Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

Toivanon has turned us down

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]There''s nothing wrong with him not wanting to come here or to weigh up his options, but being professional you''d just keep quiet. I cant help but feel he seems abit of a big mouth and we might just have dodged a bullet. Of course he could turn out to be amazing but that''s football.[/quote]

Based on what? Since we became interested he has made two statements only as far as I can see. One that he didn''t know much about Norwich City because he didn''t have the TV channels that showed English football. Secondly that he was interested enough in joining us to have talks to discuss our offer.

Pff I hate when someone just dont simply jump into our lap and do what we want and after that he is "cheat" or "arsehole".

Toivonen is decent player. Probably second best from the names that we have signed or linked this year after RvW. (Yes he is better than Fer at the moment, deal with hit. Fer thought will become better player in future if his developement continues.)

He doesnt have most diplomatical personality, but did Mad Marc Tierney? Still we liked him after he signed.

I at least see it only honest that you think your choises trough and after making the choise you dedicate yourself for that matter.

As Alan Gray said and I have said on other thread they are humans and this is their profession.

He is 27, he has skills for playing for one of the clubs that can offer him Europe and more wage next year than we do.

You remember how well Ajax played against us in previous pre-season where we looked like totally out of their league? PSV is almost equal with them so moving for "smaller" club, but bigger league isnt easy choise either.

Further we go in the ranks of footbal clubs more familiar this comes for us. Bigger the player quality is, bigger his demands are. It is quite much same in every business and sad as it is football is business these days.

Show some respect for the guy as he havent disprespect us anyway yet and most of you havent even seen him speaking ever.

[quote user="Indy"]

I still can''t see that anyone should take anything press dish out with any truth!

Today should give us an idea of them singing for us. All three have been ongoing for over two weeks and should be tied down by now or we might as well go onto plan B and that''s what I think McNally & Hughton are doing, by saying the press have not even linked us to the players the are looking to bring in.

[/quote]

Yeah I reckon by end of play today we''ll know whether Tov, Fer & The Ajax lad are going to be signing for us.

I''m confident of signing all three.

In the Dutch press today.Norwich awaits ''yes'' ToivonenNorwich City remain hopeful for the arrival of Ola Toivonen. The

club from the Premier League has announced that it is still open to a

"yes" the Swede, who three weeks ago was an offer but so far does not

want to go. PSV to
PSV and Norwich have agreed a transfer fee of around 5.7 million.© AFP.http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/11264/TransferTalk/article/detail/3474565/2013/07/12/TT-Norwich-wacht-op-Toivonen-Ajax-akkoord-met-8-miljoen.dhtmlPerhaps he is just waiting to see who else we sign before he commits? This wouldnt be unreasonable and if we get one big signing after RVW, there is a much better chance of others also taking the plunge.