Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Strikers?

Been some excellent signing so far, but will feel much happier when we get a couple more strikers in.

The Hooper saga seems to be rumbling on and Toivenen deal is dragging on too.

If neither of these come off I wonder who else Hughton and Mcnally have on their shopping list?

My guess is Hooper will come off but I suspect the other one may be dead in the water, we shall see.  We do need 2 more though now with the departure of Holt

It is getting so boring reading posts and tweets sounding like spoilt children crying "Mummy, I want a striker and I want it now". At least the OP has put the point adultly but elsewhere it''s getting silly.

Of course we will sign strikers. Only an idiot would go into a season with two strikers and McNally and Hughton are definitely not idiots.

Also, before someone throws last summer at me, we tried to buy strikers but it wasn''t a priority at the time because we still had the successful strike force from the previous season. This is so different

Have to admit, the Toivonen, N''Doye and Hooper deals are looking bleak. I wonder what other names we have in the hat?

The way I see it is that we need at least 4 strikers and maybe a Toivonen type and we have 2 so far.

Goal Getter: RVW

Aerial Threat/ Worker: Becchio

Pace/ skill: (insert name here)

Jack of all trades: (insert name here)

Dynamic Attacking mid/ Centre Forward: (insert name here)

There is plenty of time left yet to sign 2 quality strikers and I have no doubt that will happen.

As for the Murphy twins, if you watched the FA Youth Cup SEmis and Final the I am sure you will have seen plenty of potential but two youngsters way off being ready to play with the big boys.

As I have said from previous winter window we need only 3 strikers on our pay roll if we play with 1 up front. So one is needed now that we dont have Holt anymore. Hopefuly he is bit more "special" than Hooper is.

Then few players that can play striker if needed in most urgent case. Like we at the moment have Redmont and Pilkington who have played there few times in past.

In my opinion our biggest need still is attacking middlefielder. (Like Toivonen would be) Who can make the play and score some goals. Ofc he could play at top too, but his best position is behind striker.

I believe it will be Hooper +1 other (Not so well known, young hnger striker)Only wish that +1 was Grant Holt

There''s not really plenty of time though. We head off to the States soon with just 2 strikers on the books (1 of which if Colin is to be believed we didn''t really want in the first place) and we''re just 5 weeks away from the start of the season.

An injury to RVW in the States and we''re looking at Loza or Morris. Not really an ideal situation.

We need to get at least 1 in before the tour.

The murphy twins. LOL!!

Hopefully that was a joke!

Hooper = Sunday league footballer. No good

Toivanien = twat. Feels he''s too good for us. Wrong type of player.

Fer = failed a medical at Everton. Is he really that good? No improvement to what we''ve got.

Weeks to go yet. There will be players come in much better than the above

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]There''s not really plenty of time though. We head off to the States soon with just 2 strikers on the books (1 of which if Colin is to be believed we didn''t really want in the first place) and we''re just 5 weeks away from the start of the season. An injury to RVW in the States and we''re looking at Loza or Morris. Not really an ideal situation. We need to get at least 1 in before the tour.[/quote]

No need to panic, Kei is waiting to join the lads in the states [;)]

Three strikers only could be potentially disastrous. We have to allow for injuries, suspensions, loss of form.