N''Doye, Toivonen Fer then this would be my starting 11...

[URL=http://s277.photobucket.com/user/corolla-jay/media/Snapbucket/BBA8396A.jpg.html][IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk79/corolla-jay/Snapbucket/BBA8396A.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Be ironic how if we do eventually get fer his first game will be against everton must be worth a quid or two to score or when Get the winner