Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Mixed Messages From The Box Office Over Away Ticket Stubs.

I agree. I understand that a single system cannot be fair to everyone but this new system has definitely made it more difficult for non-season ticket holders. Perhaps giving season ticket holders 750 points would have been a bit more fair to all.  ie. a season ticket holder who had been to 5 away games would be equal to a member that had been to 10 away games.

To be fair Matt, the Club was always likely to be on a "hiding to nothing" on this one, whatever changes they made to the old system and there was always be "winners" and "losers" as a result.

Rightly, or wrongly, the Club doesn''t seem to "do consultantion" anymore. We really have no idea how many away STH there were / are, or how many "10 stubbers" existed and, therefore, how many tickets were typically available for the old "Group 3" category, or, indeed, how many were sold by the general sale basis last season. It''s therefore difficult to judge whether the Club has got this right or not.

One thing is for certain, the Club has to ensure that no one is totally excluded from away travel if they want to go, otherwise, the next / younger generation will never get to follow the Club away from home, a right that some fans presently seem to regard with an "air of superority" or "badge of honour" over some fellow fans

"otherwise, the next / younger generation will never get to follow the Club away from home, a right that some fans presently seem to regard with an "air of superority" or "badge of honour" over some fellow fans"

The tickets are generally freely available (other than for Arsenal away last year), including for the next/younger generation.

The issue is with the design of the system. In the rare cases that allocations are limited, why someone with a season ticket but no away games should rank higher in the system than someone without a ST but who has been to all 19 away games seems, to me, ludicrous.

If the design is deliberate, rather than unintended, I can only think that the club cares much more about ST holders than, say, Norwich fans living on the other side of the country who go regularly to away games near where they live but who for practical reasons do not get to Carrow Road.

I wonder whether this redesign is being used as another way of encouraging "borderline non-ST holders" to sign up to the season ticket waiting list, as it''s another clear benefit of being a ST holder.

[quote user="GMF"]We really have no idea how many away STH there were / are, or how many "10 stubbers" existed and, therefore, how many tickets were typically available for the old "Group 3" category, or, indeed, how many were sold by the general sale basis last season. It''s therefore difficult to judge whether the Club has got this right or not.[/quote]I found out this information from NCFC last season, the combined total (Groups 1/2) was around 1,100 if I remember correctly.

Thanks Matt, I recall there previously being a limit set on away season ticket holders (circa 850 from memory) before last season commenced, although, whether that was reached or not, I don''t know?

Not even sure if I''ve seen a renewal for the actual Season Ticket renewals at home for the forthcoimg season, come to think of it?

Just got an email from the club - my points total correct at 1850 but my lad''s only 1500 - should both be the same.

Surprised by the difference given we applied through the ballot each time they were held. The only games which went straight on general sale, and therefore will only be recorded on my account were: Sunderland, Wigan and I think Newcastle - not sufficient to account for all the difference! Were there other games which went on general sale I''ve forgotten?