Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

My take on the dragging feet

People are getting a ltitle anxious (understandably) because players we are linked with want time to think.

Clearly they are holding out in case a bigger club (Liverpool etc) come calling. And, be reasonable, that is fair enough given that they dont support NCFC.

The good news is that if nobody comes calling then we will be in pole position with all the paperwork ready. Doubtless we will lose out on one or other but may hit lucky.

This is our A list and it is the most ambitious I can ever remember. Fer and Alderwielde are HUGE. We are in with a shout and that is amazing... we may have to settle for the B list which includes Hooper et al.

I smell agents everywhere. In trying to fish out big clubs by annoncing they "might" come to us and in announcing QPR etc are ready to move for Hooper to flush us out.

There is a food chain and we are just one link. And wanting to push on is always tougher than standing still. We need a calibre who will not necessarily jump for joy at our calling...

I completely agree. I think none of us really know how transfers actually work in real-life. Maybe players have to check with the missus? Say their goodbyes to all their friends? Go house-hunting before they agree to a move? Maybe their agents are hard to get hold of because they''re trying to get their bigger clients to bigger clubs?

They probably heard that Holt''s family hated living in Norfolk and are waiting for an offer in a nicer part of the country.

[quote user="paul moy"]They probably heard that Holt''s family hated living in Norfolk and are waiting for an offer in a nicer part of the country. [/quote]

A Dutchman would find the flatlands of Norfolk more like home than Cumbria?

To be honest, it''s no different to previous years, the only difference this time is the amount of media interest, both in the UK and in Europe.

I remember Bradley Johnson doing a tour of clubs two years ago, and multiple clubs agreed a fee for Billy Sharp from Doncaster. Whilst we''d like to do our business in secret, the agents are always touting for a bigger move (and bigger commission).

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="paul moy"]They probably heard that Holt''s family hated living in Norfolk and are waiting for an offer in a nicer part of the country. [/quote]

A Dutchman would find the flatlands of Norfolk more like home than Cumbria?[/quote]He''s probably looking for somewhere with lots of canals, bike lanes and tulip. 

[quote user="Dean Coney''s boots"]People are getting a ltitle anxious (understandably) because players we are linked with want time to think.

Clearly they are holding out in case a bigger club (Liverpool etc) come calling. And, be reasonable, that is fair enough given that they dont support NCFC.

The good news is that if nobody comes calling then we will be in pole position with all the paperwork ready. Doubtless we will lose out on one or other but may hit lucky.

This is our A list and it is the most ambitious I can ever remember. Fer and Alderwielde are HUGE. We are in with a shout and that is amazing... we may have to settle for the B list which includes Hooper et al.

I smell agents everywhere. In trying to fish out big clubs by annoncing they "might" come to us and in announcing QPR etc are ready to move for Hooper to flush us out.

There is a food chain and we are just one link. And wanting to push on is always tougher than standing still. We need a calibre who will not necessarily jump for joy at our calling...[/quote

I just said almost the same thing on the Quagliarella thread. We''re shopping amongst the snooty now...