Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Macheda

I know he wasn''t all that at QPR but if we could get him on the cheap, he''s only 21, has a lot of talent and has shown it at VFB Stuttgart.

The striker hunt semmingly continues to frustrate and here''s a realistic option.

That''s only 2 of my suggestions and they''d be a back up player. I doubt Macheda would be terrible anyway. Who would you suggest?

For the right price I actually think Macheda would be a good addition / option.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I know he wasn''t all that at QPR but if we could get him on the cheap, he''s only 21, has a lot of talent and has shown it at VFB Stuttgart. The striker hunt semmingly continues to frustrate and here''s a realistic option.[/quote]

To quote City 1st ''eh?''

Macheda played 14 games at Stuttgart, didn''t score a single goal and they decided not to take up their option to purchase. I think he is someone worth keeping well clear of.

I think we need options and I believe Macheda has potential under the right management. If we could add to the front line without spending millions then why not, Hooper & Macheda would not be bad IMO.

What about Bednar, not really made it anywhere he''s gone out on loan from Arsenal, yet could be a great player if he could get his act together. Is he worth a loan with option to buy? Would he come?

Bendtner you mean? I used to defend him to the hills but he''s done nothing for a couple of seasons now. Low wages and free transfer maybe, but i''d rather not.

Lol!

Jimmy - you need to be a bit careful.

Macheda - last two seasons:

2012 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 3 (0)

2013 → VfB Stuttgart (loan) 14 (0)

All be it that he is only 21.

Bendtner - last two seasons:

2011–2012 → Sunderland (loan) 28 (8)

2012–2013 → Juventus (loan) 9 (0)

Surprisingly perhaps, Bendtner is only 25.

If I was given a choice between the two for the same wages and price I would have to say I would go for Bedtner. Much more proven.

If we are to go for a relatively untried youngster with potential I''d rather Loza or somebody like that given a chance first. Just as much of a risk, only little cost.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"] he''s only 21, has a lot of talent  .[/quote]

Has he?

Looks to me like he was probably good at his age group when he was younger but probably doesn''t have enough about him to make it at the top level.

Had then. Just a passing suggestion. We could be his last shot at the big time. He looked good in his earlier days.

[quote user="GJP"]Looks to me like he was probably good at his age group when he was younger but probably doesn''t have enough about him to make it at the top level.[/quote]Exactly my view as well GJP.Macheda has flopped massively since his move to Man Utd, has failed to impress on ANY of his loans either, and whilst he could still go on to have a decent career, he''s clearly not good enough for the top level and therefore not someone who should even be on our shortlist...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]That''s only 2 of my suggestions and they''d be a back up player. I doubt Macheda would be terrible anyway. Who would you suggest?[/quote]

That''s an easy one. Cody Mcdonald, of course.