Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Should all the rumours be true.....

Realistically how far can a team consisting of Ruddy, Bassong Alderweireld, Olsson, Fer, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Howson, Quagliarella and RVW go?Would our targets and expectancy for the season change? Would the Hughton doubters be jumping on his back after 3-5 games should things not start well?With all the changes in management, it is a perfect opportunity to ''have a go'' in what could be one of the most open and competitive Premier League seasons.Oh how the impatient Mr Lambert must be rueing his choice to go to a ''Big Club''

"Oh how the impatient Mr Lambert must be rueing his choice to go to a ''Big Club"err, it wasn''t quite that way round

I think with the existing defence we are hard to beat. With a little more firepower well wow. Feeling pretty hopeful!

[quote user="nu_matik"]WE HAVEN''T SIGNED THREE OF THOSE PLAYERS.

For fu**s sake[/quote]SHOULD??????????????

I think if we played Russell Martin as the 11th man, we''d do better...

Seriously though, that team looks good! Decent second string too.

Bunn, Whittaker, Turner, Bennett, Garrido, tettey, Johnno, Pilks, e be no, wes, becchio

[quote user="nu_matik"]WE HAVEN''T SIGNED THREE OF THOSE PLAYERS.

For fu**s sake[/quote]

Wow, you''re really angry about something the OP evidently already knows.

i know it hasnt been spent (yet)but if it is, he should be treated like any other manager who spends that amount at a club the size of Norwich and doesnt improveplaying with the big (ish) boys, have to be treated like them

The quality of our squad is a significant improvement on the 2 previous seasons, albeit we do not know what it will look like until August, some of the mooted signings will probably not come whilst others will. Even with the better squad we need to be realistic as many other clubs eg Southampton and Swansea are also significantly improving. Just creeping into the top half would be our very best but I hope far more distance in points terms from the bottom 3 or 4

Though the signings are exciting, I''ll bridle my expectations so as not to be dissapointed if everything doesn''t fire on all cylinders. Solid mid table with no looking over the shoulder would be magnificent!

I''ll say one thing though, other than Utd and Arsenal - it''s going to be more difficult to take points off the big boys.

It should be an interesting league this year with all the exta money coming in from TV deals and the managerial changes. With the money we''re spending I''d expect us to be aiming for 6th-7th and anything outside the top 10 should be seen as a failure.

We know the run in is horrible and I would be surprised if we don''t need something in that run with destiny in our own hands to stay up.

We can be built for a much better campaign and have potentially a few more headline players in our team that can improve our win ratio compared to draws from last season. Each club has improved but if we can build that fortress at carrow road, get the new boys to love playing at a loud carrow road we can have something here, they will be ready to show off there talents in those big premiership games.

Those games we had chances, these players can make chances out of nothing and convert so we are in a much better place, but of course there will be better teams out there.

Exciting season and one where I feel the promoted clubs still will struggle, but we have to put them to the sword. After not performing against the bottom three or four last season we need to look at getting as many maximum points from those games.

40 points is the goal, moving clear of 40 is the next goal, league position isn''t going to be helped with our run in. But if for some parts of the season we were in the upper half then our new players could see where we are.

Rvw signing is absolutely the turning point the players we have been associated since have just leapt out of the page. We can sign quality now and not rely on what we had. Our better existing players can improve and others will wilt and then in January and next summer we can improve again.

Just totally exciting.