Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

yet another name? Alderweireld of Ajax

a friend who is currently in amsterdam has told me many people are up in arms that apparently he is seriously considering a move to Norwich.

I don''t know if it''s been in a paper or not, but the interwebs (the usual Bull, facebook, twitter, some obscure website.) seem to back it up.

personally haven''t seen enough of him to make a decision, just heard his name here and there. was linked with liverpool in the very recent past.

not sure what to make of another CB to be honest either, but would be an improvement.

Norwich City ended last season pretty as eleventh in the Premier League and seems determined to perform well this season. amends The Canaries broke their transfer record for Ricky van Wolfswinkel and now want Toby Alderweireld like to attract. The Belgian defender has indicated to take a new step and possibly bring him to Carrow Road.

Alderweireld was recently close to a transfer to Bayer Leverkusen , but the asking price of Ajax startled the German club off. According to various German media held the champions to a fixed amount of about 7.5 million and that was too much for something Leverkusen. People switched to Giulio Donati and decided to forget. Alderweireld Ajax remains nevertheless assume that there is a club that wants to take over Alderweireld.

Friday took the Mike van der Hoorn in as his replacement and possibly Ajax has acted quickly because a departure from the 24-year-old Alderweireld is imminent. Sören Lerby, the manager of the Belgian international, gives in De Telegraaf that he understands that Norwich City has sought contact with director of football affairs Marc Overmars from Ajax.

[url]http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=191360[/url]

-Google Translate

Unusual one this - there seems to be a lot written about it and from different sources. Too much to ignore and as much as I would love him here is a £9m CB one of our priorities? Perhaps we have more money than even I thought.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Oh my! Yes please to this guy! Amazing player but I would expect him to go to top 6 team.[/quote]

By signing players of similar high calibre to RVW Norwich could well become a top six team!

He is aged only 24,- it would be quite a signing if we could pull it off.

The fact that we have apparently made an enquiry is reassuring - the scouting system seem to have their ears to the ground!

Have the club decided on a new way of increasing revenue? First RVW, now Alderweireld. At a pound a letter on shirts, those two could make us a fortune!

Quite surprised of this one as Alderweireld ism''t really that rated yet, but has shown lot of promise.

He has lot of flaws in his game and dont know how well big bad strikers of Premier league would suit him.

Moisander was considered better of these two last season and he isn''t either that good for defend, but brilliant with ball,

Anyway I think this guy has big future front of him, but 9 million from him sounds quite big risk as I''m not really sure if he would be straight improvement what we have. (Well better with ball than Turner)

Where has £9m come from? The link I found quoted €7.5, which is just under £6.5m.

Players like Dwight Gayle and Andreas Cornelius have gone for more than that and have far less pedigree.

I''m wondering if Hoots sees Alderweireld as a holding midfielder? He''s decent with the ball and, in my humble opinion, cold do really well sitting in front of the centre-backs.

''Then the Leverkusen director Wolfgang Holzhäuser stated last week in the German media that Ajax’s asking price of €7.5 million was too high for the club, and they were trying to negotiate a lower fee.''

Seems Bayer weren''t willing to meet the asking price. He does only have a year left on his current deal.

I know there''s already a thread about this guy,  but i wanted to post the article for everyone to see. Would be a brilliant signing- he''s one of the new ''golden generation'' of Belgian footballers.  He''s a CB/RB, so i assume that means Whittaker would be the cover for Garrido.   OTBChttp://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/07/06/yes-theyve-spoken-to-marc-overmars-norwich-city-make-move-for-liverpool-target-toby-alderweireld/91351/

Trying to make sense of this deal. Don''t get me wrong I would be delighted if we signed him (even if it meant Turner wouldn''t play as much) but should we be spending so much on a player in possibly our stronger position? I''d rather see us sign an equally highly rated striker for the same price. Bidding on this guy as well as N''Doye, Fer, Toivonen, Olsson and Nash will add up to a lot of money. I didn''t think we had that much.

All I will say is don''t be fooled by the transfer fees quoted by the media! Also remember RVW transfer fee was paid out of last seasons budget. Remember who would have thought we would sign RVW with bigger clubs interested.

It''s up to the players attitude and ambition. Nathan is a fantastic acquisition for Norwich and has the right attitude and ambition to play first time football in the EPL.

Interesting times for the canaries and squad additions.

This would be a great signing, I know defence was our strongest position last season but an improvement would not hurt, as long as we still get our attacking targets or close to. Maybe we have more money at hand than us fans know or maybe CH has 100% available including this winters transfer budget but he is willing to get the most of his targets now and not save much for the Jan window.

If this is a genuine enquiry for us then it raises a few questions of course. Presumably he would go straight in alongside Seb which leaves Turner, Bennett, Barnett and Ayala all fighting for the bench. Martin would be best advised to fight for the RB slot as there would be too many dedicated CBs at the Club.

Do you really think that if there was no truth in this that the Agent would have lied and risked being taken to Court?

would be great, the key positions for me this summer were starting CB, forward and central midfielder.

COYY

Why was starting CB a key position for you?

CB is easily our strongest position for me. The only slight worry is we were rubbish whenever Bassong wasn''t playing. But Turner and Bennett were both very good alongside him, and I don''t think we''ll be able to keep both and sign a new starting CB, as they''ll be wanting first team football as they both proved last season they are good enough for it.

Would love a back 5 of                            RuddyByram    Bassong     Alderweireld     Olsson