Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

yet another name? Alderweireld of Ajax

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Agreeing a deal with Ajax for Alderweireld was always going to be easy - convincing the player to leave the Dutch Champions and Champions League Football is going to be the tricky part.[/quote]

We once sent one of our not needed players there!(Colin)

Yes we do. Bassong and turner are quality together, but both spent time out injured last season. It''d be nice to not panic as soon as one of those two is out for a fortnight. To be honest, I can''t believe some of the players we''re after. A real step up from what we''re used to.

£6.9m agreed but sounds like personal terms won''t work out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2361735/Norwich-agree-6-9m-fee-Ajax-defender-Toby-Alderweireld.html

So he said ''I do not want to play in an English club to mid-table.'' In that case he can F- off. We don''t want some dithering idiot who doesn''t really want to play for us coming here.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]So he said ''I do not want to play in an English club to mid-table.'' In that case he can F- off. We don''t want some dithering idiot who doesn''t really want to play for us coming here.[/quote]Yeah that was a direct quote and not conjecture from the Daily Fail. Idiot.

It wasn''t a quote in reference to a move to Norwich either. It was said at least three months ago http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2306186/Ajax-Belgium-defender-Toby-Alderweireld-gives-green-light-Liverpool-move.html

He may have changed his opinion.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]So he said ''I do not want to play in an English club to mid-table.'' In that case he can F- off. We don''t want some dithering idiot who doesn''t really want to play for us coming here.[/quote]People with this attitude are really stupid, do you really think players dreamt of playing for clubs like Man City and Chelsea who up until recently had similar if not smaller fan bases than us? Of course not, they go there because they will earn huge money.Nobody from abroad is going to set his sights on playing for Norwich, what will tempt them is premiership football and high wages

A player needs to say yes or no. If he''s dithering then he''s no use to us. We need hungry players who actually want to play for us if we don''t want to be the next QPR.

One of the biggest possible signings ever for Norwich City... wants a few more days to decide the entire future of his career...and a few morons on here use a Daily Mail quote (taken from when he was linked with Liverpool) to slate him.We really do have them on here don''t we !!

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]It wasn''t a quote in reference to a move to Norwich either. It was said at least three months ago http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2306186/Ajax-Belgium-defender-Toby-Alderweireld-gives-green-light-Liverpool-move.html

He may have changed his opinion.[/quote]

Indeed. Marc "I''ll never play for Norwich" Tierney and Alan "I''d never play for Man U" Smith come to mind...

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]One of the biggest possible signings ever for Norwich City... wants a few more days to decide the entire future of his career...and a few morons on here use a Daily Mail quote (taken from when he was linked with Liverpool) to slate him.We really do have them on here don''t we !![/quote]It''s true the Daily Mail is a crap newspaper, but maybe the Daily Star is closer to your intellectual level so here you go:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/326057/Norwich-pip-Liverpool-to-Ajax-star-Toby-Alderweireld/The only morons on here are those who abuse fellow fans for expressing a different opinion.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]One of the biggest possible signings ever for Norwich City... wants a few more days to decide the entire future of his career...and a few morons on here use a Daily Mail quote (taken from when he was linked with Liverpool) to slate him.We really do have them on here don''t we !![/quote]It''s true the Daily Mail is a crap newspaper, but maybe the Daily Star is closer to your intellectual level so here you go:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/326057/Norwich-pip-Liverpool-to-Ajax-star-Toby-Alderweireld/The only morons on here are those who abuse fellow fans for expressing a different opinion.[/quote]The original quote was used before Norwich even showed any interesting in AlderweireldHe has since said that we are ambitious and a definite option.Links to the Daily Star and Daily Mail. Oh Boy... bet your a binner !

@davidmcnally62: “@hughfranklin666: Mail Online quote interview with Alderwierld in it he states he doesn''t want join midtable team” ah,must be true then

The Times are saying tomorrow that Alderweireld has turned us down, despite fee being agreed. To be fair, I do know the reporter and he is a bit of a mong so he''s probably guessing - they don''t have a reporter in Norwich.

Might just be my long shift at work talking but DAMN!!! I am so bored of this already. The impatience on here is ridiculous, at the moment he either is or isn''t coming and that is the same for Fer and Toivonen and until the twitter announcement we won''t know otherwise and neither will some newspaper journalist so bog off with the same quotes being translated a billion different ways!

Yes that was his reply. I may just be clutching at straws here but I interpreted his response as quite promising (i.e Alderweireld hasn''t turned us down and McNally seems quite confident)