Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

yet another name? Alderweireld of Ajax

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why was starting CB a key position for you?

CB is easily our strongest position for me. The only slight worry is we were rubbish whenever Bassong wasn''t playing. But Turner and Bennett were both very good alongside him, and I don''t think we''ll be able to keep both and sign a new starting CB, as they''ll be wanting first team football as they both proved last season they are good enough for it.[/quote]

I think you just answered your own question.

Wingers - Pilks - Benno, - Redmond - Snodgrass

Forwards - Holt - Wolfswinkel - Becchio - ( Reports )

Full Backs - Martin - Whittaker - Garrido - ( Reports)

Center Backs - Bennett - Bassong - Turner - ( Reports)

Midfielders (bearing CAM) - Johnson - Howson - Tetty - Butterfield....doubt it? - And now hearing reports of Fer and Toivonen..

So yeah, to me I''m not surprised we''re linked with him and I think it would be a top class signing.

green and yellow fellow wrote - "..And now hearing reports of Fer and Toivonen.. "

Have you been on holiday to Antarctica for the last few weeks?

since I posted this more and more sites have popped up with it.

has the agent just released our bid to make liverpool hurry up? who knows?

could we take a player from both everton and liverpool? that would make me extremely happy ;) all of merseyside pissed at us!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Do you really think that if there was no truth in this that the Agent would have lied and risked being taken to Court?[/quote]Taken to court for what?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Do you really think that if there was no truth in this that the Agent would have lied and risked being taken to Court?[/quote]

Where was the mention of no truth? I just think he is using our interest, which is as far as I can tell all it is, to get bids from other more attractive clubs or to speed them up

I''d assume that the arrival of Alderweireld would see the departure of Leon Barnett, and probably Daniel Ayala. Both Championship players so another clear improvement in the squad. I don''t think the argument has to be whether Turner is good enough, should concentrate on who aren''t good enough - and two of the four or five players in our 25 that aren''t Prem class happen to be centre backs.

Don''t see it as i said in other thread but he is a good centre half. Excellent on the ball which would be wasted if the rest of the team''s passing is as awful as it was for large chunks of last season.

Would be a good contrast to the physicality of Bassong but I think he''ll go to Liverpool

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]What about Ayala??[/quote]
What about him? He''s not good enough, simple as. One of Lamberts poorer signings. 

pilksfanclub wrote - "Where was the mention of no truth? I just think he is using our interest, which is as far as I can tell all it is, to get bids from other more attractive clubs or to speed them up "

You said "I don''t see this"

To me it would appear that you did not believe it. We made an enquiry according to his Agent, what is there not "to see"?

"Norwich City have made contact with Ajax to enquire about Toby Alderweireld, the defender''s agent understands" - SSNhttp://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/8811407/Transfer-news-Norwich-linked-to-Ajax-defender-Toby-AlderweireldThey are fast this bunch!

"Center Backs"center, isn''t that  half man half horse creature...............or am I thinking of Holt ?

oh go on you''re just too funny.post up one of your amusing picture threads, because at the moment, i just can''t stop laughing

[quote user="City1st"]"Center Backs"center, isn''t that  half man half horse creature...............or am I thinking of Holt ?

[/quote]Think that''s a Centaur

Hope so. Would be a good signing for us, hopefully more news come tomorrow then.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8814155/No-Roma-or-Napoli-approach-for-Ajax-defender-Toby-Alderweireld

Centreback or left back?! I thought he was right sided..

[quote user="Wishbone"]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8814155/No-Roma-or-Napoli-approach-for-Ajax-defender-Toby-Alderweireld

Centreback or left back?! I thought he was right sided..[/quote]Pretty sure he is Right/Centre back.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/243580/Ajax-hoopt-ook-Sergi-Roberto-te-huren-van-Barcelona.htmThe article.Unfortunately my Dutch isn''t up to scratch

Know nothing about him but if he is better than what we have that can only be good. Hope he is unvieled with a forward now so we can move forward.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/243580/Ajax-hoopt-ook-Sergi-Roberto-te-huren-van-Barcelona.htmThe article.Unfortunately my Dutch isn''t up to scratch [/quote][quote]With Norwich City is Ajax negotiations began about Toby Alderweireld, whose contract expires in mid-2014. The English club has also been reported in the Belgian center-back.

This week will see Alderweireld with his father Vic and Sören Lerby

agent or a possible transition to Norwich suits his ambitions. (Simon Black Cross)
[/quote]