Sign in to follow this  
E.L.F.

21 September - City v Villa AND Iron Maiden at the Oval Rock House

Back home for a month in September/October and the other half reads this story in the old evening news. Are you kidding me? It almost makes me want to return home for good. God damn, I love Norwich!

They, Maiden ,used to be there a lot as the pub was owned and run by their roadies, v v sad that its no longer there

How are they gonna fit the City v Villa game in the Oval Rock House with the roadies setting up at the same time? Maybe I misunderstood the title.

They played the Oval Rock House once as the "Nodding Donkeys", I believe.  I used to be quite a fan, but I was a teenager so that was allowed.  Snow-wash denim on denim.  Yeah, baby!

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]They played the Oval Rock House once as the "Nodding Donkeys", I believe. I used to be quite a fan, but I was a teenager so that was allowed. Snow-wash denim on denim. Yeah, baby![/quote]

Seen them a few times in Canada during their prime but nothing beats a live band in a small venue. Looking forward to it.

Thanks Tilly, Yeah my brother just told me earlier today, a tad disappointed but I''m sure it''s going to be a blast. Never been to the original, brother said it was brilliant venue. Cheers!

lol do people still listen to iron maiden ? havnt they had about 20 different members now.... all a bit 80s poodle perms tight stone wash jeans white t shirts and pointy headstocks isnt it ?

For 1) Iron Maiden have not been announced to be playing the re-union show... they did so a few times to help out ex-roadie chris at the oval rockhouse (as he owned it at the time,and is now out of the business and in no way linked with the reunion), its just a bunch of speculation.... and 2) they have pretty much since their mainstream success in the 70''s had the same line up and are not back to classic line-up.

*Gets coat

I was looking at the Iron Maiden tour the other day and i''m sure they''re in South America on the night the Oval reopens.

They''ve not had loads of different members, singer-wise they started with Paul Di''anno but he was replaced by Bruce Dickinson after two albums. Bruce left in the 90s to pursue solo stuff but came back. Blaze Bayley then took his place for a bit. Adrian Smith & Janick Gers haven''t always been there but have for a long time now. As for Nicki McBrain he''s been drumming since Clive Burr left ages ago. Steve Harris and Dave Murray have been there since the beginning I believe.

They were absolute awesome at Donington in 2003!